Luton Away (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

First real test of the points system.
only been given a 1000 tickets. Its a midweek game but only an hour away.
dont think this will even get to the 500 point mark

Evo1883

First real test of the points system.
only been given a 1000 tickets. Its a midweek game but only an hour away.
dont think this will even get to the 500 point mark

We purchased a ticket for my daughter for Norwich which pushed her to 1200 , so she's buzzing and we can buy together at 10

JAM See

Tickets now on general sale.

Have we sold out yet?

rob9872

Think it shows the apathy currently around the club that this has reached general sale
Supporters clubs would've taken more but everyone complained it wasn't fair. Sold out almost everywhere last season, 0/5 do far this season (including Norwich and Luton). Amazing how all those who couldnt get a ticket now have a different excuse.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Supporters clubs would've taken more but everyone complained it wasn't fair. Sold out almost everywhere last season, 0/5 do far this season (including Norwich and Luton). Amazing how all those who couldnt get a ticket now have a different excuse.

Err....so the fans in the supporters club clique could still buy tickets too......whats they're excuse?

rob9872

Err....so the fans in the supporters club clique could still buy tickets too......whats they're excuse?
Travel. Smaller or less coaches booked and unable to travel with their normal group. They can't wait for general sake then book coaches last minute.

CV22SBA

Supporters clubs would've taken more but everyone complained it wasn't fair. Sold out almost everywhere last season, 0/5 do far this season (including Norwich and Luton). Amazing how all those who couldn't get a ticket now have a different excuse.
What a load of Nonsense.

Sunderland 1,996 last time we played there 1,424 (increase 572)
Millwall 2,042 last season 1,889 (increase 153)
Hull - 1,879 last season 1,926 (decrease 47)
Luton - Sold out
Norwich - Approx 200 left so will sell out.

Our average is already up on last season with next 3 games Luton, Norwich & Blues will all sell out.

tskezz

Travel. Smaller or less coaches booked and unable to travel with their normal group. They can't wait for general sake then book coaches last minute.
Interesting;

You're saying that now members are not going because they can't wait for general sale. General sale of course being for supporters without season tickets. Meaning these members you talk of who now won't go must not have season tickets. Meaning the reason they could go last season is that they didn't have to wait for general sale because as supporters club members they got tickets.

So in short you are saying members who were not in last seasons top priority group got tickets ahead of the rest of us because they were allocated by the supporters clubs.

Which is interesting because when all this kicked off you repeatedly said that this categorically didn't happen and only members with phase 1 season tickets got tickets from the supporters club. (Boddy and the club also stated this)

Ain't it a bastard when you forget the lies you told?

And it turns out we're actually up without your entitled lot;
What a load of Nonsense.

Sunderland 1,996 last time we played there 1,424 (increase 572)
Millwall 2,042 last season 1,889 (increase 153)
Hull - 1,879 last season 1,926 (decrease 47)
Luton - Sold out
Norwich - Approx 200 left so will sell out.

Our average is already up on last season with next 3 games Luton, Norwich & Blues will all sell out.

What a time not to be from Leamington

Last edited:

rob9872

Interesting;

You're saying that now members are not going because they can't wait for general sale. General sale of course being for supporters without season tickets. Meaning these members you talk of who now won't go must not have season tickets. Meaning the reason they could go last season is that they didn't have to wait for general sale because as supporters club members they got tickets.

So in short you are saying members who were not in last seasons top priority group got tickets ahead of the rest of us because they were allocated by the supporters clubs.

Which is interesting because when all this kicked off you repeatedly said that this categorically didn't happen and only members with phase 1 season tickets got tickets from the supporters club. (Boddy and the club also stated this)

Totally wrong as usual. What I said if you read was not that the supporters couldn't get the tickets, but the supporters club couldn't wait until they'd all secured tickets (whatever band they are in) to book coaches. The main point being that every game has gone to general sale despite people saying they couldnt get a ticket last year.

Fwiw I'm priority band 1 and not on any bus but driving to Norwich on Saturday. Sorry that doesn't fit your agenda, you are obsessed any time supporters clubs are mentioned. Did you not get an invite?

tskezz

Totally wrong as usual. What I said if you read was not that the supporters couldn't get the tickets, but the supporters club couldn't wait until they'd all secured tickets (whatever band they are in) to book coaches. The main point being that every game has gone to general sale despite people saying they couldnt get a ticket last year.

Fwiw I'm priority band 1 and not on any bus but driving to Norwich on Saturday. Sorry that doesn't fit your agenda, you are obsessed any time supporters clubs are mentioned. Did you not get an invite?
Its the same outcome though? Supporters clubs cant book coaches because they cant guarantee tickets for members who would normally buy tickets on general sale (meaning they're not ST holders) where as last season they could. Which last season you said didnt happen.

I'm abscessed and my agenda 😂. You've just come on to a thread about Luton away and out of nowhere and brought up supporters clubs when absolutely no one else had mentioned them. And then went on to moan that Supporters clubs not getting the hand outs you did last year was the reason we hadn't sold out one of our 5 games.
But in actual fact out of those 5 games = 1 is sold out, 1 is about to sell out and out of the last 3 we are up in sales on 2 of them on the last time we played. (Also Brum which has just gone on sale will sell out). But yeah we need you guys.

Also why are you talking about buses and driving and saying that doesn't fit my agenda? hahaha where have i ever said anything about how you get to a game you head da ball

Did you not get an invite?
And no i didn't, none of us from Cov who go to most games got an invite. That's why everyone was so pissed off. But clearly that hasn't sunk in

Last edited:

rob9872

Its the same outcome though? Supporters clubs cant book coaches because they cant guarantee tickets for members who would normally buy tickets on general sale (meaning they're not ST holders) where as last season they could. Which last season you said didnt happen.

I'm abscessed and my agenda 😂. You've just come on to a thread about Luton away and out of nowhere and brought up supporters clubs when absolutely no one else had mentioned them. And then went on to moan that Supporters clubs not getting the hand outs you did last year was the reason we hadn't sold out one of our 5 games.
But in actual fact out of those 5 games = 1 is sold out, 1 is about to sell out and out of the last 3 we are up in sales on 2 of them than the last time we played.

Also why are you talking about buses and driving and saying that doesn't fit my agenda? hahaha where have i ever said anything about how you get to a game you head da ball
You're not understanding. Supporters are in many bands. Some of those bands for supporters who have had 3 from 4 years incl this season are unable to get a ticket until 1 day prior to GS. At that point coaches are booked. If they want a ticket and a drink they need coach or train so may not get a ticket if they can't get a coach. What I'm saying isn't groundbreaking news but you don't want to see it. The reason I brought them up was because some were regularly saying they were ST holders but couldn't get a ticket due to SC's yet this season all games have gone to GS. I called it out as bar Exeter away when we had approx 300, I've never struggled for away tickets. You have a thing about L&W and being Tory. You should come and visit you might like it, but once again its the only mention, since as I pointed out Southam and N&B regularly took more and they are likely the ones now missing out. I'm also not a member again for now 3 years, but not too blinkered to recognise they have a place in our support.

tskezz

In your first message you said general sale...
... They can't wait for general sake then book coaches last minute.
Now your saying 1 day prior to general
You're not understanding. Supporters are in many bands. Some of those bands for supporters who have had 3 from 4 years incl this season are unable to get a ticket until 1 day prior to GS....
So your changing your argument because it shows that non ST holders got tickets despite what you said.

But more importantly, you say
You're not understanding. Supporters are in many bands. Some of those bands for supporters who have had 3 from 4 years incl this season are unable to get a ticket until 1 day prior to GS....
Now that doesn't quite add up.
19/20 ST Holder = 270 points
20/21 ST Holder = 300 points
21/22 ST Holder = 230 points
22/23 ST Holder = 230 points

So these supporters with "had 3 from 4 years incl this season" would have 1030 points with 4 seasons and with 3 seasons they would be on at least 730+. And remember hat's not even taking away or cup tickets points in to account so they should all be on way higher totals because as you say they have been propping up our away crowds all these years so they should have loads of away points.

So lets go off our three games that haven't sold out (because the SC members cant sort transport so late apparently);

Sunderland
1030 points could buy in 3rd window 4 days before general sale
730 points could buy in 4th window 3 days before general sale

Millwall
1030 points could buy in 1st window 5 days before general sale
730 points could buy in 2nd window 4 days before general sale

Hull
1030 points could buy in 2nd window 2 days before general sale
730 points could buy in 2nd window 2 days before general sale

And again this is assuming they have never bought an away or cup ticket, they should actually be much higher.

So twice now you've made claims of why the supporters club cant go so that's why were not selling out. But both times figures have been given to disprove this but I'm sure you'll reply again with 'You're not understanding.' and 'Totally wrong as usual.' but not giving anything in the way of proof to your claims.

torchomatic

Weird what perceptions people have of Warwick and Leamington. We're all posh Tories apparently, when the truth is we're a strong Labour area and the only place in the midlands to vote to Remain (along with Cheltenham). Ironic really as towns such as Nuneaton, Rugby, Bedworth all have Tory MPs.

I never get the coaches, drove to Hull and will be driving to Norwich and Luton. Don't get this unhealthy obsession with SCs.

rob9872

In your first message you said general sale...

Now your saying 1 day prior to general

So your changing your argument because it shows that non ST holders got tickets despite what you said.

But more importantly, you say

Now that doesn't quite add up.
19/20 ST Holder = 270 points
20/21 ST Holder = 300 points
21/22 ST Holder = 230 points
22/23 ST Holder = 230 points

So these supporters with "had 3 from 4 years incl this season" would have 1030 points with 4 seasons and with 3 seasons they would be on at least 730+. And remember hat's not even taking away or cup tickets points in to account so they should all be on way higher totals because as you say they have been propping up our away crowds all these years so they should have loads of away points.

