Luis Binks (1 Viewer)

SkyblueTexan

Sign him up! I have been singing his praises for quite awhile now.

AJB1983

Yeah be really happy if we can get him next season. His passing has a wonderful quality to it, he’s a bit of a shithouse as well.
fancy him to start Wednesday night as well.

SBT

Seen a lot of talk about how he’s supposedly being priced way beyond his value - curious to know what that price must be. If the going rate for LCBs at this level is £4.5m for Kitching then Binks may be extremely valuable indeed.

Sky Blue Pete

Seen a lot of talk about how he’s supposedly being priced way beyond his value - curious to know what that price must be. If the going rate for LCBs at this level is £4.5m for Kitching then Binks may be extremely valuable indeed.
£15m? £10m
We can’t spend that much

Great_Expectations

I really like Binks, he does make the odd mistake but part of that can be attributed to inconsistent game time.

He’s mentioned a few times he wants to be here next year and on current form he should be ahead of Kitching.

Stumbling block will be the reported £30k a week wages.

eastwoodsdustman

I really like Binks, he does make the odd mistake but part of that can be attributed to inconsistent game time.

He’s mentioned a few times he wants to be here next year and on current form he should be ahead of Kitching.

Stumbling block will be the reported £30k a week wages.
If he wants regular football then he may have to come down on that a bit. Having said that, he hasn't forced his way into our first team yet this season as a regular so might want to look somewhere where he has more chance of playing.
If we are going to a back 3 then I'd rather have him in there than Lati who is limited to say the least in possession.

Mucca Mad Boys

Tbh my real point is that if one of them is overpriced, it may not be Binks
There’s a reason Kitching is the starter and not Binks. The value Binks has added as a sub is when we’re chasing games because he’s more accomplished on the ball. His range of passing for a CB is brilliant.

If Bologna want too high a fee and his wages too high, Binks is unlikely to join us permanently.

SBT

There’s a reason Kitching is the starter and not Binks. The value Binks has added as a sub is when we’re chasing games because he’s more accomplished on the ball. His range of passing for a CB is brilliant.

If Bologna want too high a fee and his wages too high, Binks is unlikely to join us permanently.
What counts as too high a fee?

If the going rate for a starting LCB in the Chanpionship is £4.5 million then why are we balking on an English kid who’s two years younger and already does some things better than our starter?

skybluecam

If the going rate for a starting LCB in the Chanpionship is £4.5 million then why are we balking on an English kid who’s two years younger and already does some things better than our starter?
There’s better uses of £4m+. <2 and I’d think about it.

skybluecam

SBTs point is fair though. From what I’ve seen he’s better and younger than Kitching who cost £4.5m
We overpaid for Kitching because it was up against the deadline and we didn’t have any other options. Shouldn’t do it again, that kind of fee would be a significant chunk of our summer budget I’d imagine.

CCFCSteve

SBTs point is fair though. From what I’ve seen he’s better and younger than Kitching who cost £4.5m

Better yesterday 100% but wouldn’t say that over previous performances. Another good young player who can improve though, so if it works within our budget yesterday suggested he’d be worth a go on a permanent

shmmeee

We overpaid for Kitching because it was up against the deadline and we didn’t have any other options. Shouldn’t do it again, that kind of fee would be a significant chunk of our summer budget I’d imagine.

I think personally I’d go for an experienced head on a free, just feel it’s calmness we lack.

shmmeee

Better yesterday 100% but wouldn’t say that over previous performances. Another good young player who can improve though, so if it works within our budget yesterday suggested he’d be worth a go on a permanent

Personally I’ve always rated him above Kitching. I think Robins is just going for the Ultimate Team chemistry with Collins Thomas and Kitching.

SBT

Whether you see it as an overpay or not (I personally do), the market has been set.

There are always bargains out there to be found, but I think the odds of signing a young, English, Championship-ready LCB for less than £2 million are extremely small.

Mucca Mad Boys

Firstly, for the right player no fee is ‘too much’ which is why we’ve spent up to £20m on Simms and Wright.

My thoughts are more budget allocation and priority of positional needs. In my view, we need CBs but it’s not our most pressing priority. If we spend £5+ million on a CB my preference is a more experienced player to start from Day 1. Kitching and Thomas are still young with plenty of potential between them.

With Kelly, Godden, COH leaving and a change to 4-2-3-1, our positional needs, in my view is:

1. CM
2. AM
3. RW
4. ST
5. CB

ccfcricoh

we're not signing any players for less than £4-5m ish now, unless they are youngsters to improve/backup.

Going rate for top championship player for any position you'd think!

shmmeee

Firstly, for the right player no fee is ‘too much’ which is why we’ve spent up to £20m on Simms and Wright.

My thoughts are more budget allocation and priority of positional needs. In my view, we need CBs but it’s not our most pressing priority. If we spend £5+ million on a CB my preference is a more experienced player to start from Day 1. Kitching and Thomas are still young with plenty of potential between them.

With Kelly, Godden, COH leaving and a change to 4-2-3-1, our positional needs, in my view is:

1. CM
2. AM
3. RW
4. ST
5. CB

Personally I’d put a CB and a GK ahead of the last three.

Mucca Mad Boys

Personally I’d put a CB and a GK ahead of the last three.

With Godden leaving we’ll have no sub striker if Simms and Wright start… We’ve been fortunate Wright and Simms have stayed injury free for most of the season. As for RW, we’ve struggled to make 4-2-3-1 work without Sakamoto. Absolutely need a RW and ST ahead of a GK and CB.

Put it this way, I’d be a lot more concerned if we don’t sign a winger or striker by August than a CB. We have the 6th best defensive record with Thomas and Kitching in defence.

shmmeee

With Godden leaving we’ll have no sub striker if Simms and Wright start… We’ve been fortunate Wright and Simms have stayed injury free for most of the season. As for RW, we’ve struggled to make 4-2-3-1 work without Sakamoto. Absolutely need a RW and ST ahead of a GK and CB.

Put it this way, I’d be a lot more concerned if we don’t sign a winger or striker by August than a CB. We have the 6th best defensive record with Thomas and Kitching in defence.

I think we need first team CB and GK and reserve RW and ST that’s why.

What’s our defensive record the last few months? We haven’t kept a clean sheet in months so i imagine it’s being held up by the period before.

Martin180

Binks had a blinding game yesterday and Kitching was poor , over the course of the whole season that hasn't been the case .
Kitching seems to have gone off the boil in the past month but has been in big part in an exciting season .
An hour of Binks playing to his potential shouldn't take anything away from Kitchings role this season

And all the self gratitude posts are a joke !

skybluecam

I’d also be interested to see him play left back. Great on the ball with more about him defensively than Dasilva. He did get forward a fair bit while playing on the left of a 3. Feel like he could be moulded into an evolved version of Bidwell.

Martin180

I’d also be interested to see him play left back. Great on the ball with more about him defensively than Dasilva. He did get forward a fair bit while playing on the left of a 3. Feel like he could be moulded into an evolved version of Bidwell.
Pace might be the issue with that , look at Lati and right back

Users who are viewing this thread