Loan Players (2 Viewers)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

FEE530E7-4C00-427F-98DF-B71855A92398.jpeg
Just see this on instagram and thought what other loan players have we “fallen in love with”

slowpoke

Chris Marsden has to be one of the most mysterious events at City, again as always we were skint but we loaned him in subject to signing him and he was everything we lacked in midfield and more but somehow we allowed Wolves then just as skint as us and in a lower division to pinch him for about £100 and odd thousand. But that was the Coventry City of those days.
Has it ended ?

fatso

Chris Marsden has to be one of the most mysterious events at City, again as always we were skint but we loaned him in subject to signing him and he was everything we lacked in midfield and more but somehow we allowed Wolves then just as skint as us and in a lower division to pinch him for about £100 and odd thousand. But that was the Coventry City of those days.
Has it ended ?
We didnt sign Marsden, as he had (how can I put this) "off field issues" allegedly.
I'd best leave it at that!

NortonSkyBlue

We didnt sign Marsden, as he had (how can I put this) "off field issues" allegedly.
I'd best leave it at that!
Whatever his issues were his game against United in a 0-1 loss was superb only to better it at WHL where he picked Spurs apart. He went on to have a good career and we missed out on a very decent player. He wasn‘t quick but could he pass the ball to a Sky blue shirt!

fatso

Whatever his issues were his game against United in a 0-1 loss was superb only to better it at WHL where he picked Spurs apart. He went on to have a good career and we missed out on a very decent player. He wasn‘t quick but could he pass the ball to a Sky blue shirt!
He was an excellent player, but his problems where well known, after leaving us he waited about 6 years before he got a contract in the top flight, and only Southampton would take a punt on him. But in fairness he did well for them, getting a fa cup runners up medal.

ovduk78

Has it ended ?
We tried to extend the loan for a further month so Huddersfield sold him to Wolves instead. And then we bought Sandy Robertson for £250,000!!

Reactions: vow

shmmeee

Come on then what were his problems?

if we can cal Gylfi a pedo we can know this surely?

slowpoke

I remember we had Julien Darby at the same time and the two together were good Darby doing the donkey work alongside Marsden but Marsden moved on and Darby became a donkey.

Joy Division

Richie Partridge was my first thought. Absolutely no idea how he didn't go on to have a much better career.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I did like him when he first arrived, very direct and attacking causing lots of problems. But seem to remember by the end of the season a lot of teams had figured him out and his form dipped quite significantly. Still think he should have had a better career than he did though.

ovduk78

Didn't we initially loan Darren Huckerby but couldn't play him as the PL rules didn't allow teams to play loan players from other PL clubs?

Grendel

Come on then what were his problems?

if we can cal Gylfi a pedo we can know this surely?

The rumour is he sold coke to players. Not Coke Zero either

Monty

I remember we had Julien Darby at the same time and the two together were good Darby doing the donkey work alongside Marsden but Marsden moved on and Darby became a donkey.
Oh yes, Julian Darby who could never be dropped. Wasn't he something like Phil Neals son-in-law

Grendel

There was also another bizarre rumour about Marsden when at wolves and why he left there

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Sebastian Olszar

slowpoke

Also shows 18 year old players can be and are good enough something for Robins to think about re. Bapaga in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread