loanee (1 Viewer)

capel & collindridge

Firstly ,what level we're his two loans last season and how did they go?
From Wikipedia:

Mustapha Soon Carayol (born 4 September 1988) is a Gambian footballer who plays for Middlesbrough as a winger.

YearsTeamApps[SUP]†[/SUP](Gls)[SUP]†[/SUP]
2007–2008Milton Keynes Dons0(0)
2007–2008Crawley Town (loan)25(2)
2008–2010Torquay United50(6)
2009Kettering Town (loan)5(0)
2010–2011Lincoln City33(3)
2011–2012Bristol Rovers30(4)
2012–Middlesbrough50(11)
2015Brighton & Hove Albion (loan)5(0)

Early career

Born in Banjul, Carayol began his career as a youth player with Swindon Town and when Paul Ince moved from Swindon to become manager of Macclesfield Town in 2006 he took Carayol with him as a trainee. At the time he was quoted as saying "I'm happy to clean the whole first team's boots all season for this opportunity".

Milton Keynes Dons

When Ince became manager of Milton Keynes Dons in 2007, he signed Carayol again, offering him his first professional contract. He made his first team debut for MK Dons against Sheffield United in the League Cup in August 2007 and went on to appear in one further cup game.

In October 2007 he joined Crawley Town on loan to gain further first team experience.

Torquay United

On 13 July 2008, he was signed by Torquay United. On 17 September 2009 he joined Kettering Town on a three-month emergency loan deal.

Lincoln City

Carayol turned down a new contract at Torquay at the end of the 2009–10 season. In May 2010 it was announced that Lincoln City had agreed terms with the player although a fee would have to be set to determine how much compensation Lincoln City must pay Torquay due to Carayol being under the age of 24. In August it was announced that a deal had been struck between the two clubs with Lincoln paying £35,000 over staged payments plus other clauses.

In May 2011 he was made available for transfer by the club after a mass clear out of players following relegation from the Football League.

Bristol Rovers

On 17 June 2011, Bristol Rovers signed Carayol for an undisclosed fee, on a two-year deal. His performances in League 2 attracted the attention of Championship club Barnsley who had a bid turned down for him in January.

In May 2012, Bristol Rovers confirmed they had turned down a 6 figure bid from an unnamed Championship club for Carayol and had opened talks with him about extending his contract.

Middlesbrough

Carayol signed for Middlesbrough on a three-year deal on 1 August 2012, for an undisclosed fee, making his debut in a 2–1 win at Bury. After missing the start of Middlesbrough's league campaign, Carayol returned in the second round of the League Cup against Gillingham on 28 August 2012, in which he scored his first goal for the club. He scored his first league goal for Middlesbrough on 15 September 2012, against Ipswich Town on his home debut, scoring in stoppage time in a 2–0 victory. On 16 April, Carayol scored in a 1–0 home win over Nottingham Forest. Since joining Middlesbrough Carayol has become affectionately known as Muzzy.
On 31 August 2013, Carayol scored in a 1–1 home draw with Sheffield Wednesday.

Brighton & Hove Albion

On 26 March 2015, Carayol signed a loan contract with Brighton & Hove Albion for the rest of the season.

rupert_bear

Has had a lot of clubs though and only played 5 games since 2012. Not the best record is it ? Had a decent season 2012 was TM their manager then ?

Astute

He is 27 next month. Normally a good age for a player. Peak fitness and experienced. But he has been out on loan most of the time at clubs our level or lower, and has still played less than 200 games at all levels.

I am not saying he isn't good enough. But I don't see him as worth wetting your pants over.

matesx

always impresses/surprises me the knowledge you lot have on players i have never heard of!

torchomatic

Some players make a career out of loan moves though, Patrick Bamford for example. Not having a go at you as to be honest I'd never heard of this Boro player, just sayin' like.

He is 27 next month. Normally a good age for a player. Peak fitness and experienced. But he has been out on loan most of the time at clubs our level or lower, and has still played less than 200 games at all levels.

I am not saying he isn't good enough. But I don't see him as worth wetting your pants over.

Astute

You have to wonder why don't you but if it happened i fully trust Mowbray's judgement to do the right thing.

It could be that he has been played out of position and that TM knows how to play him. His best time coincides with when TM was his manager.

But there is no truth in this so far so as usual we could easily be talking about the wrong player :)

Astute

Some players make a career out of loan moves though, Patrick Bamford for example. Not having a go at you as to be honest I'd never heard of this Boro player, just sayin' like.

I agree. But he has only played an average of 20 games per season. And this isn't whilst at bigger clubs than ourselves.

skybluedan

Never even heard of him

CovLis86

I used to watch him play for Torquay as i live that way. Yeah he seemed half decent but, i wouldnt expect him to light the team up. Unless shes improved a lot since then.

Users who are viewing this thread