London (1 Viewer)

skyblue_goddess

Hi all

I'm going to be spending the next two weeks in London with work and I've never been there for any length of time before, so I have no idea what there is to do at night (don't want to be stuck in a hotel room for a fortnight)!

Anybody have any good suggestions?
:D

Bluegirl

Well obviously there's a miriad of West End shows to see....if youre on your own there's a good chance you would get single seat to most of them.
It might be worth going to see the Tutenkamun exhibition at the O2 Arena - Im planning to go myself at some point - having been to the last one as a schoolgirl and seeing very little as we were rushing through it to get out the other side and have a fag lol.
There are some fantastic places to eat....some amazing bars and clubs......it has to be the best place ever for a different place to go every night.
BG

skyblue_goddess

Thanks BG, I'm really excited actually but panicking about the fact that I've got no money left and don't get paid until next Friday lol. The first few nights will be crap :lol: :lol:

The Tutenkamun exhibition sounds fantastic, I'll definitely go to that one! I was hoping to see a West End show, just trying to decide which one to go to :) xx

Bluegirl

There are bound to be a few places you can go for free -Google something like 'free places of interest in London' you will probably find that art galeries and museums stay open late - Im sure you'll have a good time...just remember to stay safe...there are a lot of pickpockets and bag snatchers around - I was robbed on Embankment tube station a few years back and they actually sliced the bottom of my bag with a Stanley knife....I didnt even realise my purse had gone until I went to get it out at Euston!
BG

skyblue_goddess

Thanks hun that's a really good idea, and thanks for the other suggestions too :)

That's terrible about your bag though, what did u do? I don't care so much about my purse because I'm skint and it's got nothing in it except some old bus tickets lol. I don't want my bag being sliced apart with a stanley knife though, it's bloody Chloe lol, cost me a fortune!

I don't think I'll be able to avoid the tube though will I, not for a whole fortnight :-(

Bluegirl

Would you believe I went back to Embankment to look??? :eek: :roll:
I left my mum and kids at Euston....my purse had our return train tickets in..... - I had an idea that they may have disguarded the purse in a bin.....and that the tickets might still be in there - nope...but I did get rather nervous coz the station was pretty deserted when I went back (what a prat!) :roll: :|
However - I got back the pics a library card and a few other things that were in there some time later - a nice lady found my purse on the floor not far from the station...my address was in there - and she mailed my stuff back to me.....partly restoring my faith in human nature.
Tell you what tho...I rarely carry a handbag when I do touristy stuff... I always wear jeans and all my dosh etc goes in the front pockets!!!!
If I think of anything else I'll let you know
BG :)

Jay

SkyBlue Godess,

I recommend the Queen Mary pub. It is on a boat moored next to that Cleopatra's needle. Nearest tube station is Embankment I think (no dodgy wallet snatching shennanigans went on with me though).

For food, there are some nice restaurants around Covent Graden.

Of course, if you get bored i would gladly be an obliging gent and talk CCFC with you for a few hours over a drink or two to kill some time. :lol: :D

skyblue_goddess

Thanks Jay hehe :lol: :lol:

I'm hoping to go and see Dancing on Ice Live while I'm there lol, I haven't looked up the dates and times yet though :)

Users who are viewing this thread