Lost the Dressing Room (2 Viewers)

hill83

Did have a thread entitled “a gentleman’s excuse me” which I had prepared in advance. Will leave it till another day.

giphy.gif

Hertsccfc

It’s a boring cliche - what isn’t is;

playing a dud in goal above the number 1
Playing Hyam week in week out when there are better options
signing overseas duds
Not considering Eccles or pask unless you have to
Playing biamou week in week out with no cause
Constant negative fearful tactics

These things are more worthy of discussion
It's rarely that simple and as fans we don't know the true position.

1. Marosi is clearly the better keeper but probably wasn't fit to play
2. Hyam was our best player in the early part of the season, and it wasn't clear who could replace him when he lost form
3. Agree on Kastaneer and Jobello. Not seen Hilssner and seems he has been unlucky
4. Neither are wing backs. We got away with it today.
5. For most of the time there was no option I suspect. We don't know how fit Walker was. I am sure he would have been playing if fit
6. Not constant, but agree we have been too negative too often

stupot07

It's rarely that simple and as fans we don't know the true position.

1. Marosi is clearly the better keeper but probably wasn't fit to play
2. Hyam was our best player in the early part of the season, and it wasn't clear who could replace him when he lost form
3. Agree on Kastaneer and Jobello. Not seen Hilssner and seems he has been unlucky
4. Neither are wing backs. We got away with it today.
5. For most of the time there was no option I suspect. We don't know how fit Walker was. I am sure he would have been playing if fit
6. Not constant, but agree we have been too negative too often

2) Got to disagree about Hyam, Hamer without a doubt was the stand out player for the first half of the season by some distance. Hyam has struggled all season, the step up has exposed his technical and passing limitations, albeit on his wrong side of defence. The issue was not brining in a left sided centerback.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Irish Sky Blue

signing overseas duds

I’m pretty sure that Marosi simply wasn’t ready to resume. He probably had no choice but to play Wilson until Marosi was fully recovered.
Hyam, until today, has been the one constant in the centre of defence. There have been so many injuries to Rose, illness and suspensions with McFadzean that he has limited chances to rotate Hyam out of the back three. Hyam is also a player brought in at League Two level now playing two divisions above. You make no allowance for that or give credence to the possibilities that he may grow to the level.
The overseas duds presumably don’t include Hamer or Dabo as they won’t suit your negative narrative. The jury should still be out out on Da Costa and Hilsner. Jobello and Kastaneer were brought in with League One in mind. Jobello was a regular in the promotion team until he got injured, Kastaneer is the only confirmed dud.
Pask has done well today but is now used by you as a stick to beat Robins with when the general consensus until a few weeks ago was that he wasn’t good enough. I didn’t see anyone on here suggest Eccles as the cover for Dabo at wingback and he was in few people’s ideal team until Robins brought him on at QPR.
Frequently over the past few weeks the choice at striker has been between Biamou, Gyorkeres or Bakayoko with Walker and Godden injured. Neither Gyorkeres or Bakayoko were setting the world alight but you still have a go at playing Biamou when his first choice pairing wasn’t available.
With regard to his constant negative tactics, the objective for this season has always been survival. We started the season playing the open passing game we played last season and shipped bucket loads of goals. If we had carried on like that we were going down without a doubt. He changed it and has given us the chance to avoid the drop and stay in this league.
Despite what you and a minority of others have said, he is once again proving that for us, he is a good manager.

clint van damme

I’m pretty sure that Marosi simply wasn’t ready to resume. He probably had no choice but to play Wilson until Marosi was fully recovered.
Hyam, until today, has been the one constant in the centre of defence. There have been so many injuries to Rose, illness and suspensions with McFadzean that he has limited chances to rotate Hyam out of the back three. Hyam is also a player brought in at League Two level now playing two divisions above. You make no allowance for that or give credence to the possibilities that he may grow to the level.
The overseas duds presumably don’t include Hamer or Dabo as they won’t suit your negative narrative. The jury should still be out out on Da Costa and Hilsner. Jobello and Kastaneer were brought in with League One in mind. Jobello was a regular in the promotion team until he got injured, Kastaneer is the only confirmed dud.
Pask has done well today but is now used by you as a stick to beat Robins with when the general consensus until a few weeks ago was that he wasn’t good enough. I didn’t see anyone on here suggest Eccles as the cover for Dabo at wingback and he was in few people’s ideal team until Robins brought him on at QPR.
Frequently over the past few weeks the choice at striker has been between Biamou, Gyorkeres or Bakayoko with Walker and Godden injured. Neither Gyorkeres or Bakayoko were setting the world alight but you still have a go at playing Biamou when his first choice pairing wasn’t available.
With regard to his constant negative tactics, the objective for this season has always been survival. We started the season playing the open passing game we played last season and shipped bucket loads of goals. If we had carried on like that we were going down without a doubt. He changed it and has given us the chance to avoid the drop and stay in this league.
Despite what you and a minority of others have said, he is once again proving that for us, he is a good manager.

I agree with a lot of that post but I don't agree abut Hyam.
Hes been poor for a while and to keep playing him hasn't helped the team and in all liklihood hasn't helped the player.

Hutch11

Wish I could double like that

Brighton Sky Blue

You can pretty much count Ostigard as an overseas signing too as he hadn't played in England prior to this season.

Grendel

i lost interest when you lumped a signing from Chelsea when his contract ended as an overseas dud

PVA

signing overseas duds

Christ imagine having this level of enjoyment when your team gets a big win

Imagine actually being happier when your team loses so that you can come online and berate Robins/Biamou/the tea lady.

What a sad outlook on life

Irish Sky Blue

So? He’s not an overseas signing he was on loan?
The two teams he played for before us were overseas. We based his signing only on the recommendation of Vibash and never watched him play for his two Dutch clubs? I would have thought that the definition of an overseas signing is the location that you get the player from, not their nationality.

Briles

signing overseas duds

You're supposed to stop the cotton bud when there's resistance

No chance
The manager just decided to give Eccles a chance there

Yeah just decided to give him a chance in a position he’s completely untested in a relegation battle game, because playing our best player - who has experience playing there doesn’t make more sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frostie

Yeah just decided to give him a chance in a position he’s completely untested in a relegation battle game, because playing our best player - who has experience playing there doesn’t make more sense

Crazy conspiracy theory.

Why would he refuse to play a position he had no qualms about playing practically a whole season in previously?
If he had refused to play there then there is no chance he'd even be included in the squad, let alone actually play today.

Crazy conspiracy theory.

Why would he refuse to play a position he had no qualms about playing practically a whole season in previously?
If he had refused to play there then there is no chance he'd even be included in the squad, let alone actually play today.

Because he’s one of the best attacking players in the squad, he wouldn’t have been happy being asked to play RWB.

Evo1883

Nothing to do with the fact he is English. We signed him based on his performances in Holland.

Yea but he was working in England then went to work In Holland for a bit ..he's not an overseas player ...when Gary Lineker signed for spurs from Barcelona they didn't hail him as a great overseas export

Irish Sky Blue

Yea but he was working in England then went to work In Holland for a bit ..he's not an overseas player ...when Gary Lineker signed for spurs from Barcelona they didn't hail him as a great overseas export
We signed him based on his performances overseas.

Irish Sky Blue

I don't know mate my definition of an overseas player is different
The point being made was that our recruitment of players playing for overseas clubs has been poor. Dabo, just like Hamer, Jobello, Hilsner and Kastaneer was signed after his performances in an overseas league.

Users who are viewing this thread