madders gone (3 Viewers)

Undisclosed, so we don't know what TM gets or SISU get.
What I would say is that, Maddison has been playing during our 11 game poor run, so clearly he is not able to influence results on his own. We still have him till the end of the season, plus 2 premier defenders and possibly more to come. So, we are stronger today, than we were yesterday, so that has to be good doesn't it?

A voice of reason. Finally.

rob9872

Will prove to be good business if we get some funds for a good loan that will get us over the line and if this league but if we don't go up then it's far too soon. Great choice of club for him imo as will play and not out to forget like at a big 6 team. If he does well there he'll go for top money to be a starter at a top side. I hope we have a sell on included.

ajsccfc

Sky Sports did say that Spurs bid £7m, but then they've spent the entire day telling us how good all the signings are based on their Football Manager stats so I wouldn't put much faith in them.

Terry Gibson's perm

Good move for him as he has a far better chance of getting some games there ahead of the other clubs.

Can an pay the lawyers tomorrow now:facepalm:

SkyBlueHomer

I wouldn't believe £2m for a second. Not even our owners are that stupid.

Nobody knows how much it is at this stage, all guesswork

ccfc92

[h=3]Maddison: 'Delighted to sign for a club of the size of Norwich'[/h]Maddison said: “I’ve been working hard towards achieving this goal and I’m delighted to be signing for a club the size and stature of Norwich.
“They are a club moving in the right direction and I’m looking forward to progressing my career there after finishing this season at Coventry.”

Londonccfcfan

How the hell can Gillingham show great resolve to reject 4 bids of £2m and yet we accept £2M....I don't think for one minute it's £2M

st john

Was the deal already done? You can't do a deal like this in 30 minutes. Madders needed to be contacted, and would have needed time to think about it surely

topcat

The BBC website says fee undisclosed, yet on BBC1 they say 'believed to be £2million' I hope they are just guessing and have got their figures wrong. £2Million is a joke

Pusb1

You'd have to almost 100% assume that we'll hear about Jacob Murphy being included in this deal further down the line... i'd expect him to join in the summer as part of this deal..

st john

There was a post somewhere a few weeks ago, maybe Twitter, where someone said Madders was going to Norwich for 2M. Everyone called him a troll

skyblue1991

Wouldn't surprise me if our fans boo'd him in the next game.

Could be detrimental having him in the firs team knowing he isn't going to be here much longer.

ajsccfc

'I’ve been working hard towards achieving this goal'

What young Coventry fan isn't ultimately aiming to not play for Norwich?

ccfclinney

Tell Chris Anderson exactly what you think at @soccerquant on Twitter !! He's getting some serious stick and rightly so! Interesting Mowbray said stuff about every player signed absolute nothing about this .. wouldn't be supprised if he was quit. They were saying he and Venus were in charge of the football side of things and budget absolute no chance he would sanction this move especially for peanuts!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Great footwork to send the man the wrong way but no turn of pace to then make it count.
if 2m, then good money for the games and injuries. I don't think he will ever make it at premiership level. I wish him well and hope he proves me wrong.

Londonccfcfan

Wouldn't surprise me if our fans boo'd him in the next game.

Could be detrimental having him in the firs team knowing he isn't going to be here much longer.

Wtf ...booing him?

in fact may see the best of him now he is free, and hasn't got all this speculation hanging over him.

he can just buckle down now and give his all for home town club and get us promotion.

BrisbaneBronco

Tell Chris Anderson exactly what you think at @soccerquant on Twitter !! He's getting some serious stick and rightly so! Interesting Mowbray said stuff about every player signed absolute nothing about this .. wouldn't be supprised if he was quit. They were saying he and Venus were in charge of the football side of things and budget absolute no chance he would sanction this move especially for peanuts!

Lets wait and see. TM could well have identified players he can get for free, that would improve us, but Maddison would have to go to cover wages etc. All will become clear in the next day or so. Looking fwd to what TM says

Nick

Administrator
He is still very unproven, yes he does some good skills and turns. I can't see the outrage though. I am struggling, it just seems like another good excuse for people not to go to games and shout about SISU.

rob9872

How times change. Two months ago we were flying, playing some of the best football I've ever seen, for the first time in years being a city fan felt great. Now we're still 5th but losing, stopped scoring, playing shit football and sold our one shining light. We deserve some luck soon, if we don't get up this season I really fear for us.

Users who are viewing this thread