Match Thread Luton Town vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Sunday 24th Feb (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

Really good half that, apart from the opening 16 minutes. Cuffed with our response after Luton's goal. Would be winning 2-1 but the ref is a homer.

Nick

Administrator
We finished the stronger team, keep that up second half and will be a draw at least.

Its just if we can keep up the pace.

SkyBlueCRJ

I think Bright is very talented. He’s still learning and once his awareness improves he’ll be s very good player. Unfortunately not for us

He’s definitely a good player. He just seems to be one of those players who just hasn’t fully grasped the basics yet. Like failing to look up, spending too much time on the ball and knowing when to release the ball. In time he’ll be a fantastic player though if he continues to get his head down.

fernandopartridge

Well done City, thought we might have folded but came back well. I wish Robins would bury the hatchet with Junior Brown as Mason is really poor on the ball. Bright frustrating as well.

Paul Anthony

Half time. Slow start, made a complete mess of it for their goal, even if it shouldn't have been a corner nobody dealt with it, absolutely mugged of a penalty, and grown into it well.

PVA

Dreadful until the Luton goal and excellent since then.

Do worry about our lack of cutting edge and the bench looks a little bare.

Would happily take a point.

larry_david

I get the feeling the longer this goes on bright will run rings round them. Luton came out like a house on fire but deid after 20 mins

Nick

Administrator
Wish the half went on for longer, hope they don't come out and go all out straight from the off :(

cc84cov

Shakey start done well to come back into it thought we could of folded there.Bright gets his act together we could get another I feel.

CCFCSteve

Awful first 20 (sloppy and lethargic), great for the rest of the half though. Shit ref. Definite pen. Proud of that lads as heads couldve dropped after Luton’s opener as they were all over us.

stupot07

Finished strongly after getting a grip of their shape.

Mason, is looking a liability though, ans bright is taking far too long on the ball. Kelly has probably been the standout so far.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Are we the only side in the world who can't take a free kick, they are so reluctant to put it in the box or have a go

Commentator felt confident we had something planned. He clearly hasn’t watched us much.

Is Chaplin the only one prepared to shoot from a free kick? Youd think with Thomas, Bayliss or Shipley in the pitch one would want a go?

larry_david

Well done City, thought we might have folded but came back well. I wish Robins would bury the hatchet with Junior Brown as Mason is really poor on the ball. Bright frustrating as well.
Agreed. Mason was signed as a work in progress, to play and learn from brown. Mason shows a heck of a lot of potential but his decision making is woeful

skybluepm2

Certainly didn’t see us getting back into that after a pathetic start. Goal has spurred us on and we could really have done without HT as we’d gained momentum and confidence.

Kelly and Thomas playing very well. Hiwula hasn’t seen much of the ball but has done well with the scraps. Burge, less said about the better. Dog shit will do. Mason is a disaster waiting to happen. Left back remains a huge concern, no real other issues.

I still think that this will end up being a defeat as they’re a class above but they also look as though they have an error in them at the back. Hopefully Willis and Hyam can keep them quiet and we can pinch one. I’d love to see what Meyler and Kelly can do together in the middle, particularly as Bayliss has been carded.

Nick

Administrator
Commentator felt confident we had something planned. He clearly hasn’t watched us much.

Is Chaplin the only one prepared to shoot from a free kick? Youd think with Thomas, Bayliss or Shipley in the pitch one would want a go?
Exactly, just test the keeper. The tame crosses do nothing

Grendel

It’s a joke really - Brown is easily the best left back we have

Users who are viewing this thread