Macca (1 Viewer)

Bennoisback

I have been trying all morning to contain my anger over this idiot. He has shown no passion at all for the club and his body language shows he is not interested, before anyone says "neither has anyone else" this bloke is a cov lad and city fan!!!!!
If he thinks he is to good for a league one team ask to leave........lets see how many come running for you (Clingan springs to mind) Macca should be destroying this league and he must know that.

stupot07

I wouldn't say he's not trying or he doesn't care, the problem is he isn't half the player he was in his first spell, yet a lot of fans believe he is 'on paper'.

skybluedaze

You would have thought given his age and experience, not to mention love of the club, that he would lead by example wouldn't you? Maybe that's the problem though, maybe he cares to much and the whole situation is getting too him? The more probable explanation is that he is actually past it and needs to move on.

gally9

Against Yeovil it was clear to me he was trying to hard to be the hero.. No he just looks like he's given up.

cyril

Met him last year in leamington. I thought he was an odious little shit who's too big for his boots

pusbccfc

He got far too big for his boots. Very poor player since his return.

What annoyed me last night was when he was running down the wing before he crossed the ball to Baker, it was evident he has pace... STILL! But is too scared to use it!

aodea

Yeah he has been a dissapointment because we expect so much. i still think he is a forward or maybe in the hole. His confidence is clearly shot and if he is in a winning team i think he would be better because he is not really a player to get stuck in when we are in a fight.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah he has been a dissapointment because we expect so much. i still think he is a forward or maybe in the hole. His confidence is clearly shot and if he is in a winning team i think he would be better because he is not really a player to get stuck in when we are in a fight.

Expecting him to be able to trap a ball or put a cross in isnt really too much from a footballer...

I wish he would stop trying to knock it past players and run round them, its never worker

covcity4life

hes a strange one, got 9 important goals in championship last year and we were struggling but so ineffective in league 1 thus far

i still have faith he can score alot of goals in this league but for now he needs dropping for fleck.

Grendel

He is finished. Appetite and pace have both gone. Time to say goodbye.

SkyBlueScottie

You would have thought that he would have learnt by now he cant knock the ball past somebody and expect to run around them, he was dire last night, according to Robins he needs to work in positions where he can get on the end of flick ons, however he just didnt know where to play, Moussa was far more effective and also better at putting pressure on Gleeson.

OyJimmy

Thought he actually worked hard last night and his corner for the goal was excellent. He's improving and for that reason people should get off his back. He was not responsible for the the poor start to the second half. If you want to balme anyone blame Barton. The worst player to wear a Sky Blue shirt in our history. He contributed nothing. And just looked like he was out for a jog. At least Sheff put in some effort.

PVA

He's been poor this season, no doubt.

But I don't get the stick he got for the last 2 seasons. He scored some important goals from midfield, was our top scorer last year and the year before scored some vital winners that probably kept us up.

sky_blue_up_north

Was past it when you got him back from Brum, all the injuries have taken there toll. Time to move on.

ccfcrob

He puts in no effort whatsoever doesn't track back however I don't ever think he was as good as his hype the reason he stood out before was because he was in a very poor team. I I remember when we tried to give him away and Luton still sent him back. The the bloke is a donkey get rid ASAP

Nick

Administrator
Or when he went to Leeds when they were in League 1 and they didn't really rate him either.

lordsummerisle

He puts in no effort whatsoever doesn't track back however I don't ever think he was as good as his hype the reason he stood out before was because he was in a very poor team. I I remember when we tried to give him away and Luton still sent him back. The the bloke is a donkey get rid ASAP

He's not in a poor team now then??

Was McAllister who tried to get rid of him to Luton, was after that that he really hit great form for us which is what led to his transfer to Brum. Strange bloke McAllister.

He's shot now though.

bamalamafizzfazz

Was I at a different game yesterday??!!

I was impressed with Macca last night. He was quite effective linking play in the first half with Moussa and McGoldrick down the left. Robins switched it round and moved Moussa inside later in the game and this isolated McSheffrey and Moussa wasn't in the game hardly either.

The reason for this I believe was that in the first half we were getting some good moves down the left with Reckord and Moussa which was identified by MKD and they pushed play out to our right as much as they could for the rest of the game. How many attacks were started by their left back Lewington?

I thought that Baker was useless and Christie didn't look fit and between the two of them gave the ball away far too often, I also thought that McGoldrick might have picked up an injury as he wasn't running and chasing as the game went on.

I was most frustrated with the long balls towards the end especially as a lot of the time Ball wasn't even close to winning headers. I think there has been criticism of players not being there to win knockdowns which I agree with as at the end McGoldrick was playing wide left but from what I saw most of them weren't there to be won in the first place.

As for McSheffrey he was chasing quite a lot including lost balls back to the goalkeeper and yeah maybe he tried to take on too many players and can't take it past them but if he was actually better than Messi (like his song) he wouldn't be playing league 1 football.

While we're on the subject of taking players on does anyone remeber McGoldrick just trying to run through a defender at the start of the second half? Couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Waldorf

The worst player to wear a Sky Blue shirt in our history.

The worst? I can think of a couple of othe candidates. Julian Darby? Sherwood? Give me time, I'll give you a couple more. On last night's showing, you could probably add Wood to that list.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He wasn't terrible last night, he played better than Moussa but since Moussa is the new boy on the block some people rated him as 7 and Sheff as a 4. He was still very average last night but wasn't as wasteful as I have seen him play before and put in a few decent crosses

cloughie

Went on loan to Luton, and started scoring and Luton wanted to keep him but we recalled him and he continued to score for us

He got far too big for his boots. Very poor player since his return.

What annoyed me last night was when he was running down the wing before he crossed the ball to Baker, it was evident he has pace... STILL! But is too scared to use it!

great ball aswell, well past it for me and maybe gets contracts for being a cov lad before earning one

I've spent the last couple of years in awe of how he's fooled so many people. The way he pretends to chase the ball but just not get there first, pretends to try to get there in time to put a tackle in but just miss out and pretend to try to head the ball. He's a charlatan and is insulting our intelligence. Waster, coaster, parasite...... take your pick.

redsox

Facebook User
:censored::censored: If he really doesn't care or isn't trying , why does he keep getting time on the field? Let him get splinters on the bench!!

Baginton

Luton would have bit our hands off, but they were skint, i'm sure Cov only wanted a small fee (£50k or so) , can you believe that was eight years ago, wow time flies.

Users who are viewing this thread