macdonald? (1 Viewer)

Perryccfc

Cody McDonald Leaving already?!

Linked heavily with Swindon. Hasn't really settled here yet but had he been given a real shot and run in first team. Bit harsh on the lad if true.

Otis

Would be nice if we had tried to give him the ball.

If he's going it doesn't reflect too well on "He's my number one target" Thorn does it.

stupot07

If he is off, it could only be a loan. I'm sure you can't be registered to more than 2 teams in a season.

It might be worth letting go out on loan for a month to get a few games, given his injury and fitness problems.

speedie87

where ever he goes i'll drive him there myself.........not having him as a player at all.

i'm just hoping mcsheffrey gets to play ever game upfront between now and end of season.....if he does he'll score more than 10 goals, sure of it

The way we are now we need a striker who scores every game, if they dont we will want rid. This is real roy of the rovers stuff now!

I'm not going to judge the lad at this level until he's got himself fully fit and sharp again. We all saw how important a pre season is with Marlon King. It took him until the Spring to get back to his best!

McDonald gets himself into the right positions, he's just a bit rusty and I suspect low on confidence now too.

skybluegod

ok correct me if im wrong but at the very begining of the summer transfer window whenwe were linked with macdonald thorn dismissed it and said not my type of player,but then a few months later he is his number one target. was it SISU ??

CUS Wyken

So why did Thorn say he was after him for months??! I don't believe a word that comes from SISU or thorns mouth to be honest

Thorn, a former Chief Scout at the Club, would have seen plenty of players who could play in that position. He waited to find out how much money he would have and spent it as best he thought at the time. McDonald hasn't set the world alight, but Thorn's ability to find players should be not be under scrutiny the same way as his tactical decisions are, even if discounting the fact SISU determine our transfers by netting as much of a profit as they can by downgrading the playing staff.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I'd heard a whisper that we were "making his availablity known".

I wasn't sure whether to believe it, but now I'm thinking perhaps it was right.

If so, something has gone badly wrong somewhere.

ccfcway

this would be crazy, but would be no shock.

He isnt fit, despite being here for weeks, doesnt look like scoring, and doesnt look that impressive

Having said all of that, i was more than hoping he would get a pre season under his belt and come out fighting in league one next season

the thought of Platt and ROD in league one next season really does depress me !

CCFC123

People say he didn't have a pre-season.... correct me if i'm wrong what was he doing at Norwich? Was he injured in July and August?

Sutty

People say he didn't have a pre-season.... correct me if i'm wrong what was he doing at Norwich? Was he injured in July and August?

Frozen out. Trained with the reserves and youth teamers, and didn't play any of their pre-season friendlies.

ccfcway

1 in 2 striker when in the team

it might have been in league 2, but shows he knows where the net is

I really was pinning hopes on him next season

for me, who fully accepts we are down, this (if true) would be more depressing than Juke, as he could make a big impact in League One, and Juke was never gonna stick around

Grendel

The only impact he would make is on a mega mixed grill in your local. He makes eastwod look like slimmer of the year.

PVA

He won't go.

I hope he doesn't anyway. When fully fit and with a run in the team he will score goals.

Absolutely cannot believe people are writing him off already based on...well I'm not to sure because he's hardly played for us.

Grendel

You're right there last 5 words anyway,

Pigeon

It'd be a bit stupid to sell him before we've properly looked at him. We played him when he was unfit when he first came because we were out of options and he got a goal. We might aswell keep him and see what he can do seeing as Thorn raved about him.

mark82

You're right. Terrible judge of player. What with Westwood, Dann, Fox, Gunnarsson, Juke and the like all being scouted by him and bought for next to nothing... :facepalm:

Well said. People seem to forget that our board have sold (or let leave) a number of our best players, and made virtually no funds available to replace them. McDonald is young still, he needs to be given time. Unfortunately we don't have much to give.

Users who are viewing this thread