Lose the Gut Thread 2019!! (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I'd stop watching food if I were you - you might get tempted to eat it.

girl next to me brought in dominos for lunch and heated it up. The smell is killing me

fellatio_Martinez

The idea of 2lbs a week for 40 weeks makes me want to dive into a vat of burgers.

Trying intermittent fasting and just watching food for now. But need to go pretty hard this year. God damn relationships making me stop trying :mad:

The biggest hurdle for me is just sticking to it long enough that it becomes automatic and less of a slog and apparently that can take two months on average.

Day 2 and I'm already contemplating a cheat day.

fatso

Fuck me. Weighed myself for the first time in ages and am far fatter than I thought, over 16st. Got about 80lbs I want to lose. The idea of 2lbs a week for 40 weeks makes me want to dive into a vat of burgers.

Trying intermittent fasting and just watching food for now. But need to go pretty hard this year. God damn relationships making me stop trying :mad:
I'd love to loose 80lb too, 1 week into dry January and so far so good, no booze and no junk food, no crisps or chocolate eaten so far. It's a boring diet, but hopefully worth it if I can get some timber off before my holiday in june.

fellatio_Martinez

I'm definitely getting sugar withdrawals. I've felt moody, sick and light headed all day and I'm pretty sure the Wispa Gold in the drawer is communicating telepathically with me.

PurpleBin

Fuck me. Weighed myself for the first time in ages and am far fatter than I thought, over 16st. Got about 80lbs I want to lose. The idea of 2lbs a week for 40 weeks makes me want to dive into a vat of burgers.

Just had a plant based burger...bloody lovely!!!

Covstu

Cut a leg off

covcity4life

how tall r u? r u visibly fat in mirror if u r honest?

IF midday to 8pm is doable, drink lots of water

if u r endomorph i say from experience that cutting down carbs will help u lose weight quickly

shmmeee

how tall r u? r u visibly fat in mirror if u r honest?

IF midday to 8pm is doable, drink lots of water

if u r endomorph i say from experience that cutting down carbs will help u lose weight quickly

I’m 6ft, I carry it OK though. I put on and lose quickly. Low carb works wonders but is hard to stick to. Been doing IF (12:30-8:30) for now but will probably move to IF and low carb soon.

fellatio_Martinez

I did the blood sugar diet for two months. Zero carbs and 800 cals a day.

I lost 3st and one of those stones was water weight which I gained straight back after eating carbs for a day.

I tried keto for a while too and found the water weight issue again. The initial results are definitely impressive but they're misleading.

shmmeee

I did the blood sugar diet for two months. Zero carbs and 800 cals a day.

I lost 3st and one of those stones was water weight which I gained straight back after eating carbs for a day.

I tried keto for a while too and found the water weight issue again. The initial results are definitely impressive but they're misleading.

To be honest I mostly go low carb for the energy levels and the fact it does wonders for my internal guts and skin. The weight loss is a nice bonus. I’ve put back on about 2.5 of the 5 stone I lost but I’ve also been being my own version of Supersize Me for a year.

covmark

A week off the booze now. Longest I've gone without a beer for about 10 years haha. Cut out bread, crisps, chocolate and takeaways. Been to the gym every day this week.
Weighed myself last weekend came in at 14st 7. Heaviest I've ever been, want to lose a stone and half.

Before xmas I was a regular at the gym, but my diet has always been shocking, so they sort of cancelled each other out. Determined to change diet this year and look half decent when I go away in August.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

fellatio_Martinez

To be honest I mostly go low carb for the energy levels and the fact it does wonders for my internal guts and skin. The weight loss is a nice bonus. I’ve put back on about 2.5 of the 5 stone I lost but I’ve also been being my own version of Supersize Me for a year.

I found low carb to definitely have benefits. When I did keto I'd wake up in the mornings and feel instantly awake. I usually moan and groan and wriggle about in bed like a demented worm for half an hour before I can muster the effort to get up but keto changed all that.

I felt quite groggy and had no energy though which seems to be the opposite of what people usually go through. I think my Irish DNA has made a life without spuds and bread intolerable.

shmmeee

I found low carb to definitely have benefits. When I did keto I'd wake up in the mornings and feel instantly awake. I usually moan and groan and wriggle about in bed like a demented worm for half an hour before I can muster the effort to get up but keto changed all that.

I felt quite groggy and had no energy though which seems to be the opposite of what people usually go through. I think my Irish DNA has made a life without spuds and bread intolerable.

I think I’ve got other issues (insert Grendel post here), but yeah it works for me. Like mental health I think diet can be quite personal. And you’re right, ultimately it’s what’s sustainable and leads to you eating fewer calories than you burn.

Travs

I am someone who weighed myself one xmas and was horrified to be 16st2 (around 102kg)..... and now walk round around 80kg (about 12 and a half stone)....

If you want it to be a permanent loss of weight then it has to be a permanent change to your diet or lifestyle... fad diets don’t work in the long run.... no offence to whoever posted above, but stuff like 800 calories a day is not maintainable...

In my opinion it needs to be something that can be maintained... for me I didn’t mind feeling a bit hungry during the day, so had (and still have) a minimal breakfast (couple of spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt etc)..... and keep lunch and tea very sensible.... but the trade off is I have my largest meal of the day around 8:30pm as not prepared to try and get to sleep whilst hungry. This works well for me as I usually do my training in the evening so I’m starving when i get home.

not saying that’s the best way for everyone, but you’ve got to find what suits your life and can be maintained in the long term.

