Lying about cancer (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
How did it even get that far that it goes on for 5 years?

He was doing it to benefit from it so sounds more than mental illness.

rob9872

All sounds very odd and attention seeking, perhaps even to the point of getting a relationship, but then I guess when everything is built on that lie, how do you ever suddenly change? Once he's so far in I bet it was consuming all his emotions to keep up the pretence. I'm not excusing him, but easy to see how these things can spiral out of control. Very sad case all round really.

skybluetony176

My guess is she was out of his league and he used it to sympathy woo her. A bit like Lee Evans character tried in something about Mary

wingy

Aren't all liars lacking something ?
Not necessarily mental either, although could be
I'd wager it's more on the emotional,self perception side of things , having known the background of one or two whopper tellers through school years .

Otis

Aren't all liars lacking something ?
Not necessarily mental either, although could be
I'd wager it's more on the emotional,self perception side of things , having known the background of one or two whopper tellers through school years .
You didn't tell us you went to school with Dale!

I used to have a friend at school and he earned the nickname Douggie Liar. Always telling whoppers and fibbing about everything.

Think he must have felt he was lacking something, because he hung himself some years later. :(

Users who are viewing this thread