So lets go off our three games that haven't sold out (because the SC members cant sort transport so late apparently);

Sunderland
1030 points could buy in 3rd window 4 days before general sale
730 points could buy in 4th window 3 days before general sale

Millwall
1030 points could buy in 1st window 5 days before general sale
730 points could buy in 2nd window 4 days before general sale

Hull
1030 points could buy in 2nd window 2 days before general sale
730 points could buy in 2nd window 2 days before general sale

And again this is assuming they have never bought an away or cup ticket, they should actually be much higher.

So twice now you've made claims of why the supporters club cant go so that's why were not selling out. But both times figures have been given to disprove this but I'm sure you'll reply again with 'You're not understanding.' and 'Totally wrong as usual.' but not giving anything in the way of proof to your claims.
Wow, you have time to work out exact dates and points. Mine was a general observation. However many days into the window, do you think coach companies are holding back spares in case Fred wants an extra? They'll be booked for weeks in advance and likely only 1 where previously N&B tok 2 or 3 to lots last season. I've also not claimed it hasn't sold out because of SC simply that they would've taken more and people used them as the excuse for not being able to go, but this year all have gone to GS and not sold, so shows it was simply an excuse. Haveca lie down and enjoy the game this evening.

fernandopartridge

Interesting;

Stick that in your wellies and smoke it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

tskezz

Wow, you have time to work out exact dates and points. Mine was a general observation. However many days into the window, do you think coach companies are holding back spares in case Fred wants an extra? They'll be booked for weeks in advance and likely only 1 where previously N&B tok 2 or 3 to lots last season. I've also not claimed it hasn't sold out because of SC simply that they would've taken more and people used them as the excuse for not being able to go, but this year all have gone to GS and not sold, so shows it was simply an excuse. Haveca lie down and enjoy the game this evening.
You were the first to mention supporters clubs and then drew a comparison to our figures being low so far. - Figures were posted that showed this to be wrong and we are actually up on sales.

You then said members couldn't wait till general sale to commit for coaches, something they didn't have to do last year- This was pointed out that would mean those members got tickets last year when you said previously didn't because GS was for non season ticket supporters.

You then said actually the members did have STs and didn't have to wait till general but still had the criteria to have to wait till the day before general. - Dates were provided to show this was false.

Now your moving the goalposts again to say its coaches need to be booked weeks in advance and thats actually why - Which im not sure how sale windows matter here. surly it means you know ahead of time how many members roughly do and don't fill the requirements to buy in advance? somthing you got around last year with hand outs ahead of the rest of us.

You keep moving the argument slightly resorting to insults and banging on about driving to matches which no one asked about.

Realistically now a points system is in place tickets are being sold in a fairer way, sales wise we are up or equal to on all matches bar Hull. Its just your club is taking less people because less of you qualify in our system and cant rely on favors from the club.

Great result really

rob9872

You were the first to mention supporters clubs and then drew a comparison to our figures being low so far. - Figures were posted that showed this to be wrong and we are actually up on sales.

You then said members couldn't wait till general sale to commit for coaches, something they didn't have to do last year- This was pointed out that would mean those members got tickets last year when you said previously didn't because GS was for non season ticket supporters.

You then said actually the members did have STs and didn't have to wait till general but still had the criteria to have to wait till the day before general. - Dates were provided to show this was false.

Now your moving the goalposts again to say its coaches need to be booked weeks in advance and thats actually why - Which im not sure how sale windows matter here. surly it means you know ahead of time how many members roughly do and don't fill the requirements to buy in advance? somthing you got around last year with hand outs ahead of the rest of us.

You keep moving the argument slightly resorting to insults and banging on about driving to matches which no one asked about.

Realistically now a points system is in place tickets are being sold in a fairer way, sales wise we are up or equal to on all matches bar Hull. Its just your club is taking less people because less of you qualify in our system and cant rely on favors from the club.

Great result really
1) you're all over the place
2) I'm not in any club
3) show me any insults I've levelled, on fact in alm your rants at my posts you'll joke the insults have only ever gone from your way
4) I gave my tickets, I explained a point that SCs don't take so nany as they can't commit, that's it.

I'm done here, I can't keep repeating it, I've told you to enjoy the game this evening. I will and I will on Saturday. My last reply on this, so do your worst if you must.

tskezz

1) you're all over the place
2) I'm not in any club
3) show me any insults I've levelled, on fact in alm your rants at my posts you'll joke the insults have only ever gone from your way
4) I gave my tickets, I explained a point that SCs don't take so nany as they can't commit, that's it.

I'm done here, I can't keep repeating it, I've told you to enjoy the game this evening. I will and I will on Saturday. My last reply on this, so do your worst if you must.
Bye

Users who are viewing this thread