Losing tonight (1 Viewer)

cov1987

I'm glad we lost tonight as thorn will now know we do need a finisher up front, because if we would have won he may have thought there was know need to rush, if we don't get that man it will be a long old season again.

blueflint

I'm glad we lost tonight as thorn will now know we do need a finisher up front, because if we would have won he may have thought there was know need to rush, if we don't get that man it will be a long old season again.
what was the score

junglej13

I agree but I think we need a bit more than that. As our squad stands I cannot see where goals are coming from apart from McDonald.

Astute

AT would have known before tonight we need a decent striker I knew we needed at least 1. You knew we need at least 1. Even SISU know we need one and they know fook all about football.

Gray

at the end of the day we lost to an SPL side, which is the equivalent to championship id say, a game which saw some of our players second game in 2 days, i wouldn't look too much into the result tonight

Otis

We don't need a finisher. We have ROD.

cov1987

at the end of the day we lost to an SPL side, which is the equivalent to championship id say, a game which saw some of our players second game in 2 days, i wouldn't look too much into the result tonight

yes that's true but if we would have won then he may have thought there was know need to rush but as ee know its a long old season but fair play things are looking up

covcity4life

im dissapointed with the loss but moreso by the fact it seemed like we didnt create many chances

but it was second game in 2 days for alot of players so there not gonna have the same energy

saturday will be more of an indicator

ive seen goals from first 2 friendlies and really played some incisive passes,i hope to see it continue

pusbccfc

We have Jeffers:whistle:

These games are just about fitness AT knows we need strikers, this was the second game in 2 days plus our best striker wasn't playing. We will get a proper idea of where we are when cody, deegs and hopefully Jennings are in the team

skyblueinBaku

That game didn't show us anything that wasn't already known. It might, however, act as a calming influence on those fans that think we will breeze through D1 next season with ease.

smileycov

Facebook User
YAWN!!!!

doubt anybody seriously believes we will "Breeze through Div 1 with ease", however like me i am sure people feel more confident going into the season than last year. We are putting a half decent squad together that may well allow us to compete at last, We are after all playing in the 3rd tier of English football so if we are not slightly confident we may as well pack it all in!

Real

That game didn't show us anything that wasn't already known. It might, however, act as a calming influence on those fans that think we will breeze through D1 next season with ease.

It will probably be the same cretins who thought we would breeze through the Championship when we come down from the Premiership. I recall one clown named Supermac who regularly told me to f-off and support Villa/Leicscum because I had the nerve to give my honest opinion in that it would be a long time before Coventry got near the Premiership again. Unfortunately I was right.

ajsccfc

I don't get the impression that anyone here is genuinely of the belief that it's ours for the taking. If anything you've got more people predicting unrealistic doom than unrealistic glory.

stupot07

To be honest I haven't seen many (if any) doom and gloom posts......that is unless you class posts that say finishing in the top 6 will be difficult as doom and gloom.

Diehard Si

well you have missed the posts about how we will be lucky to avoid relegation to league 2 then
Those people are idiots though. It's like the people that think we will walk it. Take them with a pinch of salt.

Reality says we will finish about 5th I guess and lose in play offs but we really don't know. None of us do at this stage, even the bookies can be way off.

covcity4life

yeah i think top 6

id love an auto run but top 6 is more realistic

like i said in another thread saturday will be a better indicator of how good we are, a few days rest and then a game vs SPL team again.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I reckon to finish 5th with Pompey scum up there as well. Even with points deducted, they will still cheat and con their way up the league! :mad:
A couple of close play-off games and - BOOM - we're back up! (Just can't predict who with though :thinking about:)
And this isn't one of those "idiots who think we'll walk it" brigade! I genuinely feel that we could bounce back, but it will be a close thing.

Diehard Si

In fact Man City have lost and drawn 2 friendlies to some unknown teams... Wonder if their fans are getting upset over that?

Users who are viewing this thread