loans in jan or contracts for clingan, keogh and juke (1 Viewer)

hamil99

Facebook User
What would people prefer, 4 year extensions to clingans, keogh and jukes contracts or 1 million to spend on loans?

I guess it depends on weather you think we will be relegated or not, discuss?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Well I cant see Clingan signing any sort of contract, especially not a r yr deal. Juke can easily get a better offer (and he deserves better tbf) elsewhere so Ill be surprised to see him come Feb 1st. Although if he went to Southampton, he wont wall into their team and may struggle to shift their current strikers so from that point of view, he'll be better off staying with us (although unfortunately Footballers of today dont see that side of the game do they). Keough has done brilliantly we, and id like to think he would remain committed to our cause, after all we did give him the opportunity to show he can cut it in the Championship. Saying that, Turner was committed, signed a new deal, and still ended up moving on.

So for me, it'd have to be loans, although not all players who come on loan play to their full abiliity as they arent actually contracted to the club who they are playing for.

skybluek

Well I think keogh will stay not sure bout clingan or juke but if we sell them but get taken over we will get replacements thorn did say he is going to wheal & deal but if sisu are still here we are not signing anyone
Sisu out!!!!!!

la-ccfc

Loans, Clingan has no intention of signing so we might as well get some money for him, instead of nothing on the summer

Keep Keogh if we can persuade him to sign - if not, we will have to cash in.

Jukes - persuade him to sign - if not cash in if we get an offer we cannot refuse.

Clingan - let him go if he will not sign.

Bring in a couple of loan signings: (1) a defensive/holding midfielder with leadership qualities (2) a goalscorer (3) and even a keeper?

Ccfcisparks

I don't understand everyones problem with murphy. He saved us on monday. I havent seem him put a foot wrong in ages!

skybluek

Maybe 1/2 loans but if the takeover happens we will surely looking to buy a couple of players we need a striker 2 if juke goes an experinced center mid a left back and a winger

J

Jack Griffin

The problem is the money on offer, if SISU won't pay the going rate (and I don't imagine they will) they have to be replaced. Most players sit out their contracts these days, unless they'll get a better one by moving, other than Juke & possibly Keogh I don't see these players being in demand, so I expect they will sit tight till they can negotiate with another club, with all the uncertainty here I don't blame them for wanting to move.

skybluegod

we WONT sell clingan he will leave on a free why would he leave now when he can get a bigger signing on fee in the summer.

shmmeee

Well it'd cost us a lot more than £1m to get that lot on 4 year deals, more like £2m each minimum.

These days a decent loan player would cost about £1m as well till the end of the season.

So I guess the answer is neither. Clingan and Cranie have already decided not to stay. Cranie's been mistreated his entire City career and Clingan is a mercenary who always runs his contract down and wants ridiculous money for an average Championship player. Don't be surprised to see him be one of the last to get a new club if the rumours of his wage demands are true (£15k/week).

Juke I'd love to tie down to a new contract, and I think he'd stay if we got new owners in, so let's not jump the gun there.

The quality of loanees we've had since SISU pulled the purse strings shut has been abysmal, you really can't get a decent player for cheap on the loan market.

We're down without significant investment, so if the takeover isn't going to be done by Jan 31st, we should sell everyone we get an offer for and aim for break even and the lowest ever points total.

neilyboy67

would cost about 4.5 million (imo) to tie em up for 4 years, sisu would love as it gives the squad "value" on paper. Wouldnt realistically happen anyway as juke is prob off and clingan deffo off, but we get to keep keogh one of our better players.
Would rather keep them on the fantasy 4 year deal, but realistically would have the money for shit or bust loan signings till may:

1 million quid till end of may gives us about £45 grand a week to blast on loan wages thats 2 x 22,500 a week out of favour prem players? (goalscorers only please) TEMPTING.Could still do it if we get the mill for juke anyway?

shmmeee

would cost about 4.5 million (imo) to tie em up for 4 years, sisu would love as it gives the squad "value" on paper. Wouldnt realistically happen anyway as juke is prob off and clingan deffo off, but we get to keep keogh one of our better players.
Would rather keep them on the fantasy 4 year deal, but realistically would have the money for shit or bust loan signings till may:

1 million quid till end of may gives us about £45 grand a week to blast on loan wages thats 2 x 22,500 a week out of favour prem players? (goalscorers only please) TEMPTING.Could still do it if we get the mill for juke anyway?

Remember most clubs want a sizeable loan fee as well.

Users who are viewing this thread