Lockdown Days Out (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Got a week off at the end of the month that I’d originally booked to take my kids to Europe, but passport delays and quarantine rules and my house purchase have scuppered that.

Said I’d take them on a couple of days out instead. They’re aged 5 and 10, both girls. One says she wants to go to the beach which I assume is no problem (happy for suggestions of family beaches we can do in a day from Cov though), other says she wants to go to London for the day (is anything even open?).

Anyone know where I can find what’s open where or have any ideas for family days out at the moment?

Nick

Administrator
London would be madness, saying that I hate busy places like that at the best of times. Especially if you get the tube etc :(

shmmeee

London would be madness, saying that I hate busy places like that at the best of times. Especially if you get the tube etc :(

Yeah got to be honest I’m looking for a reason to knock it on the head.

That said went to Brum Primark at the weekend at her request and was dreading it but it was quieter than I’ve ever seen it.

shmmeee

Camping an option? Can get out of Cov for a bit, somewhere near enough for a beach and a decent city, South Wales would be my recommendation.

Maybe. I’m yet to convince the girls of the wonder of camping but I’ll keep trying!

Nick

Administrator
Maybe. I’m yet to convince the girls of the wonder of camping but I’ll keep trying!

Have a look on Groupon for the Glamping type things, the teepee wooden huts.

This sort of thing.

Marty

what about the sea life centre, Legoland, Drayton Manor, Blackpool for a couple of days? beach, theme parks, arcades, loads for the kids to do. Most of the rock shops have a rock making thing which is pritty good and they always give loads of freebies.

shmmeee

what about the sea life centre, Legoland, Drayton Manor, Blackpool for a couple of days? beach, theme parks, arcades, loads for the kids to do. Most of the rock shops have a rock making thing which is pritty good and they always give loads of freebies.

Are they all open? (Legoland and stuff)

chiefdave

Cliff Lakes in Tamworth might be an easier option than a beach.

West Mids Safari Park and the Black Country Museum are a couple of the big ones locally that haven’t been mentioned.

SBT

Yeah got to be honest I’m looking for a reason to knock it on the head.

That said went to Brum Primark at the weekend at her request and was dreading it but it was quieter than I’ve ever seen it.

London is as quiet as it's ever been. Not sure what's open, but it's as good a time as any to see the sights outdoors. And very easy to get around without taking the tube.

Ian1779

Longleat was a really good day out. The drive through part is excellent, and their is a river cruise to see hippo, sea lions and chimpanzees - well worth the hour queue to get on the boat. They’ve been sensible with what’s open too, so the indoor exhibits and shut and everything is well spaced out.

Skybluefaz

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Severn Valley Railway. Great day out on a steam train. Stop off at any station en-route, then just hop on again. Not far to travel either. Kidderminster. It's something they can experience about how we travelled in the past. (well, I did, anyway!)

publican1990

Cotswold wildlife park is worth a visit, mostly outdoors too. Could combine it with a visit to Bourton on the Water which is about 25 minutes away, there you can visit Birdland, only place in England you can see King penguins I believe.

Badger

I saw the Tower of London is open and is the quietest it has ever been and also the London Eye. There are no foreign tourists so it might a good time to visit the attractions that are open. I don't know which museums are open but you have to wear a mask so some must be. I would guess everything needs booking in advance.

My grandkids like www.warwickdc.gov.uk/info/20311/major_parks/501/st_nicholas_park www.minimeadowsfarm.com and Twycross as previously mentioned

Sbarcher

Just got back after a couple of days in the New Forest with grandkids. Hired bikes from Burley and had some wonderful rides through the forest, 90% on gravel pathways when you get off the road. We had a great time. If the girls are confident bike riders, I really recommend it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just got back after a couple of days in the New Forest with grandkids. Hired bikes from Burley and had some wonderful rides through the forest, 90% on gravel pathways when you get off the road. We had a great time. If the girls are confident bike riders, I really recommend it.

Does Kay not earn enough presenting Sky News? Didn't she complain about the gravel though? Can't be comfortable and might get places you don't want!

Users who are viewing this thread