Match Thread Luton v Sunderland (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

did you watch our game sunday ?

Err, yes. But this thread is about tonights game. And I didn't enjoy it as much as their first leg. Diallo, 1 shot on target, Jack Clarke 1 shot on and 2 blocked. And that is the summary of the Sunderland offence. Luton had 5 shots on target and 2 blocked. So it was almost comparable game to ours. For me, delivery didn't live up to the hype.

Stats taken from Opta:

Covstar

The reason why Luton are so good at home is because they have a very narrow pitch and their style of play suits this ground whereas when they played at Stadium of light, they were poor - the pitch is wide and Sunderland had acres of space to play their football.

If we win tomorrow, I fancy us against Luton on the Wembley pitch.

Macca

I definitely think we can do it, but there would be a kind of justice if it were to be the teams finishing 3rd and 4th in the final.

We just need to give it out best shot. It's been a great season whatever.

Stuff justice

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Just seen post on twitter that puts it into perspective..

Basically if somebody said to you in July you've got to go to Middlesbrough to earn a playoff final place vs Luton to make the Premier league you'd have snapped their hands off

It's mad. This whole thing just got another level of weird. It still 99% doesn't feel real though.

Let's see what happens tomorrow. I'm really trying my best to ground my expectations. I do feel so much better that Sunderland are out now though.

Happy_Martian

Kenilworth Road is a hard place to go for anyone and they’ve perfected how to use the home advantage to its full. At the SoL though they looked very ordinary.

Wembley pitch is the same size as SoL. Ours at the CBS is longer than Kenilworth Road but is actually narrower. Ours 120m x 68m, Luton 110m x 72m

Macca

It's mad. This whole thing just got another level of weird. It still 99% doesn't feel real though.

Let's see what happens tomorrow. I'm really trying my best to ground my expectations. I do feel so much better that Sunderland are out now though.

It will temper my disappointment if we lose tomorrow that at least those bell ends won’t be winning it. See on their forum they have gone from how they were going to piss it to “never expected to go up” Sky must be crying gallons of tears tonight

Happy_Martian

The reason why Luton are so good at home is because they have a very narrow pitch and their style of play suits this ground whereas when they played at Stadium of light, they were poor - the pitch is wide and Sunderland had acres of space to play their football.

If we win tomorrow, I fancy us against Luton on the Wembley pitch.

Our pitch is narrower than Lutons.

olderskyblue

Well, Tony left it late this season for his team to have a meltdown, Usually starts in January…. ;)

Terry_dactyl

In a strange sort of way now the Scumberland are out and festa practically relegated I don’t mind if we get beat tm - we might miss all the fun if we went up ….
Yup. It’ll be some consolation at least. I’ve enjoyed being able to see us with relative ease at Cardiff, Bristol and Swansea also.
Southampton would be good away trip too, with my Pompey based family.
If we were to go up (we won’t) I believe the nearest ground to me in Cardiff would be the Villa…or us?

Users who are viewing this thread