Local elections 2014 (1 Viewer)

Monkeyface

Local elections 2014 and CCFC

As I'm typing this, I'm already mentally preparing myself for public ridicule, but here goes nothing!

Recent events at our club have caused a massive division between our fans, the name calling etc was one thing, but the incident at Sixfields at the weekend was a step to far.

If I'm right I think a lot of the problems are misunderstanding... we all know that SISU are not alone in causing this mess and that the council, ACL and previous owners have all played their part. This has lead to the current stalemate and the club ultimately playing outside of Coventry, a move which the majority of fans, myself included, refuse to back and choose to stay away, yet still understand its not one sided. Some of us however, have choosen to continue to back the team, these fans also understand its not one sided.

It seems that each side of our own fans feels the other doesn't understand what's going on, and are only making things worse. This isn't the case, it just there's only one forum of protest at the minute.

So how can we put pressure on the council to do what's needed and get our club back in its home city?

Well at first I thought we could threaten a protest vote, but you couldn't measure support for that until the day. So, how about putting somebody forward as an independent? It sounds far fetched I know, but how far fetched would the idea of us playing in Northampton have seemed, even a year ago?!

I'm now off to bed to await my public humiliation...

Last edited:

jimmyhill

I suggest Tim Fisher, think of all the angles! It would certainly bring fresh life back to politics and this Forum.

Users who are viewing this thread