lost 6-1 but positives to take from game such as.... (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

1) LOANS

Bailey/makelele - whilst at fault for the 3rd goal i felt he was citys motm, he tackled hard and was quick to pass rather than dwell on the game, really reminded me of the makelele water carrier/anchor man roll, kept thing smoving along smoothly and even got into a goal scoring position second half. he is gonna be a good loanee and add some bite to this team!

reckford played well imo, hes got good anticipation and was regulary intercepting arsenal through balls, think he needs to cross earlier but he did well, i still like to keep hussey and rotate rather than play kilbane though

mousa looked very bright,strong and pacey...for 20 mins, then he went out of the game,i think he could be a bueat in league 1 though

2) work ethic - city worked damn hard for 60 mins,arsenal got most of their goals when we tired massivly,hopefully thats just a one off ebcause players arnt used to chasing likes of wallcott and oxlade around?. i felt barton also worked hard when he did lose the ball so thats improvement,i hope robins noticed

3) hey we got a penalty save and goal to cheer, well done murphy! 2 assists in 2 games for baker now, a brilliant cross and a good finish from ball(how about we dont condemn him so soon boo boys?)

overall yes we need to cut out individual errors and work on fitness but that first 60 mins leaves me convicned we can turn this season around,and fast.

hill83

We just have to hope the players turn up in league games. Our only two games where the players gave shown effort have been against higher league opposition.

Hope Robins can turn it around.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Agree with virtually all said there. The comment about Ball I'm still a bit unsure of though; it was a great finish and sparkling cross by Baker, but Ball has done little else this season so I feel the criticism so far has been valid (that said, never like boo'ing).

Overall the players can be please with the performance last night - as you say it's going to be knackering to lay against a team with Walcott and A-Ox but for 60 minutes we did, so hopefully the players fitness will continue to improve. All in all, it's the cheeriest I've ever come into work after a loss (and after most wins tbf...) - they showed a work ethic, determination and pride I was proud of.

One other thing to note was our style of play last night - passing the ball out from the keeper - short, quick passes along the ground mixed with good vision to spray the ball out wide. It's actually given me some hope!

PUSB

covcity4life

agreed,although sometimes we still did long ball it to elliott which makes no sense

i dont think robins will let them take it easy vs oldham but time will tell.

Mucca Mad Boys

agreed,although sometimes we still did long ball it to elliott which makes no sense

i dont think robins will let them take it easy vs oldham but time will tell.

Tbf that was when we were pressed into doing so there wasn't really an alternative.

Astute

Most of us were saying before the game that we would be happy if the players put effort in and gave a decent display. We certainly got both. Look at just the score and we were poor. We were not though. I left my house about 7:45am and got home just before 4am. Well worth it for the way they played. Good day, good company and a well done to the SBA. They did us proud :claping hands:

procdoc

1) LOANS

Bailey/makelele - whilst at fault for the 3rd goal i felt he was citys motm, he tackled hard and was quick to pass rather than dwell on the game, really reminded me of the makelele water carrier/anchor man roll, kept thing smoving along smoothly and even got into a goal scoring position second half. he is gonna be a good loanee and add some bite to this team!

reckford played well imo, hes got good anticipation and was regulary intercepting arsenal through balls, think he needs to cross earlier but he did well, i still like to keep hussey and rotate rather than play kilbane though

mousa looked very bright,strong and pacey...for 20 mins, then he went out of the game,i think he could be a bueat in league 1 though

2) work ethic - city worked damn hard for 60 mins,arsenal got most of their goals when we tired massivly,hopefully thats just a one off ebcause players arnt used to chasing likes of wallcott and oxlade around?. i felt barton also worked hard when he did lose the ball so thats improvement,i hope robins noticed

3) hey we got a penalty save and goal to cheer, well done murphy! 2 assists in 2 games for baker now, a brilliant cross and a good finish from ball(how about we dont condemn him so soon boo boys?)

overall yes we need to cut out individual errors and work on fitness but that first 60 mins leaves me convicned we can turn this season around,and fast.

It's Reckord not Reckford, don't you know anything about football? ;)

CCFCSteve

Main positive was probably off the pitch. Im not sure what the revenue split is but with a 58,000 crowd we could be quids in

skybluegod

Agree with virtually all said there. The comment about Ball I'm still a bit unsure of though; it was a great finish and sparkling cross by Baker, but Ball has done little else this season so I feel the criticism so far has been valid (that said, never like boo'ing).

Overall the players can be please with the performance last night - as you say it's going to be knackering to lay against a team with Walcott and A-Ox but for 60 minutes we did, so hopefully the players fitness will continue to improve. All in all, it's the cheeriest I've ever come into work after a loss (and after most wins tbf...) - they showed a work ethic, determination and pride I was proud of.

One other thing to note was our style of play last night - passing the ball out from the keeper - short, quick passes along the ground mixed with good vision to spray the ball out wide. It's actually given me some hope!

PUSB

how many mins has ball played before yesterday? about 10 in all games?

PVA

Just mentioned it in another thread, but I thought Reckord was excellent. He had Walcott in his pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread