Macfarlane Gone (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

It was only a matter of time . Pusb

Manchester_sky_blue

Makes sense.

Didn't they say at the time of Pressleys sacking that Macfarlane would only stay on as long as necessary?

Wonder if Venus/Clapham will be given the title of assistant or if it will just be left vacant.

Captain Dart

Terse statement wasn't it.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe there just wasn't enough room on the bus for him?*

*Referring to a thread the other day!

skybluegod

Makes sense.

Didn't they say at the time of Pressleys sacking that Macfarlane would only stay on as long as necessary?

Wonder if Venus/Clapham will be given the title of assistant or if it will just be left vacant.

Mcfarlane himself said that he would take on the position till end of the season them leave because he had come here with SP and would leave with him. Obviously he wasn't just gonna resign though, so I presume he was holding out for compensation which has now been agreed and so fair enough and good luck to him.

SkyBlueSid

I'm surprised he stayed as long as he did, given his association with Pressley. Maybe SP is up for a job somewhere and wants his help. Can't imagine who would be that desperate though....

SkyBlue_Bear83

So are we appointing a new assistant or will Clapham or Venus step up to it?

I'm a little bit surprised and not at the same time, I expected him to go when Mowbray signed his new contract after last season but when they said he would be staying on I'm a little bit surprised he has left so soon after saying that.

Kingokings204

I'm pleased. He seemed an honest man etc but it just didn't work out in the end. Get gone and let's bring in a striker.

Captain Dart

Manchester_sky_blue

Which suggest to me he hasn't left for a new job.

When he is sitting on a 4 year contract why would he agree to go by mutual consent if he didn't have another job to go to? At 37 and on the kind of wages we could afford to pay he's not going to be rolling in dosh.

chiefdave

By mutual consent might mean they've given him a lump sum to go now rather than hang around when not needed / wanted by TM.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
judging by the comments on the SCG feedback then it well could be a pure cost saving exercise as much as anything else. If so that may well mean that there are no extra funds to be available in playing budget because of him leaving

rupert_bear

Why the surprise was always on his bike, perhaps contract expired end of July. Probably fixed up a job in dear old Scotland

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

i like the idea of him only just realizing that mogga isnt pressley i thought he would have gone ages ago seems he waited until he was sure they wouldnt be giving him a pay off to leave to just agree to leave for free

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It was a mutual agreement, so we wouldn't.

I wonder if MacFarlane's recent trip to Scotland was more a job hunt than family visit.

Or perhaps a visit home to decide what his best options were; Stay on and be away from his family with a new backroom staff, or leave and wait for something else to come up either nearer home or wherever Pressley ends up?

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread