Luton Ground (1 Viewer)

alexccfc99

I’m no expert, but genuinely I would be amazed if this is ready any time soon - Not only have they got the building work to do but also the pitch as well

Can see them having to request another postponement and aim to have it ready after the International Break

Attachments

• 1F6A6AE3-2A10-42FD-9E01-9E6C86AAECA1.jpeg
    1F6A6AE3-2A10-42FD-9E01-9E6C86AAECA1.jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 141

slowpoke

You’ll be surprised they will be ready and working round clock to get it ready. Think their first home game is September 1st.

Terry Gibson's perm

They will be quite happy if the pitch is like one of the ones on Foleshill Park they will see it as a leveller.

Grendel

I’m surprised no one has picked up on the fact Luton now have had to admit they cannot have undersoil heating which breaches PL rules

fernandopartridge

I’m surprised no one has picked up on the fact Luton now have had to admit they cannot have undersoil heating which breaches PL rules
In other leagues being unable to meet the criteria would see your promotion blocked, up we go

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Am I right in thinking if we had gone up we had to do work on the floodlights?
May well have been done / is planned to be done as part of the remedial works by Frasers as they weren't actually up to the standard required to broadcast championship games. Like everything left to rot by the insects

Skyblueweeman

Aren't Luton getting a new ground? I wonder if they said to the EFL the cost and time would be a waste as they're moving grounds but in the meantime they'll mitigate the issue with other measures?

lacesoutdom

is there something about ground shares in the prem? id have thought they would have elected to maybe rent a nearby stadium and do the work in the background? at least then its not rushed?

MalcSB

Would fitting under pitch heating take that much longer than laying a new pitch which has happened at the CBS? So it could and should have been done. Additional costs for sure, but that’s more than adequately compensated by the Prem income.

Joy Division

They have been given special dispensation as they are moving grounds soon, and even so, the work demanded from the premier league to add media facilities would have made it impossible to install undersoil heating this season anyway.

MalcSB

They have been given special dispensation as they are moving grounds soon, and even so, the work demanded from the premier league to add media facilities would have made it impossible to install undersoil heating this season anyway.
Moving grounds soon! Next week, next season? Fitting undersoil heating would not have been impossible, however money saved to bring with them to the Championship next season.

Thinking about it, the concept of a level playing field rather than a heated one has a certain appeal to be included in regulations.

Joy Division

Moving grounds soon! Next week, next season? Fitting undersoil heating would not have been impossible, however money saved to bring with them to the Championship next season.

Thinking about it, the concept of a level playing field rather than a heated one has a certain appeal to be included in regulations.
Well yes, practically impossible to install undersoil heating if half the pitch is being used for construction equipment.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Crystal Palace were given 3 years to sort out undersoil heating, Luton work is more for the media tv coverage

Yeah great, thanks Grendel 2 😂 did you look that up 🤔

My question was about the CBS and whether it still had undersoil heating.🤔

Users who are viewing this thread