Match Thread Luton (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

Either 1 - 0 or 1-1

Want the 3 will take the point

Beat Wycombe after that all is good

johnwillomagic

I think MR will go with same start xi as last game and hopefully we should be a lot fresher than them for this game,
Fancy us to sneak a 0-1 here!

Wilson

Osti Fadz Hyam

Dabo Kelly Hamer McCallum

James O'Hare

Biamou

shmmeee

I’m still not a fan of one up front and felt we made hard work of it at Derby, but Robins is and I expect us to use the same team as Derby with the diamond in midfield.

I’d like to see:

Wilson
Østigård McFadz Hyam
Dabo Hamer Kelly McCallum
O’Hare
Walker Godden

Assuming Godden is back as originally this was the first of the last ten games.

Paxman II

Max will start, deserves to. Godden will replace him late on and possibly Walker if we are behind. Difficult to call as Luton were having a good run before the last couple of games. We must take advantage of these less 'testing' fixtures if we have ambition to stay up. We do not want to be reliant on other results. People say we have an easier run in. Not so imo. But a couple of wins on the board now would pretty much settle the nerves, and our place in the championship. Birmingham in deep trouble now. Wycombe gone. Just one place to decide. We really ought to come away with at least a point. Remember the table never lies.
0-2

no_loyalty

Keep Godden on the bench against Luton, then unleash him on Saturday against Wycombe.

I think this will be a tight game, going for 1-1

shmmeee

Thing is we’ve got three very winnable games coming up then a run against better sides for four or five games. I’d be wary about holding something back like we did after Christmas.

Hobo

This is a tough fixture. Both sides can play good football on their day. Any points would be a welcome addition to the tally. But our season doesn't hinge on this one game.

letsallsingtogether

I’m still not a fan of one up front and felt we made hard work of it at Derby, but Robins is and I expect us to use the same team as Derby with the diamond in midfield.

I’d like to see:

Wilson
Østigård McFadz Hyam
Dabo Hamer Kelly McCallum
O’Hare
Walker Godden

Assuming Godden is back as originally this was the first of the last ten games.
Biamou for Walker, would be better.

Sky Blue Harry H

Luton are big and physical. main danger is from crosses/set pieces. That Adebayo likes to lurk at the back post for long crosses (stick Osti on him). Jordan Clark impresses me whenever I've watched him, and they have a Jaap Stam lookalike at the back who played well against Swansea.

SleepyGinger

Wilson
Dabo osti fadz Hyam mccallum
James Kelly
Ohare
Biamou Walker

Think despite the win against derby ohare and Biamou were quite isolated still, 2 up front and get at Luton we can win this. Hamer and godden nice options off the bench.

Last edited:

skybluesam66

Wilson
Dabo osti fadz Hyam mccallum
James Kelly
Ohare
Biamou Walker

Think despite the win against derby ohare and Biamou were quite isolated still, 2 up front and get at Luton we can win this. Hamer and godden nice options off the bench.
interesting that Biamou said he prefers playing the 1 not the 2, whereas Walker is probably better as part of a 2

Pezza

I'd love a win here, it would set us up nicely for Wycombe game and with pretty much all results being kind to us over the weekend, would give us some breathing space.

Having said that, a point one be decent and we go from there... as long as we keep picking up points and not losing we'll be ok.

skybluesam66

I'd love a win here, it would set us up nicely for Wycombe game and with pretty much all results being kind to us over the weekend, would give us some breathing space.

Having said that, a point one be decent and we go from there... as long as we keep picking up points and not losing we'll be ok.
minimum 3 points needed this week, 4 great, and 6 would almost see us home

Users who are viewing this thread