Looking For Loan Strikers!!!!!!! According to the Coventry Telegraph (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
But he is not an Honest person don't you know.
Some on here have a fixation with him and are always waiting for him to fall.

I agree, I remember lots of people literally "worshipping" him and singing theres only one joe elliott. It is up there with fixation.

Nick

Administrator
Whilst at the same time 'Lording SISU '

Who's ever literally done the worshipping actions to Tim Fisher?

People get excited over Joe Elliott because he sang SISU out with the fans, he was the bloke who drove round taking shares to bring them in, he was one of the blokes who wanted to shut the academy.

The same as Nikki Sinclaire was a hero until she wasn't shouting SISU out all the time.

bawtryneal

I can't stand the bloke.

Always white knighted by a fair amount of fans yet he was the reason we were sold to SISU.

Great logic that.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Good job SISU bought us and good on Joe Elliot or we would not exist now in current format.We were 48 hours from liquidation. Short memories some of you.

Grendel

Good job SISU bought us and good on Joe Elliot or we would not exist now in current format.We were 48 hours from liquidation. Short memories some of you.

No we were 48 hours from administration.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Ahh....only one day away from your arms

[video=youtube;zugy2rkSM7g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zugy2rkSM7g[/video]

torchomatic

Yeah, he went to my Dad's house to get his shares in person.

People get excited over Joe Elliott because he sang SISU out with the fans, he was the bloke who drove round taking shares to bring them in, he was one of the blokes who wanted to shut the academy.

The same as Nikki Sinclaire was a hero until she wasn't shouting SISU out all the time.

shy_tall_knight

Today's winner of the most dramatic post. Do you honestly believe we were that close, what other "major" football club has been liquidated to the extent that they no longer exist. Rangers still exist, Palace came close a few times, Bolton were bought out etc..

SISU were not our saivours just opportunists, poor businessmen with no coherent strategy.

bawtryneal

Today's winner of the most dramatic post. Do you honestly believe we were that close, what other "major" football club has been liquidated to the extent that they no longer exist. Rangers still exist, Palace came close a few times, Bolton were bought out etc..

SISU were not our saivours just opportunists, poor businessmen with no coherent strategy.

I believe we would have been liquidated and reappeared in some non league division. That is what i was told by some people who were extremely close to the deal at the time. Maybe no "major" clubs have been liquidated but lots of smaller clubs like Chester,Newport, Aldershot and as you say Glasgow Rangers. Who else was in a position to take over at that point. I am no SISU lover and will be glad when they leave the club but you have to give them credit for saving the club at that point. Opportunistic or not they were there. Nobody else was to be seen !!!!

Brylowes

Argh . Nikki Sinclair couldn't stand that bloke.

Brylowes

Accrington Stanley. :thinking about:

shy_tall_knight

I believe we would have been liquidated and reappeared in some non league division. That is what i was told by some people who were extremely close to the deal at the time. Maybe no "major" clubs have been liquidated but lots of smaller clubs like Chester,Newport, Aldershot and as you say Glasgow Rangers. Who else was in a position to take over at that point. I am no SISU lover and will be glad when they leave the club but you have to give them credit for saving the club at that point. Opportunistic or not they were there. Nobody else was to be seen !!!!

We'll never know, usually the administration process there are some potential buyers flushed out but SISU were prepared to take on a loss making club with no assets and plenty of debt - no wonder that the were the only show in town. As I said no major club has gone out of existence and very confident we wouldn't have gone out of business our major creditors were 2 directors and the Co-op bank - neither of them stood to gain from liquidation.

SISU just delayed the inevitable relegation and having held the club hostage in Sixfields are doing the same with lower league football, the club will remain there until they win their court cases or there is a millionaire buy out.

Nick

Administrator
Why would we have been liquidated?

Grendel

There is some merit to what he is saying.

It's worth noting the councils role in this. Two other parties were interested in the club - one if it went into administration - but the council and Higgs didn't want to consider either. They wanted sisu as they did not want ownership at all of the stadium or the management company.

So it probably would have been very difficult to see any other buyer as the ones who attempted to negotiate with the council were hugely scathing about the council and it's partner.

It's worth noting PWKH saying once on here fisher was the best chairman he'd dealt with in 20 years. It tells you a lot.

It is possible, in fact probable, no one would be able to deal with the council. Then ACL - only existing with sisu paying the bloated rent - also would have gone down.

We would then have had no owner and no ground

No club.

chiefdave

We obviously don't know what would have happened but our administration would have been slightly different as prior to the SISU takeover KMPG came in and to all intents and purposes ran the administration process to find another buyer but as a large amount of debt was internal to the club (e.g.: Robinson) we didn't formally go into administration so as to not get a points deduction.

The conclusion some people made from that is that there were no further potential owners so if the SISU deal wasn't completed we'd be in a very difficult position.

