Losing a pet (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

So I have 2 dogs, 1 border colly, 1 colly Cross rottweiler (I know) both aged 12.
These are my first 2 dogs I've ever owned myself.
Last week my dog (the Cross) started urinating and drinking insane amounts and a couple days later his back legs started going several times per walk..

Took urine to the vets, they said it was too diluted and there doesn't appear to be any infection... On the call to my partner the words were mentioned " it may be that we have to have that chat" and he is due to go in tomorrow @ 9:45

Well to say I've been an absolute mess this week would be an understatement... This evening I've been an absolute wreck, I can't help but feel his time has come.. It may well be something less sinister but I'm worried that his kidneys are done...

It's amazing how much you love these beautiful animals, I never realised just how much until this week tbh...

Corrado

Very sad for you, sorry. My friend had to put down his border collie last week at 12 years old aswell and he was heart broken. Make the most of the time you have left

SkyBlueDom26

Hope your ok mate! The worst feeling ever losing a companion that’s been in ya life for years, I’ve been through it once and it’s heartbreaking....stay strong

Sick Boy

Always been more of a cat person but the pain of losing them is devastating, enjoy the time you have together, mate.

NorthernWisdom

Always been more of a cat person but the pain of losing them is devastating, enjoy the time you have together, mate.
Ditto. I'll still well up if I think of my old cat. Can remember giving him a brush so he looked his best for his final journey and him purring away despite not being well at all.

Turns out I do the same when writing it down!

Sbarcher

Your dog gives you affection and love unconditionally. You will never have anything this devoted to you, (not even your other half). The relatively short life of a pet is heart-breaking when their time is up, but you know deep down that you would not want them to suffer. It's a bloody hard thing to say goodbye but I hope the best for you and all goes well this morning.

jimmyhillsfanclub

My pooch is 11.....I truly dread the day.....hes my constant companion....currently asleep under my desk at work as I type this.

Feel for you Evo1883.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My old boy Floyd, a Welsh Border Collie cross, was 15½ when I had to take him to say goodbye. Both me and the wife went in with him so we were the last people he would see. I'm sure he knew what was going on because the look of peace and contentment on his face as he closed his eyes was there for us to see. We just cried our eyes out as the vet left us to say goodbye. That was just over 10 years ago. I still have his picture on the wall and think about him often. We now have a fabulous little boy who is irreplaceable. He may only be a Chihuahua, but he has the heart of a lion! He's now 5½ and I dread "that day" coming.

Evo1883

8bf8a04e6a9166ba70818a55386153e0.jpg

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

skyblueinBaku

I feel your pain. We've had to have 2 ginger tomcats put to sleep, and on each occasion my wife and I were in tears for days afterwards. We still well up when we talk about either of them.

ovduk78

My boy was put to sleep this morning, devestated tbh.. He was 12 and a half.... We are going to take his ashes to Kenilworth Castle in the fields surrounding it, his favourite place...
Sorry for your loss Evo, we went through the same with our 15 1/2 year old springer last november and it was tough but we knew we had made the right decision. Think of all the good times and the special memories you made with him.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

My boy was put to sleep this morning, devestated tbh.. He was 12 and a half.... We are going to take his ashes to Kenilworth Castle in the fields surrounding it, his favourite place...

I know how you must be feeling and it is horrible. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I have had pets in the past and when you lose them it is the hardest thing ever. What you've got to remember though is how happy that pet was with you. Clearly with walks around Kenilworth Castle, he lived a fantastic life. Remember that.

I've got two dogs, they are 11 and 9, but both Jack Russell's which can live at bit longer as they're only small. I'm hoping they have a good run still as they're still mental, but technically classed as seniors somehow.

The second one we rescued from appalling conditions and now he lives like a king. My other dog loves him too.

Best of luck with everything and sorry once again. Just hold on to the happy thoughts and think about how positive your lives together have been.

Sbarcher

So sorry to hear this. I've no doubt he had a great time with you and you have lots of memories to just have a sit and a peaceful smile to yourself.

D

Deleted member 4439

Still touched by my loss, more than 5 years ago, my heart goes ou to you.

We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own,
live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan.

Irving Townsend.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm so sorry for your loss. I love animals more than humans.
The Last Battle.JPG

Tommo1993

Very sorry to hear this. No amount of preparing for a loss is enough, always hits like a freight train. I don’t think there’s another being on the planet with the same unconditional love of a dog. My folks got us a springer spaniel just before I turned two. He was put to sleep when I was 15.

dancers lance

So I have 2 dogs, 1 border colly, 1 colly Cross rottweiler (I know) both aged 12.
These are my first 2 dogs I've ever owned myself.
Last week my dog (the Cross) started urinating and drinking insane amounts and a couple days later his back legs started going several times per walk..

Took urine to the vets, they said it was too diluted and there doesn't appear to be any infection... On the call to my partner the words were mentioned " it may be that we have to have that chat" and he is due to go in tomorrow @ 9:45

Well to say I've been an absolute mess this week would be an understatement... This evening I've been an absolute wreck, I can't help but feel his time has come.. It may well be something less sinister but I'm worried that his kidneys are done...

It's amazing how much you love these beautiful animals, I never realised just how much until this week tbh...
Evo, I absolutely get your pain, I've been through this. As much as this hurts, never forget that you haven given this animal the best life, that you loved him and he loved you. Sorry for the loss bro.

fernandopartridge

Really sorry to hear that mate but at least he won't be in any pain and had you with him until the end

RegTheDonk

Sorry you had to let him go Evo. It's a sad part of life that many of us have also gone through, it never gets easier.

Give yourself a pat on the head as well mate ... some people are crap owners but you've obviously treated him brilliantly and he's had a good life. His hapiness is down to you and your family, because you give them the love which they return in spades. Like your other dog, I'm sure they won't be the last to benefit from your warm heart. Well done :)

Evo1883

Really? That's shit.

I asked them to come to the yard where we carried him if I wasn't allowed in and they said they couldn't.. We had 5 minutes with him so I said bye told him I loved him and I'd see him soon , looked back at him looking at me and he started to bark.. I had to put my fingers in my ears until I got to the car... It's eating me up, but I couldn't bring him home to suffer... Horrible situation, I know it was the right thing to do but I wanted to be with him.. I hope he forgives me

Sky_Blue_Daz

I asked them to come to the yard where we carried him if I wasn't allowed in and they said they couldn't.. We had 5 minutes with him so I said bye told him I loved him and I'd see him soon , looked back at him looking at me and he started to bark.. I had to put my fingers in my ears until I got to the car... It's eating me up, but I couldn't bring him home to suffer... Horrible situation, I know it was the right thing to do but I wanted to be with him.. I hope he forgives me
Mate that sounds heartbreaking, I’m so sorry to hear your news

dancers lance

Mate! It fucking kills you to go through that, but please be proud of yourself for loving that boy. You are obviously a very caring man that loves animals, they are family.

Users who are viewing this thread