macdonald? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

You're right. Terrible judge of player. What with Westwood, Dann, Fox, Gunnarsson, Juke and the like all being scouted by him and bought for next to nothing... :facepalm:

Yes of course they were all down to him - I even have seen one post claiming he scouted King.

Now the current squad of players who are the worst in living memory well I guess he was on holiday when they were "scouted"

Disorganised1

Yes of course they were all down to him - I even have seen one post claiming he scouted King.

Now the current squad of players who are the worst in living memory well I guess he was on holiday when they were "scouted"

Terrible players like Hussey ? or our youth team players who've been drafted in.

Dunno about worst team - certainly shortest memory supporters

Grendel

So he scouted the youth players now? Presumably though not Bell, O'Donovan et al.

Dunno about worst team -- right!!

mark82

So he scouted the youth players now? Presumably though not Bell, O'Donovan et al.

Dunno about worst team -- right!!

Some he probably would have been involved in scouting. Others would probably have been decisions by previous managers without a scouts involvement (clingan, bell & others).

I'm not sure what people expect of Thorn after losing half of his first team through little fault of his own and given no money to replace them. You can't even get good loans these days with no money.

Perryccfc

I don't know how some of you can question kduffy, I mean, he's clearly a top top international scout, his posts are so inspiring and full of insightful revalations about our players. How we should trust him that Cody won't score goals elsewhere et al! Really??

Astute

So it is AT who pays transfer fees and AT who decides how much we can pay in wages?

What is the use of him scouting players when SISU won't pay transfer fees or wages? How many good players can we get for free and a low wage?

Must all be AT's fault as he is a shite scout :thinking about: I suppose he has now decided to sell Juke. Just as he must have decided to get rid of most of our decent players.

Here was me thinking it was SISU who decides who to sell and who to bring in as cheaply as possible :facepalm:

ccfcway

Hasn't settled since moving from norwich, so moving to Swindon, that makes sense ?. If this happens, there is certainly something wrong in the dressing room, perhaps sisu are getting to them more than we think.

skyblue19

I think he will come good, he gets into good positions just needs to equal that with his finishing. A few games played and you never know.

J

Jack Griffin

Well said. People seem to forget that our board have sold (or let leave) a number of our best players, and made virtually no funds available to replace them. McDonald is young still, he needs to be given time. Unfortunately we don't have much to give.

Actually he is in mid career, he is 25.

la-ccfc

So why did Thorn say he was after him for months??! I don't believe a word that comes from SISU or thorns mouth to be honest

If you turn it the other way why wouldn't he say that, he is hardly going to say "He is nowhere near good enough and we have only bought him because every other striker was too dear or doesn't want to play for us"

mememe

if you listen to fans forums too much you would believe every player we have is being sold. in my experience other teams arent really that interested in players that take a team to the bottom of the league, hence... juke will obviously go and maybe 1 more like deegan or eastwood.. but they are relatively good players, the fans crying about macdonald, or bigi or any other below average want theyre minds testing. who would want them? and if they di go would it not be blessing for us? as long as they are better replaced? is that not what thorn is trying to do?

Grendel

So it is AT who pays transfer fees and AT who decides how much we can pay in wages?

No but my point is the negative circumstance he works in does not make him a good manager - he isn't.

What is the use of him scouting players when SISU won't
pay transfer fees or wages? How many good players can we get for free and a low wage?

My comment is aimed at the fact people who support thorn will only look at apparant good players he may or may not have scouted (no-one actually knows) and then assume anyway these attributes make him a good manager - they don't.

Must all be AT's fault as he is a shite scout :thinking about: I suppose he has now decided to sell Juke. Just as he must have decided to get rid of most of our decent players.

Juke was always going anyway it is an opportunity for him and he would never have stayed with us. Again no evidence put forward that make thorn a good manager.

Here was me thinking it was SISU who decides who to sell and who to bring in as cheaply as possible :facepalm:[/QUOT

Yes they do. My whole point is thorn has no ability as manager. He does not display any tactical or motivational skills and is clearly out his depth. Your whole post in trying to defend him is a deflection of the issue. Not one positive statement about his managerial ability. I wonder what that really says.
Still no comme

skybluedan

where ever he goes i'll drive him there myself.........not having him as a player at all.

i'm just hoping mcsheffrey gets to play ever game upfront between now and end of season.....if he does he'll score more than 10 goals, sure of it

speedie mate he has only had a few games and should be one we should keep for league 1 just dont think he has been seen enough to judge Imo and please dont pin your hopes on sheff to save us lad,its already over........................

coop

McDonald hasn't had a chance.Same old fickle cov fans giving one of there own players shit.Give the lad a fecking break.People were slagging the lad off before he even came and them same people are slagging nimley off before he's even arrived.Is this where the saying send them to Coventry came from fickle fecking cov fans.If you don't want to support the team stay away from the ricoh o most of you already do.

speedie87

i just don't think he's good enough.....normally i think every player we sign is the next Pele.

however most of my reservations are based on his athletic ability..........therefore it could be a fitness thing.

however i do understand your frustration if i proved wrong,as i always rated jay boothroyd, macca, best etc and could never understand why other people couldn't see that they would all make it to the Prem. Bit like i really rate Conor Thomas and have the misfortune to sit infront of a bloke who spends 90mins moaning about him!

i'd still never boo mcdonald, but if i was picking the team he wouldn't get in ahead of macca.

coop

Probably not at the moment Macca's season only really started 5 or 6 games ago before that I thought he was poor and looked unfit like most of the team.This is all because we still don't have a full time fitness coach.I'm pleased with Macca as I've bet him for first goal scorer in the last two home games.A different player now he's moved up front and I think he and McDonald could work well together .

speedie87

can't see them playing together neither can win flick on's or hold the ball up.

although mcdonald's areial abilitilty in the box is the only thing that he's impressed me with so far.

Glen

If i was Thorn i would ask to meet board twat the lot of them and leave the club and tell everyone the truth

Users who are viewing this thread