Local media are truly shocking (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Our club is dying!!

Do something to hold those responsible to account before it's too late. Please!!

Last edited:

skybluedan

Be good to have someone in a bit of power to say something, bit wierd but someone like alex Ferguson

italiahorse

Our club is dying!!

Do sometjing to hold those responsible to account before it's too late. Please!!

They are frightened to challenge Sisu.
CWR and CET only pick up on the non controversial stories.
The headlines are always better than the stories.

TheOldFive

To be fair to the local media it isn't actually their remit to curry favour one way or another.
1f1490f59af9d80d92d05eec0115f111.jpg

torchomatic

A poll. That's what we need.

The Gentleman

Are you on about Italiahorse or the CT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I don't know about the two you mentioned but they seem to get plenty of mentions from lots of other posters on here to keep their name in the 'spotlight'.

ccfcway

I don't know about the two you mentioned but they seem to get plenty of mentions from lots of other posters on here to keep their name in the 'spotlight'.

in no way, shape or form am i interested in wasps, but on bbc new tonight they reported 20 or so thousand there today. Not confirmed that, but if thats the case, why would they need to be kept in the "spotlight" on here ?

The Gentleman

in no way, shape or form am i interested in wasps, but on bbc new tonight they reported 20 or so thousand there today. Not confirmed that, but if thats the case, why would they need to be kept in the "spotlight" on here ?

Don't know, ask the people who endlessly bring them up on here despite most times it not even being the topic on thread.

ccfcway

Don't know, ask the people who endlessly bring them up on here despite most times it not even being the topic on thread.

its died down on here. They played today and i only found out they were playing by reading CET this morning and watching sky new tonight who mentioned the attendance and result.

Having said that, if ricoh had a concert with 20k+ at it, you would have known about it, so i can see why local media etc would be all over it

TheOldFive

Wasps at the Ricoh is great. Much better than watching Coventry City at the moment. Or, just as fun right now follow Cov RFC, what an adventure they are having and if you haven't tried it The Butts is a great experience right in the heart of our City. Get into Rugby and go watch at least until Sisu sling their hook. Nothing to do with loyalty just a proactive NOPM. As valid a form of protest as boycotting Sixfields or Hilling was. Just more enjoyable if you can get into Rugby Union. We could become THE Rugby City of England with our facilities, transport links and location, and a wide support base transplanted from our former interest in football. Can't wait for Wasps Sky Blue Away Kit for next Season.

M&B Stand

You should've put CWR on, they have taken Rugby to their hearts. Don't know if it's editorial or the presenters, but it's clear they think Wasps are now the number one sporting 'franchise' in the city.

stupot07

Wasps at the Ricoh is great. Much better than watching Coventry City at the moment. Or, just as fun right now follow Cov RFC, what an adventure they are having and if you haven't tried it The Butts is a great experience right in the heart of our City. Get into Rugby and go watch at least until Sisu sling their hook. Nothing to do with loyalty just a proactive NOPM. As valid a form of protest as boycotting Sixfields or Hilling was. Just more enjoyable if you can get into Rugby Union. We could become THE Rugby City of England with our facilities, transport links and location, and a wide support base transplanted from our former interest in football. Can't wait for Wasps Sky Blue Away Kit for next Season.

Right let me test the logic here:

- going to Sixfields caused irreparable damage as people "got out of the habit of going" and now "found something better to do" on their Saturday's and won't come back because they have "gotten out of the habit" of going.
- going to Sixfields caused us to lose a generation of young sky blue fans, because they didn't get the chance to go and watch us.

So surely encouraging sky blue fans to boycott ccfc and go and watch wasps, "get into rugby", and become "THE city of rugby" is going to do more damage than 1 season away at Sixfields?

Sisu aren't going to go anytime soon, so what we boycott ccfc, get ST's/go regularly to wasps for the next 3-5+ years, take our young kids with us? What happens when Sisu leave and we get new owners?
- we would have further "got out the habit" of going, so are unlikely to return
- our kids will now be big rugby and wasps fans, so we really would have lost a generation of fans
- most fans can only afford ST's/regular attend one club - after 3-5+ years away from ccfc and attending wasps, who do you think they will choose, especially as their kids will be now wasps than ccfc
- it completely strengthens wasps negotiating position and weakens ours if a new owner comes in and wants to negotiate lower rent/more revenue. Wasps definitely won't need us as they'd have picked up the majority of our fan base
- the city will be "THE city of Rugby", we'll have strengthened that, and the football club with its 130+ years of heritage will be further down the list of the cities priorities.

IMO is is exactly what wasps were hoping for, picking off our disaffected fans.

People are free to do what they want but to actively encourage a boycott and a jump on the wasps bandwagon will cause damage far beyond 1 season at Sixfields. #hypocrisy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Otis

Right let me test the logic here:

- going to Sixfields caused irreparable damage as people "got out of the habit of going" and now "found something better to do" on their Saturday's and won't come back because they have "gotten out of the habit" of going.
- going to Sixfields caused us to lose a generation of young sky blue fans, because they didn't get the chance to go and watch us.

So surely encouraging sky blue fans to boycott ccfc and go and watch wasps, "get into rugby", and become "THE city of rugby" is going to do more damage than 1 season away at Sixfields?

