Looong shot. (1 Viewer)

covan

I've bought 4 tickets for Crewe away. Missed one mate out as I thought someone else was getting it for him. As they didn't I'm not going to hear the end of it. If anyone has a drop out or spare they want to sell for £30 pm me.

Cheers

singers_pore

Surely it would be worth someone going over to crewe to buy a couple of dozen tickets and then sell them at face value (plyus hassle costs) to Cov fans.

skyblue1991

Isn't it illegal to sell sports tickets for more than face value? Tut tut ;)

See I think its a bit of a grey area this ticket touting malarky:

Convo 1:

Me: I have a spare ticket for Crewe, its yours for £30
Parson 1: I'll take it, cheers!

Thats touting in my opinion.

Convo 2:

Me: I have a spare ticket for Crewe
Person 1: I'll buy it - £30
Me: Ok done.

That to me is perfectly fine, purely because I didn't decide the price.

LastGarrison

See I think its a bit of a grey area this ticket touting malarky:

Convo 1:

Me: I have a spare ticket for Crewe, its yours for £30
Parson 1: I'll take it, cheers!

Thats touting in my opinion.

Convo 2:

Me: I have a spare ticket for Crewe
Person 1: I'll buy it - £30
Me: Ok done.

That to me is perfectly fine, purely because I didn't decide the price.
Yeah that will definitely hold up in a court of Law.

Wonder why none of the other touts have ever thought about using that before. :thinking about:

LastGarrison

Why would a situation the convo number 2 says ever go to court? :confused: Both parties are happy!

Because it is still classed as ticket touting!!! What you are saying is semantics, it is still exactly the same!!!

If you offer it to the guy for £30 and he says yes. Then he is clearly happy. There is NO difference in what you are saying.

Little blurb explaining it all a bit further.....

Touts will often try to sell tickets outside football grounds at inflated prices. However, resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994. This Act stipulates that it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match or otherwise dispose of such a ticket to another person.
However, touts began to find ways around this legislation, for example, by selling other types of merchandise at an inflated price with the inclusion of a ‘free’ match ticket. Consequently, this Act has been amended by section 53 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. This imposes the following restrictions in relation to the resale of football tickets:

• newspapers cannot carry advertising for ticket touts;
  • touts are prevented from claiming that a match ticket comes ‘free’ with another product;
  • section 166 will apply to people offering tickets with a wider/hospitality package and people who provide tickets to touts.
If someone is convicted of ticket touting at football matches under UK law, they may be liable to a fine of up to £5,000 and have a football banning order imposed upon them.

skyblue1991

Because it is still classed as ticket touting!!! What you are saying is semantics, it is still exactly the same!!!

If you offer it to the guy for £30 and he says yes. Then he is clearly happy. There is NO difference in what you are saying.

Little blurb explaining it all a bit further.....

Touts will often try to sell tickets outside football grounds at inflated prices. However, resale of football tickets is illegal under section 166 Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994. This Act stipulates that it is an offence for an unauthorised person to sell a ticket for a designated football match or otherwise dispose of such a ticket to another person.
However, touts began to find ways around this legislation, for example, by selling other types of merchandise at an inflated price with the inclusion of a ‘free’ match ticket. Consequently, this Act has been amended by section 53 of the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. This imposes the following restrictions in relation to the resale of football tickets:

• newspapers cannot carry advertising for ticket touts;
  • touts are prevented from claiming that a match ticket comes ‘free’ with another product;
  • section 166 will apply to people offering tickets with a wider/hospitality package and people who provide tickets to touts.
If someone is convicted of ticket touting at football matches under UK law, they may be liable to a fine of up to £5,000 and have a football banning order imposed upon them.

To be honest with my example of Convo 2 yes its against the law but I have absoltely no problem with that in football.

It was just a matter of opinion. Maybe I shouldve explained a bit clearer :facepalm:

n1xon

What if you was given the opportunity to "win" a ticket for £30? Say flip a coin on it and say they suggest you pick heads? ;-)

Macca

In fairness if someone is prepared to pay that much for a ticket to Crewe fair enough. Let them have one last bit of fun before they are sectioned

chiefdave

on the subject of touting saw an advert at Tottenahm for StubHub, thought it was a bit odd as that's a resale site. Seems that you can tout so long as you do it through the clubs official resale partner so that they get a cut. don't really see the difference myself and surely any regular tout can sign up and sell through those sites.

SkyBlueUkeman

on the subject of touting saw an advert at Tottenahm for StubHub, thought it was a bit odd as that's a resale site. Seems that you can tout so long as you do it through the clubs official resale partner so that they get a cut. don't really see the difference myself and surely any regular tout can sign up and sell through those sites.

Exactly, it's all a big con. Also, Ticketmasters 'official ticket reseller' seat wave is a load of shite. For example, for a ricoh concert, When tickets go on sale, ticket master will automatically ship thousands of tickets straight to seatwave and bump up the prices. Same goes for ViaGoGo and probably for StubHub.

I know it's a bit off tangent, but it's something that really pisses me off. Seeing football teams starting to partner with resale sites makes my blood run a bit cold.

Users who are viewing this thread