Losing points to the teams around us will be our downfall (1 Viewer)

Looking at the stats, we have played 4 teams in and around us and drew 2 and lost 2 scoring just 1 goal.

Now our form against the top half is decent but if we don’t starting getting results soon from bottom half teams the gap will stretch.

This even more emphasise how big the 4 next games are.

operationprem

Think we will lose to forest an Leeds, draw against burnley. Doncaster game is massive as after that there's some hard games coming up in November

Chipfat

Our downfall is not having a good enough squad to win games...... we compete but that is not enough, i said at the start of the season this squad reminded me of the Preston team last year.... By the time we get sorted it will be too late,other teams will have points in the bag and just be to many points ahead ....

Sub

relegation thats all this team will acheive and in january any player worth anything will be gone

Let's see if we can get a 100% record against them. The way it's going they will be the only team we have a possibility of doing this against.

Nonleagueherewecome

Our best results based on the other teams league position are the Derby/Boro ones. Need to think a little bit more about why we got those points; both Derby and Middboro play an attractive passing style of football, which we found similar to our own and easier to contain than those who mix it up a bit more. For example Blackpool and Barnsley with their diagonal balls, Ipswich with their constant peppering of the box with crosses, etc. And what the teams we played best against didn't do in particular was get the ball wide at pace, to exploit the fact that we have no wingers and inexperienced full-backs.

I think such factors are infinitely more important in reality than looking for pretty but utterly unscientific patterns of "good against good" and "bad against bad". Trust me, the management will be taking my approach on this matter-just listen properly to what AT says in his interviews about tactics, instead of just hearing "moaning"!

Paxman II

The only true constant about this league and any other....we have to win games to stay in it.
Teams around us, above us, below us really won't matter if we can't win any of them.
If we could predict results then we would all be millionaires.

I know what you mean but when you lose to teams around you they become 6 pointers and the gap widens. Hence why the Barnsley game proved the point. Relegation contenders like us now have a cushion over us

Paxman II

Too early to say a game is a '6 pointer' Mumford but I do know what you are saying.
The comforting thing is that just when you think we will struggle against teams who look like they will skin us alive it never turns out that way! It's a funny old game football. If we are still down in the bottom 6 with 10 games or so to go then your argument gains huge weight.
I think we will get a couple of loans and we will improve our goal scoring and that will give us the wins we need to put some shine on our season. Didn't Reading have an awful start last year and struggled through almost two thirds of the season in the bottom 6 or so before suddenly clicking and going on a run of 10 or twelve unbeaten into the play off's?
Not saying we can do that but my point is you just can't predict what might happen and is too early into the season to make any 'reasonable' prediction.

Tankie

relegation thats all this team will acheive and in january any player worth anything will be gone

A Harsh, stark, look at reality, and one I cannot argue with.
Investment has completely dried up, we are weak in midfield and toothless up top, "more negativity" well of cause, but where are the positives to shout about, if Sisu want to abandon their tenure, let them do so, and sharp about it, if we are to stand a chance of staying up, new owners must be in before the January window closes, or we will perish.
Eternal Optimists...COME ON DOWN!

Users who are viewing this thread