Local councillors (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

Fear not, this isn't about the Ricoh. Just had a prospective local councillor at the door and was astonished at how unprepared they were for a simple question about probably the most talked about issue locally.

I'm over in Finham and there are plans for new houses, which are desperately needed. As always the nimbys are out in full force so I would expect a prospective councillor to have an answer ready to go. All I asked was if not in the proposed located what was their alternative proposal to meet housing demand in the area.

After a look of total panic the response was that's not down to them, that's down to the council. An odd response when you're asking someone to vote for you to be a local councillor!

Anyone else had dealings with their actual or prospective local councillors, good or bad? Are they all as useless as mine?

olderskyblue

Fear not, this isn't about the Ricoh. Just had a prospective local councillor at the door and was astonished at how unprepared they were for a simple question about probably the most talked about issue locally.

I'm over in Finham and there are plans for new houses, which are desperately needed. As always the nimbys are out in full force so I would expect a prospective councillor to have an answer ready to go. All I asked was if not in the proposed located what was their alternative proposal to meet housing demand in the area.

After a look of total panic the response was that's not down to them, that's down to the council. An odd response when you're asking someone to vote for you to be a local councillor!

Anyone else had dealings with their actual or prospective local councillors, good or bad? Are they all as useless as mine?

He'll fit in well with the current lot then... ;)

Mcbean

Chief Dave don’t worry you can have some of ours - idiots are building about a 1000 ( to add to the other 1500 ) in South Warwickshire - no jobs ,a B road , a bus service with the last one back at 7.20 - wrong place wrong type - don’t get me wrong they are putting a shop and a school in and they will need a surgery - is it surprising that sales are slow

OffenhamSkyBlue

Chief Dave don’t worry you can have some of ours - idiots are building about a 1000 ( to add to the other 1500 ) in South Warwickshire - no jobs ,a B road , a bus service with the last one back at 7.20 - wrong place wrong type - don’t get me wrong they are putting a shop and a school in and they will need a surgery - is it surprising that sales are slow
Is that the Long Marston development, McBean?
It'll all be solved by the new railway link between Honeybourne and Stratford! (sarcasm alert!)

Mcbean

It should be as efficient as the train to the Ricoh ! Another going from nowhere to nowhere :)

chiefdave

You're overqualified to be a councillor, you've given more detail there than I got in a 15 minute conversation!
Is that the Long Marston development, McBean?
On the airfield? How do you get to anywhere, whenever I've been over that way its always via Stratford which is a huge bottleneck.

Mcbean

Complete madness but then what a surprise - need a few of these builders to go bust - the Poles are disappearing so they will be short staffed hopefully ! I forgot about the planned bypass which will never get approval !

SBAndy

The old Co Op building in Nuneaton town centre collapsed the other day and in no time at all the council began a cover-up.

First narrative was that it had been a controlled action, but they soon realised that people had seen it happen and photos had been taken and the fact that the scaffold was still attached to the wall at almost 90 degrees was evidence that it had been an accident.

As this had been debunked, they started saying it had been caused by some debris falling on the scaffolding causing it to become unstable. Unfortunately for them, the demolition company contracted to do the job released a statement at a similar time saying they didn’t know what had happened. Another lie on the part of the council.

Finally, they decided to assure everyone that all debris had fallen within the exclusion zone, preventing any risk. What wasn’t mentioned was that bricks had peppered the buildings opposite and it was only after the matter that they decided to make the exclusion zone big enough to encompass all the debris.

It all came out when the CT contacted the Health & Safety officer for Nuneaton about 90 minutes after the incident who said they didn’t know anything about it. Marcus Jones (local MP) has followed up with them as he was on the scene straight away.

My other half works at the solicitors opposite and saw it all happen, they thought it was going to smash up their shop. I don’t get why councillors have this urge to lie rather than hold their hands up and state that there was an accident.

chiefdave

My other half works at the solicitors opposite and saw it all happen, they thought it was going to smash up their shop. I don’t get why councillors have this urge to lie rather than hold their hands up and state that there was an accident.
This is what I don't get. If they just went 'it was an accident, there will be an investigation to find out what happened' that would be the end of it Instead they immediately default to lies and spin and dig themselves into a hole.

Mcbean

Coming up to three years I’ve lived in my house never had a single person canvas my door.
I had the local councillor come to my door on a Saturday morning some months ago before the local elections - she got more than she wanted as Stratford council are about to make a massive mistake by putting another set of traffic lights in on the bridge - we have gridlock now ! it will be worse as the they try to be fairer on the gridlock for people taking a short cut to avoid the Warwick road aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh - she was happy to get away - i don't normally talk to strangers :)

Users who are viewing this thread