Maddison's mate in trouble (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire SB

Bloody hell, a lot of pretty unfair judgement here based on one side of a story and the spin within a newspaper article. I've sat in newspaper editorial meetings and know how they work, they'll select quotes and spin it whatever way they can to make the story as compelling as possible, which in this case is obviously to make Maddison look like an arrogant, young footballer.

Look at that interaction below. If true, it's incredibly bizarre behaviour by Maddison, and the most placid and polite exchange in face of confrontation from the three prosecuting.

Judge Peters told the court Mr Brown was waiting for a taxi with friends at a bus stop when the footballer approached them in the early hours.
"He said 'Do you know who I am?' It was quite friendly, not at all aggressive," she said.
"We said 'We don't know, why would we?' He said 'I'm James Maddison, I play for Norwich City.'
"When we said we didn't know, he changed a bit and started talking about his trainers.
"He said he earns £7,000 per week. He said he earns more in a month than we do in a year. He didn't ask what I did. He said his shoes were worth more than our outfits."
Mr Brown's evidence was that another person approached as he sat at the bus stop and said "You should know who he is", before delivering a "slap" to his face and punching him when he stood up.

speedie87

I saw about 6months some Norwich fan on twitter asking him politely to stop driving around at high speed like a knob or he was going to have a big accident

Covstu

He does come across as a bit of a gobshite in this but I bet a lot of young footballers do.

Grendel

SkyBlue_Bear83

Shows we had no chance of keeping him, £7k per week for a player bought in by a championship club for the future and loaned straight out for the season. Thomas must be on more at Leicester and you can only assume McNulty will be on similar.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Norwich were a premier league club when they signed him

stupot07

Norwich were a premier league club when they signed him
Fair enough, they got relegated that season didn't they, that's where I've probably got co fusec? I still stand by McNulty being on at least that at Reading, the average basic wage in the championship was £6,235 pw two years ago, and strikers get paid a premium at every level.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CCFC54321

I’m told by a very reliable source he was on a lot more than £7k a week at Norwich. Double it and add some more and you will get nearer the £number.

You also won’t believe what his salary his at Leicester.

SlowerThanPlatt

I’m told by a very reliable source he was on a lot more than £7k a week at Norwich. Double it and add some more and you will get nearer the £number.

That was his first contract at Norwich before he was around the first team squad

robbiekeane

£7k on the original deal, then around £20k when he signed a new contract.

Word on the street it’s about £70k a week at Leicester

Rasputin

Just started posting in here but have been reading for a long time.
Usually if someone posts a thread about Maddison we get a “who gives a shit he no longer plays for us anymore”.
Yet a thread about his mate who we don’t know in which Maddison comes off in a bad light.
Not a squeak.........

Gleneagles65

Usually if someone posts a thread about Maddison we get a “who gives a shit he no longer plays for us anymore”.
Yet a thread about his mate who we don’t know in which Maddison comes off in a bad light.
Not a squeak.........

Gleneagles65

Norwich paid decent wages back then,it’s why they’re in the shit now . Naismith was on 40/50 K a week so I’d imagine Maddison was hitting 20K + in his last year there .

Grendel

Not a squeak.........

I preferred Ma Baker myself

jordan210

To be fair to James he has always been a bit of a twat. Ever since he created his #JM10 on twitter and when he purchased/leased his Evoque he went a bit look at me I'm the greatest.

Im sure most of us with an ounce of his talent and money would probably turn in to a bit of a dick.

Nick

Administrator
To be fair to James he has always been a bit of a twat. Ever since he created his #JM10 on twitter and when he purchased/leased his Evoque he went a bit look at me I'm the greatest.

Im sure most of us with an ounce of his talent and money would probably turn in to a bit of a dick.

I'd be a Balotelli type dickhead letting fireworks off and paying for random things rather than the "do you know who i am" type.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd be a Balotelli type dickhead letting fireworks off and paying for random things rather than the "do you know who i am" type.

Letting the bathroom know you were there in the first couple of minutes, eh Nick?

shmmeee

TBF at least he's earned it a bit. I've known people who have been "do you know who I am"ed by fucking U23 players who play non league now.

Maybe his new line can now be “Do you know how much I’m on?”

"Cos Ive lost track"

Reactions: vow

robbiekeane

Hahah same

I'd be completely financially irresponsible but i'd be getting everyones fuel in the petrol station (i know that wasnt true) and putting serious wedges behind the bar in normal clubs/bars all the time.

Sadly I have no such financial means...although I did once buy everybody in the crowded toilet (about 20 guys) at The Blue Bell Inn in Nottingham a spray of whatever they wanted off the freshen up bloke for £20 and got applauded out the toilets. My first and last ever Jordan Belfort moment i think.

Nick

Administrator
Hahah same

I'd be completely financially irresponsible but i'd be getting everyones fuel in the petrol station (i know that wasnt true) and putting serious wedges behind the bar in normal clubs/bars all the time.

Sadly I have no such financial means...although I did once buy everybody in the crowded toilet (about 20 guys) at The Blue Bell Inn in Nottingham a spray of whatever they wanted off the freshen up bloke for £20 and got applauded out the toilets. My first and last ever Jordan Belfort moment i think.

I bet the guy in there was telling you that you were going to get loads of punani because of it as well.

hill83

"Hello ladies, my name is Nick and I don't normally tell anyone this but I actually run a Coventry City forum and have well over 27000 posts"

Users who are viewing this thread