Sisu aren't going to go anytime soon, so what we boycott ccfc, get ST's/go regularly to wasps for the next 3-5+ years, take our young kids with us? What happens when Sisu leave and we get new owners?
- we would have further "got out the habit" of going, so are unlikely to return
- our kids will now be big rugby and wasps fans, so we really would have lost a generation of fans
- most fans can only afford ST's/regular attend one club - after 3-5+ years away from ccfc and attending wasps, who do you think they will choose, especially as their kids will be now wasps than ccfc
- it completely strengthens wasps negotiating position and weakens ours if a new owner comes in and wants to negotiate lower rent/more revenue. Wasps definitely won't need us as they'd have picked up the majority of our fan base
- the city will be "THE city of Rugby", we'll have strengthened that, and the football club with its 130+ years of heritage will be further down the list of the cities priorities.

IMO is is exactly what wasps were hoping for, picking off our disaffected fans.

People are free to do what they want but to actively encourage a boycott and a jump on the wasps bandwagon will cause damage far beyond 1 season at Sixfields. #hypocrisy

I read that post as overt sarcasm Stu. Maybe it's just me.

stupot07

I read that post as overt sarcasm Stu. Maybe it's just me.

I don't know what you mean Otis ;)

However, some of what I have written are legitimate concerns.

Evo1883

Its ok , when the club does eventually die (which is the way its going ) we can start a new club fan owned and make sure none of these scumbags EVER get within a nats breath of the new club going forward , too busy tossing off the wasps to care about actual coventry teams.
so many people need a good fucking shoeing overthe ccfc /ccc debacle of recent years aswel

Last edited:

mrtrench

I agree that the CET journalists are poor (Simon excepted) but I suspect that their hands are tied by policy. They have to trot out several hundred words on CCFC every day. If they lost access it would be a disaster, so they play to game and don't sacrifice their bread and butter for one scoop.

TheOldFive

Is it hypocrisy or disloyalty for an abused partner to leave an abusive spouse if they continually repeatedly engage in abusive behaviour? Admittedly a crass comparison but such hyperbolic extremes are necessary to shake folk from this zombified sleepwalking acceptance of Sisu's abuse of us all. Shall we take a poll about that one?

I don't know what your #hypocrisy alludes to it can't apply to telling the truth surely?

FACT: Wasps own the Ricoh now, it's their home and the Sky Blues are renting guests. Support Wasps and support Sport in Coventry. In time they will great ambassadors and representatives of excellence in our City.

FACT: Support for Rugby in the City is on the rise, Football in decline. Largely due to the quality and standard of experience on offer, and that the major football club's owners have destroyed any relevant goodwill from the Fanbase.

FACT: All The Damage to CCFC is largely done. Sixfields happened, the football attendances are in terminal decline and will not possibly return without a reversal of fortunes on the pitch, a change of owners, or more likely both. No fault of fans.

FACT: It's no disloyalty to abandon Coventry City Football Club and become a former supporter until things change given the current circumstances. Loyalty may be permanent, but however painful it might seem it can be suspended in desperate times if that's what's needed to encourage long term change.

So go support The Rugby in the meantime, or permanently if the Football Club is beyond salvaging from the rocks that Sisu have crashed it upon.

My opinion coloured by the facts as I see them. Sure others may see differently but it's a free country to do so. Personally I will stick with the Sky Blues because that's my personal preference regardless of where or who or at what level we play or who owns us, and I also don't like Rugby. But I can see the attraction of alternatives for others and say fair play to them.

Last edited:

stupot07

Coventry #homeofthebandwagon

SkyBlue_Bear83

Is it hypocrisy or disloyalty for an abused partner to leave an abusive spouse if they continually repeatedly engage in abusive behaviour? Admittedly a crass comparison but such hyperbolic extremes are necessary to shake folk from this zombified sleepwalking acceptance of Sisu's abuse of us all. Shall we take a poll about that one?

I don't know what your #hypocrisy alludes to it can't apply to telling the truth surely?

FACT: Wasps own the Ricoh now, it's their home and the Sky Blues are renting guests. Support Wasps and support Sport in Coventry. In time they will great ambassadors and representatives of excellence in our City.

FACT: Support for Rugby in the City is on the rise, Football in decline. Largely due to the quality and standard of experience on offer, and that the major football club's owners have destroyed any relevant goodwill from the Fanbase.

FACT: All The Damage to CCFC is largely done. Sixfields happened, the football attendances are in terminal decline and will not possibly return without a reversal of fortunes on the pitch, a change of owners, or more likely both. No fault of fans.

FACT: It's no disloyalty to abandon Coventry City Football Club and become a former supporter until things change given the current circumstances. Loyalty may be permanent, but however painful it might seem it can be suspended in desperate times if that's what's needed to encourage long term change.

So go support The Rugby in the meantime, or permanently if the Football Club is beyond salvaging from the rocks that Sisu have crashed it upon.

My opinion coloured by the facts as I see them. Sure others may see differently but it's a free country to do so. Personally I will stick with the Sky Blues because that's my personal preference regardless of where or who or at what level we play or who owns us, and I also don't like Rugby. But I can see the attraction of alternatives for others and say fair play to them.

If the people of Coventry want to become a Rugby city and support Rugby over football then so be it, but then they have no right to complain how shit the football team are. If in 20 years time, long after SISU have left CCFC are only getting 1k in the conference whilst Wasps continue to flourish then we will have no one to blame other than the people of Coventry.

And a better analogy would be, would you (fans) leave your partner (CCFC) because they have abusive parents (SISU).

mrtrench

I thought he meant Joe Orton. Who was it supposed to be then?

(this is a line from 'Ruffian on the Stair')

Users who are viewing this thread