Loan Options (1 Viewer)

Lanno

With talk of us delving into the loan market soon to help bolster the squad, who do you think we should be looking at? Here are my suggestions...

Rhys Murphy (Arsenal)

Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool)

Sam Ameobi (Newcastle)

Nile Ranger (Newcastle)

Danny Rose (Spurs)

Simon Cox (WBA)

I would like to add that these are players I would like us to approach; whether or not they are realistic targets is another matter!

Zen

I'd love to get Simon Cox on loan. I'm not sure we need another striker though, probably a midfielder or two at least.

jackdg

Football-rumours mentions John Bostock and Jeremy Helan(?) but we all know what a load of guff they print... Wouldn't mind Bostock though

cov_russell

Facebook User
Rose and Shelvey would be my preferences but anyone would be good as long as we go nowhere near Nile Ranger!

Paxman II

We certainly need a ball player ahead of Clingan's deep role or perhaps move Clingan forward into that role and get the deep role replaced? Oddly that could be done by Carsley? Don't think we should go down that road though do you?

We also need someone who can win the ball back as the likes of Bell, Baker, Macca are too lightweight for that role.

I think Macca fits in the hole really well beind Juke and McDonald so with Clingan behind we need a a ball winner who can also spot a good ball (like Charlie Adam) - a sort of Mr Reliable engine room that the team can't do with out and really affects the game.

Are there any Charlie Adam's out there?

SkyBlue_Bear83

We certainly need a ball player ahead of Clingan's deep role or perhaps move Clingan forward into that role and get the deep role replaced? Oddly that could be done by Carsley? Don't think we should go down that road though do you?

We also need someone who can win the ball back as the likes of Bell, Baker, Macca are too lightweight for that role.

I think Macca fits in the hole really well beind Juke and McDonald so with Clingan behind we need a a ball winner who can also spot a good ball (like Charlie Adam) - a sort of Mr Reliable engine room that the team can't do with out and really affects the game.

Are there any Charlie Adam's out there?
Maybe Deegan can be the engine room player if he ever gets himself on the pitch?

Paxman II

Deagan. Must admit forgot all about him! Yes he was meant to be that player. It's currently questionable if he can be though tbh he is chomping at the bit watching Biggi do a great job so we may see the best of him soon...

kg82

Bloody hell, didn't hear anything about it! They should walk the league I reckon.

Sterling Archer

Shelvey, Ameobi (better than his brother) and Bostock would be the 3 names top of my list.

Did that McEachran of Chelsea get a loan move in the end?

Astute

We don't need Cox. We have enough of them already running our club.

speedie87

ok scrap ravel morrison, he might be one h3ll of a player but i've just researched his off field history and it makes marlon king look well behaved.

Lanno

Laurent Robert is a free agent. Ok a bit old now and not the best of tempers but his deliveries into the box were quality.

Mexico70

Getting Barry Bannan from Villa would be a great loan signing. I first noticed him when he was at Blackpool in 2009-10, played a blinder against us at the Ricoh and scored a cracker. Played a few times for Villa last season, always looked comfortable - great skill and bit of a midfield terrier.

rob9872

We're not a training ground for the big boys and can't afford to carry passengers. We have enough promising kids of our own and need to get after some experienced players who miss out on their clubs 25 man squad. No names spring to mind, but difficult until we know who is actually available.

rob9872

No chance of Bannan. IF Villa let him out then Blackpool who he has already played for and have a bigger budget than ours have already expressed a firm interest.

Mexico70

No chance of Bannan. IF Villa let him out then Blackpool who he has already played for and have a bigger budget than ours have already expressed a firm interest.

Ahhh Rob, that is no longer the case - we now have our substantial "working capital facility" - I'm thinking big, Onye One Kenobi said so, so it must be true.:pimp:

rob9872

lol good shout mate, I forgot all about that :)

Wallace

In all honesty I hope we don't bring anyone in UNTIL we give our youngster a go. Jeffers and Wilson need experience so if we start with Cody and Juke bring Jeffers and Wilson on forthe last 15 minutes. The reason Bigi and Christie are doing well is because they were given a chance.

kg82

How about Ferrie Bodde? I hear he's nearing fitness and a loan move might suit him. He looked a great player too.

skybluejelly

i think we should get nile ranger and ravel morrison ..be worth it just for them to have a punch up on the pitch they both seem a right couple of pratts

PVA

We're not a training ground for the big boys and can't afford to carry passengers. We have enough promising kids of our own and need to get after some experienced players who miss out on their clubs 25 man squad. No names spring to mind, but difficult until we know who is actually available.

People go on about this 25 man squad thing too much, there are only about two Premier League clubs who will have to leave players out of their squad.

Users who are viewing this thread