Loan Players (1 Viewer)

Frostie

He looked the part

I think you're letting what he's done since cloud your memories.
Remember Charlton away, last game of the season where he seemed to be doing his best to get us relegated?

That wasn't just a couple of isolated incidents either, he was all over the shop with his erratic decision making during his time with us.
He had to drop to League 2 after that & it was 2 full seasons before he got another chance at Championship level.
If anybody had said at the time that he'd go on to be one of the Premier League's best goalkeepers they'd have been carried away in a straitjacket.

Frostie

Also shows 18 year old players can be and are good enough something for Robins to think about re. Bapaga in particular.

I assume you haven't seen much of Bapaga & just jumping on the hype train? He is incredibly talented but hugely inconsistent, had a poor season for the U23s, regularly outshone by the likes of Tavares & miles off ready for the Championship at this stage. I think he has a great chance to make it with the attributes he has but just chucking him in at the deep end when he isn't ready is not a good idea.

SlowerThanPlatt

He’s clueless much like he was on his other aliases, yesterday he said Tyler is going to be making squads, anyone who has slight knowledge of 23s knows Bilson is currently a better goalkeeper and could get a FL loan.

Torquay Sky Blue

I think you're letting what he's done since cloud your memories.
Remember Charlton away, last game of the season where he seemed to be doing his best to get us relegated?

That wasn't just a couple of isolated incidents either, he was all over the shop with his erratic decision making during his time with us.
He had to drop to League 2 after that & it was 2 full seasons before he got another chance at Championship level.
If anybody had said at the time that he'd go on to be one of the Premier League's best goalkeepers they'd have been carried away in a straitjacket.

Shocking!
He wasn't helped by our ponderous defending to be fair.
One thing it does prove is good players can bounce back from anything.

MAFF

View attachment 21097
Just see this on instagram and thought what other loan players have we “fallen in love with”

*puts tin hat on* anyone else think that people are overrating ostigard now he's left?

i liked him a lot and would have kept him but some of the reaction on here and twitter is like we've just lost fucking maldini. he was the best defender in one of the worst defences last season.

Torquay Sky Blue

*puts tin hat on* anyone else think that people are overrating ostigard now he's left?

i liked him a lot and would have kept him but some of the reaction on here and twitter is like we've just lost fucking maldini. he was the best defender in one of the worst defences last season.
Big loss mate. He was getting better as the season went on . Distribution questionable at times but an awesome prospect

SlowerThanPlatt

He had some really good games but also some poor ones like any young player, QPR springs to mind. For me he’s a head it and kick it centre half, his distribution and skill on the ball was noticeably bad at this level.

shmmeee

I assume you haven't seen much of Bapaga & just jumping on the hype train? He is incredibly talented but hugely inconsistent, had a poor season for the U23s, regularly outshone by the likes of Tavares & miles off ready for the Championship at this stage. I think he has a great chance to make it with the attributes he has but just chucking him in at the deep end when he isn't ready is not a good idea.

Im as guilty as anyone of overhyping academy players, but it’s clear from Bapaga’s cameos he’s a long way from being ready for the first team. Exciting on the ball but the rest of his game needs serious work.

I’d like to see him go out to L2 and see what he can do.

slowpoke

I get what’s said about Bapaga but playing with better players can and does bring the best out of youngsters not saying he should play just 18 isn’t too young as we seen in the Adam Armstrong case that’s what I was replying about.

slowpoke

No you are correct: Having said that I’d like Osti back but if that doesn’t happen doesn’t set us up for major defence problems I’m certain Robins will look elsewhere and get someone as good or better.

JulianDarbyFTW

Imho, Osti was by one of our better players and a real grafter for the cause - I'd say only O'Hare gave more in terms of blood, sweat and tears. We all love a trier, but Osti is one who has the ability, and bags of potential as well, to back it up.

fatso

Osti showed great improvement during his spell here and added a genuine threat at corners too, he appeared to love playing for us, and given his age I think he will go on to have a great career.
If there is any way we can tempt Brighton to part with him, I'd definitely pull all the stops out to get him.

slowpoke

Imho, Osti was by one of our better players and a real grafter for the cause - I'd say only O'Hare gave more in terms of blood, sweat and tears. We all love a trier, but Osti is one who has the ability, and bags of potential as well, to back it up.
I was reading the Brighton angle with Ostigard, they have apparently triggered the one year extension and there’s talk of him playing in a pre-season friendly but wether he does get into the 25 man first team squad is far from certain. Now Brighton have flogged White it’s thought they are in the market for two CBs alongside the one they recently purchased they are also in for a CB from Liverpool leaving Osti in a group of five CBs if the buy no one else. Brighton are likely to be amongst the strugglers in the prem so can’t see them taking risks I think Leo might become available purchase or loan but not until the back end of August.

fernandopartridge

I did like him when he first arrived, very direct and attacking causing lots of problems. But seem to remember by the end of the season a lot of teams had figured him out and his form dipped quite significantly. Still think he should have had a better career than he did though.

Yeah, he had a purple patch until about the turn of the year. The whole team's form fell through the floor after christmas tbf

fernandopartridge

He's looked well off it whenever he's made a cameo

ProfessorbyGrace

Paul Cook
Was the initial deal a loan agreement?

I thought we had signed him outright for around £400 000.

I preferred Cedric Roussel when he was on loan, as opposed to when he signed. Great camaraderie with Keane up front.
Mick Quinn, David McGoldrick, Richie Partridge, to name a few favourites.

I’m trying to remember if Craig Hignett had a good loan spell here: someone I know raved that he should have been signed. Seriously puzzling man love.

Quite liked Maguire, also. Those free kicks were tasty.

vow

It was a very big rumour tbf. And he may well of enjoyed other flavours of fizzy drinks too.
Vimto!?

Anyhow, rumour has it he was dealing and taking while at wolves and in a particular at Billy Wright's funeral.

shmmeee

Should have given Baka a few lines before a game, would’ve been a different player.

• Haha
Reactions: vow

rob9872

Hertsccfc

He had some really good games but also some poor ones like any young player, QPR springs to mind. For me he’s a head it and kick it centre half, his distribution and skill on the ball was noticeably bad at this level.
Very much agree with that assessment of Ostigard. I would like him back but people seem to overrate him and part of that is because of the obvious passion he shows. That means his limitations are overlooked.

fernandopartridge

Was the initial deal a loan agreement?

I thought we had signed him outright for around £400 000.

I preferred Cedric Roussel when he was on loan, as opposed to when he signed. Great camaraderie with Keane up front.
Mick Quinn, David McGoldrick, Richie Partridge, to name a few favourites.

I’m trying to remember if Craig Hignett had a good loan spell here: someone I know raved that he should have been signed. Seriously puzzling man love.

Quite liked Maguire, also. Those free kicks were tasty.

Hignett was decent when here

Users who are viewing this thread