Of course we don't know that there wasn't somebody waiting in the wings should SISU have failed.

chiefdave

Two other parties were interested in the club

I remember someone from the council, probably Mutton (was he in charge at the time?), going right off on one of the potential owners on CWR as they wanted to develop land around the Ricoh. He said something about it being a football stadium not a development opportunity.

Of course there then followed years of the council moaning that the area around the Ricoh wasn't being developed :facepalm:

shy_tall_knight

But real administration is totally different to pretend administration.

If in 2007 we had gone into adminitration then there is a clear transparent process to be followed with all potential parties having access to the same financial information etc.. The Council would have had to be flexible as liquidation risked the stadium being a white elephant so IMO the rental would have been negotiable - all things in business are. With SISU playing the role of the big spenders, they didn't even discuss a rent reduction other potential buyers would have backed off as how do you compete with a buyer who is paying for a loss making company with no assets and lots of debt but isn't bothered as they have Operation Premiership Part 2.

We'll never know but we wouldn't have been liquadated - there would have been a buyer just one with more commercial acumen.

Grendel

But real administration is totally different to pretend administration.

If in 2007 we had gone into adminitration then there is a clear transparent process to be followed with all potential parties having access to the same financial information etc.. The Council would have had to be flexible as liquidation risked the stadium being a white elephant so IMO the rental would have been negotiable - all things in business are. With SISU playing the role of the big spenders, they didn't even discuss a rent reduction other potential buyers would have backed off as how do you compete with a buyer who is paying for a loss making company with no assets and lots of debt but isn't bothered as they have Operation Premiership Part 2.

We'll never know but we wouldn't have been liquadated - there would have been a buyer just one with more commercial acumen.

The council would never have been flexible as they were on a glory trip. The guy fronting ACL at the time (can't remember his name) hated the club being there as he thought we were an albatross round the stadiums neck.

shy_tall_knight

The council would never have been flexible as they were on a glory trip. The guy fronting ACL at the time (can't remember his name) hated the club being there as he thought we were an albatross round the stadiums neck.

Maybe but money talks and bul..... if in Dec 2007 we had gone into administration and the rental payments had dried up ACL would have been forced to act differently like they did in 2014 when they signed up WASPS. The club in admin ACL insisting on £1.2M rent p.a. there would have been genuine pressure on CCC/Higgs/ACL to cut a deal

letsallsingtogether

Any way back to the subject.
Strikers.....
Well to be fair we need at least 2 and it would be better if we brought them instead of all these loans.
A new keeper and the defence needs to be filled with a few killer types no nonsense defenders.

edgy

Any way back to the subject.
Strikers.....
Well to be fair we need at least 2 and it would be better if we brought them instead of all these loans.
A new keeper and the defence needs to be filled with a few killer types no nonsense defenders.

What if the loans available are better than the ones we can afford to buy?
We don't need a new keeper.

Brylowes

What if the loans available are better than the ones we can afford to buy?
We don't need a new keeper.
Agree, with a season under his belt RCC could be one of the best next season, my only
worry with him is if he moves on.

skybluetony176

Agree, with a season under his belt RCC could be one of the best next season, my only
worry with him is if he moves on.

He'll probably play a blinder until January when we'll sell him and loan him back for the remainder of the season to a club who's relegation fodder in the premier league on the cheap and he'll then become a shadow of the player he was for the remainder of the season. It's the Coventry way.

Nick

Administrator
He'll probably play a blinder until January when we'll sell him and loan him back for the remainder of the season to a club who's relegation fodder in the premier league on the cheap and he'll then become a shadow of the player he was for the remainder of the season. It's the Coventry way.
Why, who's that happened to?

Nick

Administrator
Nick pretending to be stupid again when someone holds those at the top responsible. If nothing else you're predictably.
No I was just wondering which player has had a blinding first half then is sold and is no good?

It's not pretending to be stupid, it's a genuine observation.

Wilson wasn't loaned back.

Grendel

No I was just wondering which player has had a blinding first half then is sold and is no good?

It's not pretending to be stupid, it's a genuine observation.

Wilson wasn't loaned back.

No I thought Wilson. Can't see who on earth he's talking about.

SkyBlueZack

Maddison of course. Blinding first 3 games. Then injured for 3 months. That is what tony calls a blinding first half of the season. So you accuse nick of being stupid to defend the owners yet you are being stupid to have a go at the owners? Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

Nick

Administrator
Maddison of course. Blinding first 3 games. Then injured for 3 months. That is what tony calls a blinding first half of the season. So you accuse nick of being stupid to defend the owners yet you are being stupid to have a go at the owners? Isn't it ironic? Don't you think?

Ah Maddison, the one who has had maybe 3 or 4 good games all season.

Yes he has scored a good free kick and a couple of good goals, but blinding first half of the season? He hasn't done much else other than dive about.

Fortune has more assists.

The only difference is that the #jm10 glasses came off when he was sold and more people noticed the things that happened before.

If it was Armstrong I could understand, as he was on fire the first half of the season then dipped.

Users who are viewing this thread