Luis Binks (4 Viewers)

MTK

Not criticizing any of the players after yesterday. It was good to see Binks yesterday and he impressed. If we want to progress we should aspire to have two good players for every position. The players will surely accept that too - this is a club aspiring to get to the PL so I will face competition for my place. I’ll have to fight and I might be in the bench sometimes but I want to be at an ambitious club. Or I could go somewhere where I will be pretty much an automatic pick and play every week but that’s where we will stay.

Martin180

Not criticizing any of the players after yesterday. It was good to see Binks yesterday and he impressed. If we want to progress we should aspire to have two good players for every position. The players will surely accept that too - this is a club aspiring to get to the PL so I will face competition for my place. I’ll have to fight and I might be in the bench sometimes but I want to be at an ambitious club. Or I could go somewhere where I will be pretty much an automatic pick and play every week but that’s where we will stay.
Spot on 👍

Happy_Martian

He was wonderful and that tackle he put in on Fernandes was an absolute peach

Even Lee Dixon on ITV said it was great. May not like him as a co-commentator but he knows how to defend.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

We overpaid for Kitching because it was up against the deadline and we didn’t have any other options. Shouldn’t do it again, that kind of fee would be a significant chunk of our summer budget I’d imagine.

Massive mistake going for Kitching. At the time we were recruiting for 5 at the back. McNally is far superior to Kitching.
Kitching is clumsy and flat footed, hence the multiple red cards and own goals. The Barnsley Trio needs axing.

We need a number 1, not another biscuit wrists number 2. Would take Binks over Kitching but doubt we can afford him or he’d want to join after such little action.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think we need first team CB and GK and reserve RW and ST that’s why.

What’s our defensive record the last few months? We haven’t kept a clean sheet in months so i imagine it’s being held up by the period before.

We’re not signing reserve calibre players anymore - we’re interested in ‘exciting’ players. It wouldn’t surprise me if we sign a player to start ahead of Sakamoto as it’s not a guarantee he’ll return the same (I believe he’ll be fine).

Agreed something needs to be done about the defence, absolutely. That issue has a tactical dimension as well as personnel. It’s not just the defenders who need to defend and particularly in the tougher games, there’s been times where are midfield was pretty nonexistent - such as Blues and WBA stick out in my mind.

The big upgrades will be in midfield where we need wingers, an AM to replace COH and depth with Kelly leaving. Midfield is the most attritional area of the pitch and we have shortages there.

Happy_Martian

That tackle on Fernandes :love:

and when Fernandes went down as though Binks had broken his ankle, only took him 40 secs to recover :ROFLMAO:

steve101

If he was available for the right price, he will have plenty of takers on yesterday's performance. For a young player to come on and play with that class will be enough. With options he is unlikely to sign for a club that has barely given him a run.
He is certainly someone who could be an established Premier League player in a year or two.

Martin180

We’re not signing reserve calibre players anymore - we’re interested in ‘exciting’ players. It wouldn’t surprise me if we sign a player to start ahead of Sakamoto as it’s not a guarantee he’ll return the same (I believe he’ll be fine).

Agreed something needs to be done about the defence, absolutely. That issue has a tactical dimension as well as personnel. It’s not just the defenders who need to defend and particularly in the tougher games, there’s been times where are midfield was pretty nonexistent - such as Blues and WBA stick out in my mind.

The big upgrades will be in midfield where we need wingers, an AM to replace COH and depth with Kelly leaving. Midfield is the most attritional area of the pitch and we have shortages there.
Said it on another thread that defence is sacrificed when we adapt this new style of play . Man City , Liverpool and Arsenal all concede goals because of their commitment to attacking

steve cooper

Firstly, for the right player no fee is ‘too much’ which is why we’ve spent up to £20m on Simms and Wright.

My thoughts are more budget allocation and priority of positional needs. In my view, we need CBs but it’s not our most pressing priority. If we spend £5+ million on a CB my preference is a more experienced player to start from Day 1. Kitching and Thomas are still young with plenty of potential between them.

With Kelly, Godden, COH leaving and a change to 4-2-3-1, our positional needs, in my view is:

1. CM
2. AM
3. RW
4. ST
5. CB
Personally I would add a left back to that (not convinced about JD), and possibly see how Tavares develops over the next few months, as he could possibly cover RW 2nd choice, and ST 2nd/3rd choice IF he continues to improve as he has done.

Houdi

Binks ticks a lot of boxes for me as well. Tall, strong got a sweet left foot looks comfortable on the ball. Considering we have conceded plenty of goals lately I feel he has been unlucky not to start any games for weeks. I imagine the fees paid for other defenders and the fact he is a loan signing has counted against him. He has surely earnt a right to start in the game on Wednesday.

SeaSeeEffCee

I'm a bit surprised he wants to come considering he's not really played much, but I think continuity is always a good thing when you're on the up.

Tea & Busquets

Would love to get him back on loan again tbh. Add an experienced guy too or a sharp developmental guy. Paddy McNair, Jake Cooper, Liam Cooper, or Jack Elliot from Philadelphia for experience? That Dylan Smith from Ross County looks quite the talent. We have Kain Ryan too.

Martin180

Was good yesterday but I think we should be aiming higher personally
Really? If that is his level then it will do for me . When he signed we were sold on his long passing ability and defensive ability .
If he’d take a hit on his reported wages then I would sign if not for continuity within the squad

Tea & Busquets

Jake Cooper would actually be a perfect left footer to bring some experience. Excellent championship CB. Not the best on the ball but rock solid in a back 4. Fadz type character we've been crying for since the switch. Free signing too

SleepyGinger

Which left footed centre back would you like us to sign? Realistically?
I’m not sure I’m not a scout? The importance of being left footed isn’t as significant in a back 4 anyway. Binks was really good yesterday but he’s out 4th choice centre back for a reason.

Users who are viewing this thread