Luciano Becchio on trial (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Don't know how true, apparently playing for our U23's this morning on trial.

torchomatic

Christ someone I've actually heard of!

trevelfarandwide

Sign him up, he's a goalscorer.

75 in 190 for dirty Leeds isn't bad at all, but I hope he's fit and willing; he's flitted from club to club without any impact for a few years.

chiefdave

77 goals in 161 starts and 49 sub appearances. However has hardly played since signing for Norwich in Jan 2013 and has had injury problems.

Winny the Bish

He's getting on a bit but I'd definitely take him. An experienced head who knows how to lead a line and can rough up some defenders.
Hopefully his body can keep up after some injuries.

stupot07

A tad concerning hes literally played 15 games in the last 3 seasons

2015/16: 0 starts 2 subs (las appearance 30 Jan 2016)
2014/15: 3 starts 3 subs
2013/15: 0 starts 7 subs

And turns 33 in December. Massive gamble, and personally I would give him a miss.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hill83

And turns 33 in December. Massive gamble

More of a gamble to stick with the nonsense we currently have.

Pipehitterz

And turns 33 in December. Massive gamble

thats not taking in his year in argentina

but on bright side, has scored when hes played so......

stupot07

thats not taking in his year in argentina

but on bright side, has scored when hes played so......
Wiki suggests he played just 3 times in Argentina, it says his contract was terminated because of injuries.

Kingokings204

Not convinced on him. His record last 3 years has really gone down hill? He is even fit? Even Rotherham didn't keep him and they signed kelvin Wilson.

torchomatic

3 mins: Becchio receives the ball from George Thomas, turns smartly in the box and hits a shot that has Huddersfield Town keeper Luke Coddington leaping to his right to push out for a corner.

SIGN HIM UP!!!!

Esoterica

Jesus. How many more Rotherham rejects. That's TM, Bawtryneal and Luciano Becchio and then they stole Kelvin Wilson from under our nose. JUST SHOWS HOW LOW THIS ONCE GREAT CLUB HAVE FALLEN.

torchomatic

6 mins: Becchio is clearly hungry to impress. The big target man has just got on the end of a near post cross and sending a flicked header narrowly over the bar, earning a ripple of applause from the small crowd.

shmmeee

If he's fit would offer us something we don't have. Big if though. Can anyone remember one of these players that had been out for ages and successfully came back with us? They all seem to end up retiring or playing in Taiwan before the season is out.

Nick

Administrator
If he's fit would offer us something we don't have. Big if though. Can anyone remember one of these players that had been out for ages and successfully came back with us? They all seem to end up retiring or playing in Taiwan before the season is out.

McGoldrick wasnt' doing much, but that was just a loan.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
talking of strikers did anyone see Maddisons performance for Aberdeen yesterday and hear the after match comments about him. Never been his greatest fan but the lad had a good game and couldn't get enough of the ball. decent goal too even if keeper misjudged it

skyblueinBaku

McGoldrick wasnt' doing much, but that was just a loan.
If Becchio was to be as successful as McGoldrick it would really turn our season round.

torchomatic

He's doing well, just had a glancing header go just wide. Not sure what anyone else thought on Saturday but Sordell seemed to be more effective on the wing and he put in some great crosses, but no one was on the end of them. Becchio could be that man. Who knows.

fernandopartridge

talking of strikers did anyone see Maddisons performance for Aberdeen yesterday and hear the after match comments about him. Never been his greatest fan but the lad had a good game and couldn't get enough of the ball. decent goal too even if keeper misjudged it

Probably what he needed a move there. It just gives him the nudge that he's still got a lot to prove. I felt that in the second half last season he'd lost some of that hunger.

Nick

Administrator
He's doing well, just had a glancing header go just wide. Not sure what anyone else thought on Saturday but Sordell seemed to be more effective on the wing and he put in some great crosses, but no one was on the end of them. Becchio could be that man. Who knows.

Still not sure it would work with our formation :(

Users who are viewing this thread