Losing a pet (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I asked them to come to the yard where we carried him if I wasn't allowed in and they said they couldn't.. We had 5 minutes with him so I said bye told him I loved him and I'd see him soon , looked back at him looking at me and he started to bark.. I had to put my fingers in my ears until I got to the car... It's eating me up, but I couldn't bring him home to suffer... Horrible situation, I know it was the right thing to do but I wanted to be with him.. I hope he forgives me
It wasn't your fault, you gave him a happy, long life. Nothing more you could have done.

ovduk78

I asked them to come to the yard where we carried him if I wasn't allowed in and they said they couldn't.. We had 5 minutes with him so I said bye told him I loved him and I'd see him soon , looked back at him looking at me and he started to bark.. I had to put my fingers in my ears until I got to the car... It's eating me up, but I couldn't bring him home to suffer... Horrible situation, I know it was the right thing to do but I wanted to be with him.. I hope he forgives me
That is so heartbreaking, I really feel for you. He will forgive you because you know that he loved you, his tail wagging & look on his face whenever he saw you will tell you that.

Covkid1968#

8bf8a04e6a9166ba70818a55386153e0.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
Sad news mate ..... dogs become your family and best mate all rolled into one.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I don't know what to say. I find it so sad and devastating about how this has happened. I sincerely hope you have loads of photos and videos of him that you can look at from time to time. Believe me, it does get easier, but only just. Coincidently, I was talking about my old boy today and showing a neighbour some photos of him. I really struggled to get through that, and as I said earlier, I lost him 10½ years ago. Grieve as much as you feel. My thoughts are with you.

pipkin73

Sorry for your loss mate, like said above it's hard when they go (they are not just a pet, they are part of your family). I had to have my last dog a miniature Jack Russell put to rest as he had very bad epilepsy and the last fit went on for almost 5 hours. I still think back on him all the time and remember things like that when i would not play, he would take his ball and drop it down the stairs and chase it and go on for ages doing it.
My friends dog saved her life by nudging and licking her constantly after she passed out, dogs are real true friends we are honoured to shared our lives with.
The dog i have now is 10 and still fit and healthy but i've had to put her on senior food as she was having problems with normal dog food and i can't give her anymore human food which i hate as she watches you with one of those looks only a dog can.
Try and remember the good times and i'm sure your dog like most had it's own quirks, remember those and know that what you have done has saved your best friend from suffering.

Kneeza

It's always an awful time, and my heart goes out to you.
My current boy is nearly sixteen (border/kelpie/GS type mix). He's still very spry, but quite deaf, and has the start of cataracts in both eyes. He's also showing occasional slight signs of instability in the back legs.
But I can't allow myself to believe he won't be there soon.
They steal our hearts eh?
Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread