Transfer Rumour Luke McNally (3 Viewers)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Panzo has been pretty good, some mistakes for sure. I agree with some poster that Rose is the weakest of the three since Fadz got injured.

Corrado

Proper confused…. Swear I just saw a “first words from McNally” tweet and that he’s signed on a 4 year deal?! But it’s disappeared.

alexccfc99

Other than Bidwell and Mcfadzean, I don't think any of our defenders are good enough. Some of the younger lads might get there, but we aren't half soft at the back at the best of times.

I would lose very little sleep if Rose, Dabo, Doyle, and Panzo left at the end of the season.
Doyle will go on to much bigger and better things than us

CCFC54321

Doyle will go on to much bigger and better things than us
I’m not so sure. He’s had two seasons out on loan and hardly ripped up any trees. Last season he burned out after Christmas at Sunderland and hardly played again and appeared on Saturday that fatigue had overcome him again.

If you can’t be a regular at a league one and championship side your certainly not going to get retained at Manchester City.

That said, there’s a decent player there and I get the he’s young and learning but Manchester City will expect him to learning and performing to a very high standard for him to have a career there. Same as the other lad from Manchester City we have on loan. He will be expected to be playing week in, week out and performing well.

NorthernWisdom

He’s a kid of course he’s erratic - He’s mostly served us well

makes me laugh most would rather we signed some washed up old has been like Aden Flint on a 6 month deal “Cuz he’s got experience”
It doesn't really matter how good he goes on to be if it's not with us, nor if we help him learn the game. Simple fact is Doyle and Panzo is too much in one sitting for our defence. So yeah, if we had some solid but workmanlike centre backs next to him we might get away with his falls off a cliff when he makes a mistake but we don't, we've got Panzo who's suffering his own growing pains.

Brighton Sky Blue

makes me laugh most would rather we signed some washed up old has been like Aden Flint on a 6 month deal “Cuz he’s got experience”
McFadzean's experience proved vital to our good defensive record. That it has fallen to pieces since his injury isn't a coincidence.

CCFC54321

You don’t think Robins signed Doyle to develop him AND make erratic decisions?

This is professional football not the memorial park. If your making poor decisions, appear knackered all the time then I’ll have my usual 50p he won’t get a career at Manchester City.

Brighton Sky Blue

And he’s coming back - We don’t need to sign an experienced centre half for doing so’s sake
Except for goalkeeper it's the main position where experience and reading the game can really compensate for slower legs. If McF gets injured again we're back to a defence that can't handle simple balls into the box and panics under pressure.

We can't hope to win any games if we're giving away soft goals every week. That's really what our excellent form was based on. I'm not saying stack the team with veterans but there are certain positions where a wise head is worth a lot to the players around him

fernandopartridge

losing games while he was injured, winning games when he was fit, losing games now he's injured again. There is no argument that we are a totally different (and rather boring) team without him.
Shmmeee is a bright lad but utterly clueless about football

PVA

You don’t think Robins signed Doyle to develop him AND make erratic decisions?

This is professional football not the memorial park. If your making poor decisions, appear knackered all the time then I’ll have my usual 50p he won’t get a career at Manchester City.

To be fair saying we won't have a career at Manchester City is not really a stick to beat him with. They're one of the best teams in the world and spend an absolute fortune on centre backs.

I think he could be a good PL player in the future, but probably not at Man City's level

Last edited:

CCFC54321

To be fair saying we won't have a career at Manchester City is not really a stick to beat him with. They're one of the best teams in the league and spend an absolute fortune on centre backs.

I think he could be a good PL player in the future, but probably not at Man City's level
It’s not a stick to beat him with at all. It’s a fact? You’ve just agreed with me though?

Esoterica

57% aerial duel success for Rose and Panzo seems low. I think that’s half of what we miss Fadz for, we can’t clear the ball from crosses into the box and set pieces without him

CCFC54321

57% aerial duel success for Rose and Panzo seems low. I think that’s half of what we miss Fadz for, we can’t clear the ball from crosses into the box and set pieces without him
And Panzo’s a big fucker as well. Needs to toughen up. Reminds me of Clarke Salter who I felt at times just didn’t fancy it.

shmmeee

losing games while he was injured, winning games when he was fit, losing games now he's injured again. There is no argument that we are a totally different (and rather boring) team without him.

That’s not quite true though. Our winning streak started before he came back and since he’s been gone we’ve lost two games against Burnley and Norwich.

Sky Blue Harry H

McFadzean's experience proved vital to our good defensive record. That it has fallen to pieces since his injury isn't a coincidence.
After we'd lost 4-0 at Rotherham back in L1, half (or more) of this forum were crucifying Fadz on here, and for quite a while, saying he was past it. 3 seasons later and we can't do without him. Football fans!

rob9872

Doyle has been fine. The odd error but he's just 19. He'll be excellent and a career in the premiership for certain.

rob9872

Rose has bags of pace and is doing well on his preferred role, just lacks a big unit like Fadz next to him. Most CD partnerships have a lump and a player.

JimmyHillsbeard

McFadzean has been the fulcrum this season but he can be fairly erratic himself. That we’ve been so reliant on a 35 year old journeyman is a symptom of our defensive vulnerability.

That period when we weren’t conceding goals was pretty mystifying, we made daft defensive errors in virtually every game.

ptr

Thought Rose had been playing ok before the Wrexham game.
As for Doyle, he is a very good footballer. Great on the ball and a very good size, which he will learn how to use over time. However, his acceleration is fairly poor. Gets turned way too easily and then can’t recover. Couldn’t handle Pukki on sat. That being said, I’d have him back on loan next year if possible. Don’t think a top-end championship side would take him so it may be on the cards.

rexo87

That’s not quite true though. Our winning streak started before he came back and since he’s been gone we’ve lost two games against Burnley and Norwich.
We started winning without him but were winning in a very ugly way and were the worst side in those wins. We only played well when he was in the team

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I’m a little confused as to how we are absolutely tearing apart all our centre backs yet we have the joint most clean sheets in the league. Yes, it doesn’t mean all the back 5 have been outstanding every game, but they’ve limited opposition players to very few (especially quality) shots on target all season. They also have to contend with defending every ball from every set piece to alleviate responsibility from Wilson as he’s incapable of leaving his line. Fadz’ leadership is a massive part of that, but we have some serious recency bias going on here as Doyle & Rose especially have been more than fine for the majority of the season. Against Burnley, top of the league, we defended really well for almost the entire game with Doyle and Rose. The Wrexham game was an absolute embarrassment and they all deserve to be slaughtered for that, and yes Norwich wasn’t great but they are a very, very good side who also put 4 past Preston at Deepdale (also joint most clean sheets).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread