Loan player watch (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

Didn't want to clog up the match day threads so thought we could have a thread for players we have out on loan.

Ponti starting for Tranmere. Presumably they list their team in a random order and he's not playing right back.

larry_david

Make this thread a sticky thread nick? Love a good loan update every game. Is Thompson playing for Boreham?

TTG

Make this thread a sticky thread nick? Love a good loan update every game. Is Thompson playing for Boreham?
Should have said make it a sticky Nicky

AlansEyes

Had a quick look on the Tranmere forums and they don't seem to impressed with Ponticelli. Few comments of send him straight back. Maybe sending him down a level would have been a better bet...

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Why would they take off such a natural finisher at half time? We keep being told he is amazing by his fanboys

Why are some people so determined for him to fail? Even if he came back I could see him becoming a boo-boy for some if he hadn't scored in 30 minutes.

It's only one game, but he got the nod ahead of the guy they bought from Walsall and the kid from Villa. Both of those played the same amount of time and didn't score either. The Villa kid got sent-off. He's scored the same amount thus far as our strikers.

He might prove a flop, but let's not rush to judgement.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Had a quick look on the Tranmere forums and they don't seem to impressed with Ponticelli. Few comments of send him straight back. Maybe sending him down a level would have been a better bet...

Maybe. Maybe he needs a bit of time to adjust to the higher standard. Sunderland fans are apparently being pretty scathing of Willis too.

chiefdave

Sound as bad as some of our fans. He's only had 45 minutes!

Terry_dactyl

Looking at the line-up it seemed that Ponticelli started a bit deeper for Tranmere. Did he play up top? I cant imagine him being much use anywhere else?

Bertola

Looking at the line-up it seemed that Ponticelli started a bit deeper for Tranmere. Did he play up top? I cant imagine him being much use anywhere else?

The line up i saw showed similar, had him in the number 10 role. Very strange move if he did indeed play there

Irish Sky Blue

Looks like potentially no one then
Something seems to have changed. At the start of preseason Robin’s stated that playing at St Andrews would not affect his budget, he was being backed and we were going for it. He reiterated this at the kit launch where he said he wanted another 3 players (by that stage we already had our ten new signings and the 600k bid for Bright had been made).
Since then Chaplin and Baylis have gone raising, if estimations are to be believed, about £3 million. His comments today seem to indicate that the 500k+ spent on Godden is about it. Did they underestimate the cost of playing at St Andrews? Were they really depending on the sale of Wilson for further finance? Both of these scenarios seem unlikely. So what has changed?

higgs

Reality has kicked in its going to be a long season with 5k supporters at the home games

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Something seems to have changed. At the start of preseason Robin’s stated that playing at St Andrews would not affect his budget, he was being backed and we were going for it. He reiterated this at the kit launch where he said he wanted another 3 players (by that stage we already had our ten new signings and the 600k bid for Bright had been made).
Since then Chaplin and Baylis have gone raising, if estimations are to be believed, about £3 million. His comments today seem to indicate that the 500k+ spent on Godden is about it. Did they underestimate the cost of playing at St Andrews? Were they really depending on the sale of Wilson for further finance? Both of these scenarios seem unlikely. So what has changed?

Most likely money is earmarked ahead of time as part of the business model. It’s not free cash.

Magwitch

I suspect he’s keeping his cards close to his chest, we have players yet to feature such as Jamie Allen and Kasteneer, Wakefield injured, and our team needs to gel and he may have to shift two or three out first, Browne being an obvious one and I wouldn’t be surprised if Bakayoko goes too.

mark82

We had already spent money before the outgoings. I suspect the 2 that went out were expected to go out all along. We've had replacements for more or less every position in the formation we are currently playing. Not sure what else we expect to come in.

Expect we'll see a couple on loan, maybe a winger and a central midfielder as cover.

Irish Sky Blue

We had already spent money before the outgoings. I suspect the 2 that went out were expected to go out all along. We've had replacements for more or less every position in the formation we are currently playing. Not sure what else we expect to come in.

Expect we'll see a couple on loan, maybe a winger and a central midfielder as cover.
Only going off the comments that Mr mae himself. He seems to have changed what he is saying (no criticism of Robins. He has been a great manager for us).

Users who are viewing this thread