Match Thread Luton (2 Viewers)

better days

Never saw that coming
I'm glad Wilson made a few good saves late on but Marosi will be back next game for sure
Luton looked a decent side once they scored and were able to relax and start knocking it about
Poor Max, I feel sorry for him. The one he hit the post with was a lovely move and would have done his confidence a power of good
Pretty sure we'll see one or two changes in the next game

no_loyalty

Game over after 41 minutes, got lucky that we weren't hammered.

mrtrench

Poor second half. Ostigard lucky not to be sent off for clearing off the line. And what was Robins thinking of, by taking off Max, or most dangerous player? He'd obviously decided he was happy to lose.

Grendel

Harsh from you lot second half weve out a shift in and battled well. Once you remove your pissed off glasses you’ll be reasonable

Could easily have lost 6-0 but we battled well second half

Too many substandard performances over the 90 though. Godden won’t be fit till after international break.

It was diabolical

Sky Blue Pete

Never saw that coming
I'm glad Wilson made a few good saves late on but Marosi will be back next game for sure
Luton looked a decent side once they scored and were able to relax and start knocking it about
Poor Max, I feel sorry for him. The one he hit the post with was a lovely move and would have done his confidence a power of good
Godden looked way off didn’t he? Walker looked fitter though

shmmeee

Let’s be honest, ref killed the game as a contest but we’d probably still have gifted them another.

that midfield shape can fuck off now please. I don’t care if we’ve signed loads of DMs we can’t play them all at once.

Sky Blue Harry H

Not sure how many of you have seen Luton recently, but they are a decent side. We gave them a helping hand that they did not need. Reinforced the fact that we need a very tall keeper, who can command his area. Some of the other defensive issues don't happen if the keeper position is resolved. Need a gritty performance versus Wycombe. Still think it is too soon to start Godden, though.

Grendel

Never saw that coming

I feel sorry we keep playing Max he’s about as good a footballer as Max Bygraves would be a rock star. He’s rubbish and you may as well put Warwick Davis in goal if we persist in Wilson

Neither are good enough

Frostie

On that performance we have a grand total of two Championship quality players in Østigård and O’Hare

Has that not been the case all season though? Plus Hamer in the early games when Østigård wasn't as good.
That's the reality of where we're at & why staying up would be a massive achievement.

junglej13

Simply appalling performance. Not one positive. The formation needs the full backs and attacking midfielders to contribute. McCallum and Dabo haven't made a single positive contribution for weeks (possibly months in McCallum's case).

Magwitch1

Harsh from you lot second half weve out a shift in and battled well. Once you remove your pissed off glasses you’ll be reasonable

Too many substandard performances over the 90 though. Godden won’t be fit till after international break.
I agree with that at this stage of the season goal difference can be an extra point. Game for us over after the pen and sending off, annoying again Max missed two sitters again and could have done better with another lesson to be be learnt play your best team. Godden has to be back and hopefully we will be at full strength for the run in. As ever an optimist win Saturday and it’s three points from two games better than two draws.

Brighton Sky Blue

Pete I admire your optimism and wish I had a bit more of it, but there can be no defence of that performance. The warning signs were there from the first few minutes that we hadn't turned up and a golden chance for extra breathing space has been wasted.

Can only hope we come back to hammer Wycombe but they're making it tough for all their opponents at the moment.

jordan210

James,Hamer and Kelly as a three does not work as all are quite defensive so just get pushed backed and then we are stupidly deep.

speedie87

Wilson has done the best he can. But stand ins can only take you so far. And his time is up.
This - he did much better than I expected to start off with but his confidence is now completely shot and needs to be benched. Only issue is Marosi was just as bad in his last match if manage to stay up a new keeper has to be the most vital signing for next season

Paul Anthony

Harsh from you lot second half weve out a shift in and battled well.

I think a lot of the reason we looked "better" second half tonight was simply down to Luton knowing they didn't have to put everything into it, with us being 2 down and a man down.

Not that we were really better second half.

Users who are viewing this thread