Loan transfer window closes Friday August 31st - 5pm (1 Viewer)

skylark37

We've seen quite a few new additions to the squad this summer and as with last season MR has preferred to sign players on permanent contracts with the odd loan here and there.

Currently we have Dujon Sterling on loan for the season and Luke Thomas until January.

Will we see any more new faces arrive before Friday on loan?
Where would we ideally need to strengthen?

A centre back with some experience would make the squad look more complete in my opinion.
Other than Junior Brown (29) our oldest defensive player is Tom Davies (26).

Thoughts...

Magwitch

Apart from this will he, won’t he on going Conor Chaplin saga do you think there could be another loanee brought in, centre back perhaps ?

skylark37

I just think about 3 strikers. :)

Would love a goalie but it won't happen.

Recall Beavon,
give Zavon Hines another chance,
get on the phone to Iyseden Christie's agent...

play a 2 - 3 - 5 and rename the club AFC Shoehorn?

Magwitch

If I thought Willis, Davies and Hyam would last until January i would go with that we have Thompson in the wings too, but Willis is prone to knocks and Davies a bit similar I know as always it’s down to finances but another experienced CB addition wouldn’t go a miss for me.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

I don't think so, unless perhaps Liam O'Brien goes on loan, and we take another keeper on board?

Sky_Blue_Ste

Given the Managers comments on the budget being maxed out, I doubt we’ll see one in without some going out now

Captain Dart

Recall Beavon,
give Zavon Hines another chance,
get on the phone to Iyseden Christie's agent...

play a 2 - 3 - 5 and rename the club AFC Shoehorn?

Thinking outside the box I see.

Pete in Portugal

Ideally:

Tall defender as cover for Davies
Big target-man / striker as cover for JCH
Goalie to replace LOB and give Burge some competition

If we can only get one player in, I think the priority would be cover for JCH. I don't think we should go for Connor Chaplin until we have another target-man up front.

Rasputin

Ideally:

Tall defender as cover for Davies
Big target-man / striker as cover for JCH
Goalie to replace LOB and give Burge some competition

If we can only get one player in, I think the priority would be cover for JCH. I don't think we should go for Connor Chaplin until we have another target-man up front.

Was with you all the way until the last line.
I Would like to see CC come in and JP go out on loan.
I guess you are prioritising on the basis that there is no back up at all for the style that JCH plays?

Pete in Portugal

Was with you all the way until the last line.
I Would like to see CC come in and JP go out on loan.
I guess you are prioritising on the basis that there is no back up at all for the style that JCH plays?

Yes that's it exactly. If JCH gets injured we are forced to change our formation unless we have a back up who can perform in that role. Obviously, it'd be great to get that player plus Chaplin.

CJ_covblaze

Not a loan but a free that’s obviously going to happen.

34E86BBB-EACB-4BF3-AFD2-3AE2C1D89E6F.jpeg 142C71E0-D49A-49FE-A843-9A759C384B37.jpeg

Mucca Mad Boys

I’d be happy if we just signed Chaplin. It is unlikely we’ll be able to get a loan deal for a senior defender this window. With Jordan Thompson being rated highly by the club, and the difference between our 3 main defenders being negligible, we’re good in this department until next summer.

We’ve got to look at this team in terms of a project. It won’t be finished right away.

Last edited:

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I’d be happy if we just signed Chaplin. It is unlikely we’ll be able to get a loan deal for a senior defender this window. With Josh Thompson being rated highly by the club, and the difference between our 3 main defenders being negligible, we’re good in this department until next summer.

We’ve got to look at this team in terms of a project. It won’t be finished right away.
Is Josh, Jordans brother? :smuggrin:

capel & collindridge

I think we should only mention Chaplin signing - if he does - on this thread. The Conor Chaplin thread needs be left in complete ignorance that he's signed. Then just as people still don't believe that Julian Gray's gone, they can carry on way past page 100 saying I see Conor Chaplin's not arrived yet, SHFWF, Sisu out etc.

AFCCOVENTRY

Ideally get shot of LoB and get a decent loan keeper in to really push Burge.

Big centre back to cover for Davies.

Does Biamou need replacing? Need back up for JCH.

Users who are viewing this thread