Maddison to Newcastle. (1 Viewer)

The Great Eastern

So with the sale of Madders to Newcastle from L*stah seemingly going ahead with only the transfer fee to be thrashed out, the Norwich fans are already crowing about the 15% they are going to make on anything over £24 million. Are we entitled to a further share of his transfer move from Norwich ?
Say he goes for £60 mill then Norwich get £5.4 mill. Would be great if we got even 10% of that ?

Yorkshire SB

Assuming we do, Norwich is 15% and ours is 10-15% based on differing reports. I think he'll end up going for £60-65m - Leicester no mugs.

So we'll get between £540k and £925k dependent on the specifics. Not bad.

Legia Sky Blue

Your maths are wrong. The percentage we get will be of the profit, not the total fee, so if we are entitled to a cut still it will be in the region of £350k.

mark82

The way this has been spoken about in the past you'd assume it would be more than the standard percentage of what Norwich get (which would be standard terms of any sell on).

mark82

Think we might have to take the fee we initially received from Norwich off that £5.4m can’t remember what how much it was.

Nope. Wouldn't need to do that. That element has already been satisfied when they sold him. Percentage is on profit, everything they receive from an onward sale is profit.

SBAndy

Do we definitely absolutely get some money then?

I *think* regardless of clauses we’d qualify for some kind of solidarity payment. But given the circumstances I’d expect we would get a cut of the additional profit from the deal - only way it would be avoided is if the contract stipulated that it was profit only from the immediate sale.

Calista

Pretty sure Anderson said after selling Maddison that we had ‘an investment in the remainder of his career’. But what sort of investment?

How much did we get initially – about £2.5m? Many of us were angry about selling too soon, to bail out the club because Sisu wouldn’t put any more money in. I imagine they tell their investors they are brilliant risk-takers, yet they approach everything like short-sighted bean-counters. They had such a huge asset in their hands, and it was obvious he’d be worth tens of millions some day. I never thought it was good business, and if we get £500k out of this deal it looks even worse.

alexccfc99

Pretty sure Anderson said after selling Maddison that we had ‘an investment in the remainder of his career’. But what sort of investment?

How much did we get initially – about £2.5m? Many of us were angry about selling too soon, to bail out the club because Sisu wouldn’t put any more money in. I imagine they tell their investors they are brilliant risk-takers, yet they approach everything like short-sighted bean-counters. They had such a huge asset in their hands, and it was obvious he’d be worth tens of millions some day. I never thought it was good business, and if we get £500k out of this deal it looks even worse.

That is easy to say in hindsight, he’s worth millions of pounds now because Norwich and Leicester have provided the platform for him to play at a higher level - We were never going to be able do that and as a result got the ‘going rate’ for a good League 1 player

It’s also worth noting that when Maddison was sold he’d just come back from a long term injury and had only played a handful of matches in that particular season

PUSB-We_are_going_up

We get money for international appearances and goals

Speedies_Chips

I think someone on here said that we will get something (£1m?) if he starts a competitive international, so far he has only come on as a sub once.
Not sure about that. So if he starts Englands next game, who would actually owe us a million? Can't see how that condition could have been put in place.

Calista

That is easy to say in hindsight, he’s worth millions of pounds now because Norwich and Leicester have provided the platform for him to play at a higher level - We were never going to be able do that and as a result got the ‘going rate’ for a good League 1 player
True, given the strategy.

I guess their investors, like the fans, were happy with the downward spiral from Championship mid-table to the depths of League 2, and didn’t see anything wrong with supplementing the ever-dwindling income by disposing of vital playing assets at the first opportunity.

I’d like to think the approach has changed in more recent years, but it feels more like Robins has worked wonders with little backing.

fernandopartridge

If Maddison goes for £60m we'll have made what? 5% of his total transfer fees ever. It does feel rather unfair. The artist who writes a song does not get such a disproportionately low royalty from its future sales.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grendel

We’d be bankrupt if we hadn’t sold him

Grendel

If Maddison goes for £60m we'll have made what? 5% of his total transfer fees ever. It does feel rather unfair. The artist who writes a song does not get such a disproportionately low royalty from its future sales.

i think it’s more I think the league two season a big slug of cash came from his sale

robbiekeane

Probably more like 10%, no?

The way to look at it is we sold a player of high potential but still unproven, in League 1 for ultimately 5/6 million quid.

For every maddison there's a bayliss or a george thomas or ben stevenson

Users who are viewing this thread