Maatsen (1 Viewer)

SheafIsGod

You could replace Maatsen with literally any player in our squad for that sentence.

Is Maatsen a better player than O’Hare? Debatable.

Is Maatsen a better AM than O’Hare? Most definitely. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded. O’Hare can’t shoot and has zero composure.

SkyblueTexan

Only thing I know is that we win when either Maatsen or O’Hare score, but the problem is the sample size is so small.

Great_Expectations

People not rating COH is absolutely ridiculous. He could and should score more, but that shortfall by no way outweighs the numerous other attributes he adds. Measuring effectiveness by goals scored is absolutely dinosaur.

Maatsen also gets way too much unfair criticism. He’s inconsistent, but he’s 19 and it’s his second season playing men’s football, it comes with the territory.

Grendel

Maatsen is gone by the end of the season anyway but of course the OP makes an absurd point

SlowerThanPlatt

You could replace Maatsen with literally any player in our squad for that sentence.

Is Maatsen a better player than O’Hare? Debatable.

Is Maatsen a better AM than O’Hare? Most definitely. Anyone who says otherwise is deluded. O’Hare can’t shoot and has zero composure.

If it’s only debateable that Maatsen is a better player then I don’t think he stands a chance of getting in Chelsea’s team

SheafIsGod

If it’s only debateable that Maatsen is a better player then I don’t think he stands a chance of getting in Chelsea’s team

O’Hare does have 4 years on him and far more games under his belt. With the quality of Chelsea’s full backs though I’d be surprised if Maatsen ever got near the 1st team

pusbccfc

O'Hare was brilliant yesterday. He's really stepped up in the last 3/4 games. Joy to watch when he picks up the ball on the turn.

Created some brilliant chances.

clint van damme

People not rating COH is absolutely ridiculous. He could and should score more, but that shortfall by no way outweighs the numerous other attributes he adds. Measuring effectiveness by goals scored is absolutely dinosaur.

Maatsen also gets way too much unfair criticism. He’s inconsistent, but he’s 19 and it’s his second season playing men’s football, it comes with the territory.

The other thing about O'Hare, people say he doesn't score enough, no argument, they say he doesn't create enough, not having that.

Chances on a plate for Hamer and Vik this week and both missed badly.

covcity4life

Nail on head on both counts

Cov kid 55

We play a really quick passing game, and press high up. O’Hare is critical for us in that style of play, and despite his lack of composure in front of goal (which he can improve), we wouldn’t be the same (good) team without him.

larry_david

I felt like yesterday I saw a different o hare to the one we've had this season. He took men on with pace, conviction, drive. This is what he used to do and in my opinion he's stopped it this season and looks to get rid of the ball as soon as anyone gets near him. Yesterday he beat two or three with pace and then got clattered, even having that shot that flew over the bar. Don't mind that at all, I wish he'd shoot more often with that conviction and one day it will fly in.

slowpoke

Maatsan played in a winning team in a new role and scored the winner what more do you want ffs! I hope we grab him back for another season at am

clint van damme

Maatsan played in a winning team in a new role and scored the winner what more do you want ffs! I hope we grab him back for another season at am

His performance wasn't great yesterday and people are just commenting on what they saw.

I'd also snap Chelseas hand off to have him back next season.

steve101

I thought O'Hare was better yesterday. Some nice moments where he turned well and was a little more direct with his running.
With regards Maatsen, I would be delighted to have him again next year. He has done well playing an unfamiliar position and I liked the way he took on the shot early and with his weaker foot. Too many times we have seen our players give up the opportunity for an early strike in favour of trying to bring it back onto their dominant foot, leading to the chance being squandered. He is really nippy and looks like he has a great attitude to have pushed on after early rejection.

Hertsccfc

His performance wasn't great yesterday and people are just commenting on what they saw.

I'd also snap Chelseas hand off to have him back next season.
He still needs to develop parts of his game but very likely to play at a higher level than anyone else in our squad in my view

Users who are viewing this thread