Lowest crowd since 1962 (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

Jim Brown has tweeted that 'last night's official gate of 7,098 was CCFC's smallest league crowd in Coventry since 1962 and if absent ST holders are excluded it was more like 6000'. I don't know what the opposite of a superlative is, but I've run out of them - dire, woeful, grim just don't come close to describing last night. Things just seem to go from bad to worse and last night was dismal. Can anyone offer even the tiniest sign that things will improve under sisu? After last night, I'd be very grateful.

shy_tall_knight

SP has 3 more years left on his contract and we expect by 2018 that he will have learned a lot through reflecting on his mistakes.

Moff

Jim Brown has tweeted that 'last night's official gate of7,098 was CCFC's smallest league crowd in Coventry since 1962 and if absent ST holders are excluded it was more like 6000'. I don't know what the opposite of a superlative is, but I've run out of them - dire, woeful, grim just don't come close to describing last night. Things just seem to go from bad to worse and last night was dismal. Can anyone offer even the tiniest sign that things will improve under sisu? After last night, I'd be very grateful.

Not really.

At least when it gets down to a 1,000 there may be a chance they will do one. At that point though Fisher will be saying we dont wnat to get promoted back to the Football League as it will cost too much money, and Pressley will be saying he saw lots of positives, and the lads showed tremendous attitude in a 4-0 home loss to Southport.

jas365

Not really.

At least when it gets down to a 1,000 there may be a chance they will do one. At that point though Fisher will be saying we dont wnat to get promoted back to the Football League as it will cost too much money, and Pressley will be saying he saw lots of positives, and the lads showed tremendous attitude in a 4-0 home loss to Southport.

Would that be what Fisher calls the "bottom end of the cycle"?

Rusty Trombone

Jim Brown has tweeted that 'last night's official gate of7,098 was CCFC's smallest league crowd in Coventry since 1962 and if absent ST holders are excluded it was more like 6000'. I don't know what the opposite of a superlative is, but I've run out of them - dire, woeful, grim just don't come close to describing last night. Things just seem to go from bad to worse and last night was dismal. Can anyone offer even the tiniest sign that things will improve under sisu? After last night, I'd be very grateful.

maybe they think your offer to pay the rent if attendances get below 5,000 still stands.

Wheelfass

The absent season ticket holders is a interesting point. ST holders are counted as part of the attendance whether they are there or not. Our car load of 5 didn't show last night and I would normally insist on going but such is the apathy after so many years of this downwards trend. I wonder if the FOI rules could reveal the true figure. Does anyone know how to get the true and actual attendance from last night?

CV22SBA

I'm a season ticket holder and sit with 5 mates, we didn't go and I'm not sure I'll go again as its so poor. I've been a ST holder for 31 years and this will be my last until SISU go.

Flying Fokker

I'm a season ticket holder and sit with 5 mates, we didn't go and I'm not sure I'll go again as its so poor. I've been a ST holder for 31 years and this will be my last until SISU go.

It's sad. Good moaning fans have been driven out of the game.

Mr T - Sukka!

The crowds will get lower and lower. £22 to watch that. You would have to seriously question paying that kind of money to watch that turd.

SISU have massive problem on their hands. Crowds are falling revenue and £ is their god.

Crowds will dip further.

A club will always get the support it deserves. And on current showing of last night that will be 1k 2k tops. People will not put up with that dross.

If the owners, players and management dont give a toss why should the fans?

Last edited:

Covstu

People are generally fed up, even some hardcore supporters. People state that NOPM doesn't work....... I bet it would at the ricoh if they got 6fields numbers.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Can anyone clarify for certain whether non attending season ticket holders ARE counted or not. I may be wrong but I thought they weren't. The actual crowd is the one recorded.
Having said that I did think that last night there was absolutely no way there were 7,000 there, more like 5,500.

Brighton Sky Blue

Can anyone clarify for certain whether non attending season ticket holders ARE counted or not. I may be wrong but I thought they weren't. The actual crowd is the one recorded.
Having said that I did think that last night there was absolutely no way there were 7,000 there, more like 5,500.

They ask Tim to walk around and individually count.

RFC

They are as Sold seats, your figure appears about right.

SkyBlueSid

I've had a look and the last gate lower than that was on 23rd April 1962 for a 1-1 draw with Bristol City when it was 5965. I think it was Easter Monday as we played them away the following day. I reckon we could go under 6000 again before this season is out.

Covstu

I've had a look and the last gate lower than that was on 23rd April 1962 for a 1-1 draw with Bristol City when it was 5965. I think it was Easter Monday as we played them away the following day. I reckon we could go under 6000 again before this season is out.

agree, we will hit new lows...

chiefdave

There's no rules about how the announced attendance is calculated but they will have to count all season ticket holders when calculating tax as they've already paid. Jim Brown is the clubs official stats man and he's saying all ST holders were counted even if they weren't there so I would take that as being the case.

AndreasB

Jim Brown has tweeted that 'last night's official gate of 7,098 was CCFC's smallest league crowd in Coventry since 1962 and if absent ST holders are excluded it was more like 6000'. I don't know what the opposite of a superlative is, but I've run out of them - dire, woeful, grim just don't come close to describing last night. Things just seem to go from bad to worse and last night was dismal. Can anyone offer even the tiniest sign that things will improve under sisu? After last night, I'd be very grateful.

Oh fuck off you miserable twat. We lost to easily the best side in the division, we were on TV on a wet and cold Monday night . Even Swindon couldn't muster up 500 fans.

Clearly we expect better than this but that's where we are so get on with or don't bother but stop whining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westendboy

my wife and i, are season ticket holders, we have had enough! we did not go last night, we don't think we will be going again but who knows.

Ian1779

You might stop with these ridiculous rhetorical questions which you pose, and then moan about people discussing....

chiefdave

It's a bit worrying how many season ticket holders aren't turning up. I would guess most season ticket holders live fairly locally, if they can't even be bothered when they've already paid for their ticket what hope have we got of persuading people to pay £22 to go?

Terry Gibson's perm

I went last night and wish I hadn't bothered, I am only going now because I have paid for the season ticket for this year but I will not as foolish next year.

Astute

Oh fuck off you miserable twat. We lost to easily the best side in the division, we were on TV on a wet and cold Monday night . Even Swindon couldn't muster up 500 fans.

Clearly we expect better than this but that's where we are so get on with or don't bother but stop whining.

Just who do you think you are?

So it isn't a worry to you that somewhere between a quarter and half of STH's never turned up for a game that they had a ticket for? This is on top of all those that have stopped going because of the dross that we have to watch most games.

So if it all carries on what will happen next season when it is season ticket renewal time? I have already decided that I will not be going again until things change. I have had enough of the minimum 9 hour return journey to watch the bullshit dished up to us. I am still going to do the occasional away day. But that is to have a day with the lads I know. The problem is that about half have already stopped going for the same reasons. And more are about to give up.

fernandopartridge

Just who do you think you are?

So it isn't a worry to you that somewhere between a quarter and half of STH's never turned up for a game that they had a ticket for? This is on top of all those that have stopped going because of the dross that we have to watch most games.

So if it all carries on what will happen next season when it is season ticket renewal time? I have already decided that I will not be going again until things change. I have had enough of the minimum 9 hour return journey to watch the bullshit dished up to us. I am still going to do the occasional away day. But that is to have a day with the lads I know. The problem is that about half have already stopped going for the same reasons. And more are about to give up.

You travel a long way to matches? Really? You should have mentioned it before

bigfatronssba

Loyalty is permanent. I won't desert my club when it needs me most unlike some of you surrender monkeys on here.

Its just a shame that the club deserted us and broke that loyalty isn't it?

MichaelCCFC

You might stop with these ridiculous rhetorical questions which you pose, and then moan about people discussing....

A rhetorical question would mean I have the answer. But I don't. So it is a genuine question and given the majority of responses on here it's more urgent than ever if people are to be persuaded to continue going - can you or anyone else please offer even the tiniest sign that things will improve under our current owners? thx

AndreasB

A rhetorical question would mean I have the answer. But I don't. So it is a genuine question and given the majority of responses on here it's more urgent than ever if people are to be persuaded to continue going - can you or anyone else please offer even the tiniest sign that things will improve under our current owners? thx

Why are you asking a message board?

italiahorse

No signs whatsoever.
Just keep paying my money and getting less.

Users who are viewing this thread