Luke Thomas (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

just a thought for Mark Robins..... Thomas has a left foot, just one foot that he can play football with so fucking well play him on the left hand side of midfield where he can can down the wing and cross a bloody ball in without stopping/cutting back in/shooting with his weaker foot!

It’s simply not working out on the right!

RFC

just a thought for Mark Robins..... Thomas has a left foot, just one foot that he can play football with so fucking well play him on the left hand side of midfield where he can can down the wing and cross a bloody ball in without stopping/cutting back in/shooting with his weaker foot!

It’s simply not working out on the right!

I’m sure you know better than Mark. Same said about Jodi Jones but I think it was the manager who got it right!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Bring back Jack Grimmer I say.....

CCFC54321

I’m sure you know better than Mark. Same said about Jodi Jones but I think it was the manager who got it right!
You really think it’s ‘working’?

I don’t and any one I’ve spoken to regarding Thomas this season is saying the same. We would get more out of the lad on the left which is his natural position.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The lad is tired from what I can see. He increasingly runs into two/three defenders after one of his runs when previously he might have jinxed past them . Whichever side he plays on I don't think it makes much difference. He needs resting but I think Robins sees him as someone who is simply too good to leave out as there is no sufficient alternative replacement.

Magwitch

I’ve gone off Thomas a bit, he is a talent but has no final product yet, missed a sitter again today had it gone in I think we’d have cake walked the match. His catalog of misses throughout this season has cost us a number of valuable points, we would easily been in the top six.

Bumberclart

A few today looked tired.
There seemed to be a general malaise throughout the team.

Terry Gibson's perm

I couldn’t see why at home we need so many defenders on the bench and if we had Wakefield on there he would have been a better switch for Thomas than the ponderous Shipley who looks slow and tired even when off the bench

Cigarfingers

I couldn’t see why at home we need so many defenders on the bench and if we had Wakefield on there he would have been a better switch for Thomas than the ponderous Shipley who looks slow and tired even when off the bench

Whilst I agree with the point of defenders I thought Shipley did ok when he came on and could have easily had a goal

SBAndy

Wakefield got a knock in training in the week. Was up in the legends lounge before the game yesterday. Should be available again next week though.

Nick

Administrator
Luke Thomas just needs to practise kicking the ball on his right foot. He has to come back onto his left and take the player on again so it slows everything down.

BigadamL

i think Thomas has exceeded expectations this year, fair play to the lad, came into mens football and played really well, he has played alot of competitive football that he will not be used to. i think if we had another fit winger he might of been given a rest but we havent, people seem to forget his age and that for a lad of his size he doesnt mind getting stuck in a bit against some big lumps.

think he has done well and people on here are moaning about an end product?!?!?! if he had a complete end product he wouldnt be playing in a coventry shirt he would be running round in white and black

BigadamL

he will be playing for them next season no doubt, they have another lad called Max Bird who looks good, wouldnt mind seeing him here next season

Gint11

Thomas is one of our stand out players this year. He has literally no end product. Reminds me of Ryan Kent. He is young though. If he can develop his end product in the form of good crosses, goals and assists then he could go to the top. In saying that if had the end product now he wouldn’t be in our team.

Reactions: vow

Skyblueol

Its so frustrating because he is so dangerous until he gets to the goal. He should have had 3 on Saturday

Esoterica

His finishing is up there with Burge's kicking in that I can't believe a professional footballer, who spends that many hours a day on the training field, can strike a ball so poorly with such regularity. Such a great little player up to that point too.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, he struggles to just put his foot through it and make decent contact.

He should just start toe poking it instead, might get more power and accuracy.

Warwickhunt

Yeah, he struggles to just put his foot through it and make decent contact.

He should just start toe poking it instead, might get more power and accuracy.
If he could develope the composure needed in front of goal he would be awsome

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Really frustrating lack of assists and goals this season (although lots of misses come from situations he creates virtually by himself anyway), if he's at Derby next season I would think he'll mainly be on the bench/a squad player unless he shows some big improvement in pre-season. I'd definitely have him back next year if possible and i'd be hoping that he could start finding the back of the net. If he can't then he's going to be destined for the lower leagues i'd think but he has lots of time yet. One major positive is the impact I think he can have on the opposition defence, he clearly can stretch a game and creates enough threat to drag players out of position.

Sbarcher

Really frustrating lack of assists and goals this season (although lots of misses come from situations he creates virtually by himself anyway), if he's at Derby next season I would think he'll mainly be on the bench/a squad player unless he shows some big improvement in pre-season. I'd definitely have him back next year if possible and i'd be hoping that he could start finding the back of the net. If he can't then he's going to be destined for the lower leagues i'd think but he has lots of time yet. One major positive is the impact I think he can have on the opposition defence, he clearly can stretch a game and creates enough threat to drag players out of position.
Here's an idea, play him on the left to suit his single sided boot!

Hobo

We have a player with one foot but fans who can type with two fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread