Transfer Rumour Lucas Ness (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

SlowerThanPlatt

We are linked with Charlton defender Lucas Ness.

He’s 22, never made a league squad for Charlton and has been on loan this season in the sixth tier of English football.

A host of Premier League and Championship clubs wanting to sign him doesn’t sound likely..

ccfc1234

He won’t wanna join us. If he’s not ready to jump straight into the first team half the forum will be on his back like they were with Josh Reid
I am not getting onto his back but when you see Reid earning more than established first team players and looking like he is some way off performing at that level you can understand why some might query the merits of his signing. To mock or make catty comments about their right to do so (as long as it's respectfully done) i think is a bit off the mark, especially when the semi decent money Ried is on for zero first team impact could have been directed towards a goalscoring midfielder to play alongside Ohare. The same could even more clearly be said about the Bidwell signing, for the large wages he is on could an ACM have made more impact and altered the course of this season more than Bidwell and the LWB strengthening been left until the summer? With our business model we need to buy potential we can develop and cash in on but a 22yo lad Charlton have deemed surplus to requirements this season does not appear to be that sort of signing.

Last edited:

Frostie

I am not getting onto his back but when you see Reid earning more than established first team players and looking like he is some way off performing at that level you can understand why some might query the merits of his signing.

How much is Reid earning then?

sylus

Norwich, Bournemouth and Burnley would have a better chance of signing this guy, before we will, next week it will be somebody else and so on and so on, just cheap news

SlowerThanPlatt

Norwich, Bournemouth and Burnley would have a better chance of signing this guy, before we will, next week it will be somebody else and so on and so on, just cheap news

I just hope we don’t lose Michael Rose to a Premier League side…

Liquid Gold

Here is the lower end of the list.
And here is a flying pig

giphy.gif

Philosorapter

Wonder what the contract situation is with the players at the end of the season.

Which ones are still up for renewal?

Or a year left etc.

SlowerThanPlatt

I am not getting onto his back but when you see Reid earning more than established first team players and looking like he is some way off performing at that level you can understand why some might query the merits of his signing. To mock or make catty comments about their right to do so (as long as it's respectfully done) i think is a bit off the mark, especially when the semi decent money Ried is on for zero first team impact could have been directed towards a goalscoring midfielder to play alongside Ohare. The same could even more clearly be said about the Bidwell signing, for the large wages he is on could an ACM have made more impact and altered the course of this season more than Bidwell and the LWB strengthening been left until the summer? With our business model we need to buy potential we can develop and cash in on but a 22yo lad Charlton have deemed surplus to requirements this season does not appear to be that sort of signing.

I would guess he’s on no more than £750 a week

ccfc1234

Christ, you don't believe them surely!? 😂
I am not going to put money on its accuracy no but there are a few sources out there that suggest Ried is on more than Dabo as one example. The top end of the pay scale also seems pretty accurate so at the very least that gives the lower end a bit of credibility. Am sure there are some that are under and over estimated.

How much do you think wage wise our recruitment guru signed Ried and Bidwell for to cover the LWB area of the pitch. How would you rate those signings on two levels 1. How good they have been for the team and 2. If the funds allocated to sign Bidwell a good use of our limited resource in January?

Last edited:

higgs

Ogbene on a free from Rotherham would be a cracking signing recon he could do a job at championship level got a great goal tonight against Belgium

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

I am not going to put money on its accuracy no but there are a few sources out there that suggest Ried is on more than Dabo as one example. The top end of the pay scale also seems pretty accurate so at the very least that gives the lower end a bit of credibility. Am sure there are some that are under and under estimated.

How much do you think wage wise our recruitment guru signed Ried and Bidwell for to cover the LWB area of the pitch. How would you rate those signings on two levels 1. How good they have been for the team and 2. Were the finds allocated to sign Bidwell a good use of our limited resource in January?

There is zero chance Reid is on the figures you’ve read. He signed as an 18yo from a small SPL club for I think £150k

ccfc1234

There is zero chance Reid is on the figures you’ve read. He signed as an 18yo from a small SPL club for I think £150k
He might not be on 2.5k per week but then again that is only 120k a year and that is quite small beer in professional football terms. We signed him with a little bit of Badlan hype and fanfare and us said to have 'beaten off other clubs' all those factors considered I can see 120k pre tax being not far off his wage. Here is a link to when we signed him. Coventry City have signed Josh Reid from Ross County

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Ogbene on a free from Rotherham would be a cracking signing recon he could do a job at championship level got a great goal tonight against Belgium

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Played international football against Belgium 😳
Where is he from Germany? France? North Macedonia? Oh its only Rep. Ireland

Users who are viewing this thread