I’m no expert but I lost weight myself, and gained a fair bit of knowledge through experience, through “making weight” for kickboxing....

Totally agree about water weight.... it flies off the first week or so, but yes much of that is water... your body needs water for digestion, and when you’re dieting it needs less so you piss it out.... which is why you might notice yourself pissing like the proverbial racehorse the first few days of lower calories...

fellatio_Martinez

no offence to whoever posted above, but stuff like 800 calories a day is not maintainable...

The blood sugar diet is only a temporary plan and not supposed to be maintained. It's actually meant to reverse type 2 diabetes and isn't really aimed at the typical dieter but it did helped me shift some stubborn weight quickly.

shmmeee

The blood sugar diet is only a temporary plan and not supposed to be maintained. It's actually meant to reverse type 2 diabetes and isn't really aimed at the typical dieter but it did helped me shift some stubborn weight quickly.

They all have their place. I was talking to a woman that swears keto did wonders for her sons epilepsy and to be fair it did significantly improve.

I honestly think the gut is like the mind in terms of how little we understand. I also suspect a large amount of it, even if it’s a predilection for sugary/fatty food, is genetic/mental. Obesity has got some ridiculous recidivism rate Americans struggle with long-term weight loss

fellatio_Martinez

I honestly think the gut is like the mind in terms of how little we understand. I also suspect a large amount of it, even if it’s a predilection for sugary/fatty food, is genetic/mental. Obesity has got some ridiculous recidivism rate Americans struggle with long-term weight loss

I have been seeing more evidence recently that the gut plays a key role in our physical and mental well being. I've been taking probiotics but there's lots of evidence to suggest that they in themselves don't work to anywhere near the extent that the companies selling them suggest they do.

I remember reading somewhere online a few years ago that weight issues are so deeply ingrained into some of our minds that most people don't figure it out until they're in their 70s.

That was a depressing read.

Covstu

I am someone who weighed myself one xmas and was horrified to be 16st2 (around 102kg)..... and now walk round around 80kg (about 12 and a half stone)....

If you want it to be a permanent loss of weight then it has to be a permanent change to your diet or lifestyle... fad diets don’t work in the long run.... no offence to whoever posted above, but stuff like 800 calories a day is not maintainable...

In my opinion it needs to be something that can be maintained... for me I didn’t mind feeling a bit hungry during the day, so had (and still have) a minimal breakfast (couple of spoonfuls of Greek yoghurt etc)..... and keep lunch and tea very sensible.... but the trade off is I have my largest meal of the day around 8:30pm as not prepared to try and get to sleep whilst hungry. This works well for me as I usually do my training in the evening so I’m starving when i get home.

not saying that’s the best way for everyone, but you’ve got to find what suits your life and can be maintained in the long term.

I’m no expert but I lost weight myself, and gained a fair bit of knowledge through experience, through “making weight” for kickboxing....

Totally agree about water weight.... it flies off the first week or so, but yes much of that is water... your body needs water for digestion, and when you’re dieting it needs less so you piss it out.... which is why you might notice yourself pissing like the proverbial racehorse the first few days of lower calories...
Agree with this in the main, Any diet and exercise needs to be maintained rather than over reaching. Cutting out simple things can make such a difference and going walking every day rather than trying to get to the gym would make equal impact on weight loss, you then get used to it and that turns to jogging (or a class). I generally wipe out January as I have that much crap still in the cupboards from Christmas it’s just too tempting, plus cycling is usually off the cards due to weather.

covcity4life

They all have their place. I was talking to a woman that swears keto did wonders for her sons epilepsy and to be fair it did significantly improve.

depression can cause food allergies so it is all linked it seems

Sky_Blue_Daz

I have been seeing more evidence recently that the gut plays a key role in our physical and mental well being. I've been taking probiotics but there's lots of evidence to suggest that they in themselves don't work to anywhere near the extent that the companies selling them suggest they do.

I remember reading somewhere online a few years ago that weight issues are so deeply ingrained into some of our minds that most people don't figure it out until they're in their 70s.

I’ve decided to give up reading ;)

fatso

You want to cut down on your reading fella!

Sky_Blue_Daz

I plan on knocking the beer on the head from Monday for 5 weeks hopefully that’ll shift a bit

Sick Boy

Been doing intermittent fasting, no booze and plenty of boxing sparring since 1st Jan and feel much better for it.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just finishing a nightshift then I’m off to the gym
giphy.gif

LastGarrison

Deciding not to weigh myself regularly and just judge it by how I’m feeling and how clothes are fitting etc.

Most days I’m doing ‘no carbs’ and by that I mean no bread, potatoes, rice, crisps etc. and still off the booze (although that’s going west on Saturday!!).

Back to three boot camps a week and even played 5 aside tonight and then went boot camp straight after so my legs are in bits and the poor old dog is getting walked to death!!!

Have to say already feeling mentally and physically better. Just need to keep the consistency now and not slip back into old ways.

Last edited:

larry_david

5 lbs down last week. 3 footy games a week and stopped eating bread.

This week will be interesting as only 1 game and I was on the voddie Monday

Users who are viewing this thread