Love 'em or hate 'em..... (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
….and I hate them, but you have to admire what Leicester have achieved lately. Won the Premier League title in the 2015/16 season and now sit pretty in 2nd place behind the mighty Liverpool. I've always considered them as a similar club to ours with the same type of fan base, team and set-up. I expect to get shot down in flames with this post, but let's face it, they are no longer our "rivals"! Wolves, another Midlands team, are currently 7th and the Vile (ha ha) are in a relegation scrap!

Covkid1968#

Nope not listening.... la la la la la la la la la

Terry Gibson's perm

Did they win the league as far as I was concerned the league took a break that year so no winner:emoji_kissing:

Travs

Fair play to them.... similar city (and in some respects club history) to ours..... I’d sooner they succeed than any one of the “big 6”......

will probably get slated for the above, but when I was growing up the rivalry was Villa for me.... the likes of Leicester/Wolves/Blues were way below us and even though roles are now reversed, I just can’t get excited or wound up about them.... (although i certainly dislike Blues and Wolves more than Leicester).

Although for my dad, a regular in the 60’s and 70’s, it was always Wolves...

hill83

giphy.gif

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Still tarnished by the admin and getting out of all that debt years ago.

But their position shows what a single clinical striker can do for you. Both Vardy and Kane have elevated their teams a few places up the table from where they'd be otherwise.

Brighton Sky Blue

….and I hate them, but you have to admire what Leicester have achieved lately. Won the Premier League title in the 2015/16 season and now sit pretty in 2nd place behind the mighty Liverpool. I've always considered them as a similar club to ours with the same type of fan base, team and set-up. I expect to get shot down in flames with this post, but let's face it, they are no longer our "rivals"! Wolves, another Midlands team, are currently 7th and the Vile (ha ha) are in a relegation scrap!

Yes you have to hand it to them finding a billionaire willing to sign off tens of millions to get them promoted and then sign blank cheques going after that. Same for Wolves finding a Chinese mega corporation to do the same thing. Really inspirational!

(Sorry for being a Grinch HH)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Yes you have to hand it to them finding a billionaire willing to sign off tens of millions to get them promoted and then sign blank cheques going after that. Same for Wolves finding a Chinese mega corporation to do the same thing. Really inspirational!

That's okay BSB, that's usually my role over Christmas!

Travs

That’s a fair enough point, but the only way football will ever change in this country is if the big 4/5/6/whatever it is now, are regularly shoved out of Champions League and European places, and start to struggle financially... and currently it’s our strange friends from Leicester and Wolves who are best positioned to shake it up a bit...

My pleasure in Leicester doing well is purely for that reason.

Users who are viewing this thread