Loan deals as part of Juke offer? (1 Viewer)

Otis

Gossip: Incoming loans part of Lukas Jutkiewicz deal?
Nov 22 2011Comment (1) Recommend

inShare
INCOMING loan signings may be part of the deal that will see Coventry City striker Lukas Jutkiewicz head to Southampton this week, according to reports.

The Sky Blues star player, who started with career in the Saints academy alongside Theo Walcott, is wanted by the Championship leadersin a £3m deal.

And the Daily Echo claims that Saints are keen to sign the former Everton star on loan before Thursday's deadline - with loan signings heading the opposite direction to the Ricoh Arena.

Fans' site Fansnetwork suggests that City's targets at St Mary's could include out-of-favour Dan Harding (left back), Ryan Dickson (left back), Lee Holmes (left midfield) and Danny Butterfield (right back / central defender).

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...utkiewicz-deal-92746-29820319/?#ixzz1eR6MGRSY

MatthewWallis

3 defenders mentioned there. I'll be seriously annoyed if we sell him and get a defender on loan

Gossip: Incoming loans part of Lukas Jutkiewicz deal?
Nov 22 2011Comment (1) Recommend

inShare
INCOMING loan signings may be part of the deal that will see Coventry City striker Lukas Jutkiewicz head to Southampton this week, according to reports.

The Sky Blues star player, who started with career in the Saints academy alongside Theo Walcott, is wanted by the Championship leadersin a £3m deal.

And the Daily Echo claims that Saints are keen to sign the former Everton star on loan before Thursday's deadline - with loan signings heading the opposite direction to the Ricoh Arena.

Fans' site Fansnetwork suggests that City's targets at St Mary's could include out-of-favour Dan Harding (left back), Ryan Dickson (left back), Lee Holmes (left midfield) and Danny Butterfield (right back / central defender).

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...utkiewicz-deal-92746-29820319/?#ixzz1eR6MGRSY

What reports though? just the CET?

Otis

We do need another left back though and Christie and Clarke at right back both lack experience and Keogh and Cranie have proved to be our best central defensive pairing.

If we got say 2 mill plus these 4 players i wouldn't be too unhappy.

ICHAN

Would be nice to get an attack minded midfielder though or someone who has experiance on how to change the tempo of a game and lead from the front so to speak.
Don't ask me who as it would not really matter who as I think our day's of attracting an experianced player with some vision have gone now.
Oh well onwards and upwards as they say.

Bertola

This story came from a fansnetwork site (wasn't the west terrace one of them)

Its just a fan floating the idea, possibly from a rumour he's heard, possibly a rumour he's dreamt up

stupot07

We do need another left back though and Christie and Clarke at right back both lack experience and Keogh and Cranie have proved to be our best central defensive pairing.

If we got say 2 mill plus these 4 players i wouldn't be too unhappy.

I would be unhappy

We would then have 3 left backs and 5 right backs and lose out top goal scorer who has scored halve of all our goals this season.

Thorny Subject

If we are going to let Juke go, which seems inevitable for the sums of money being spoken of, then i would be happy for him to initially go on loan to them if we can get Lee barnard and dan harding in return. We can then make them all perm transfers in january. This would give us a replacement striker and give back up at left back.

Otis

I would be unhappy

We would then have 3 left backs and 5 right backs and lose out top goal scorer who has scored halve of all our goals this season.

Slightly unfair.

5 right backs, 3 of which are kids, 1 of which who has only played one game, one of which who has been out inured for a long while now, 1 of which (Keogh) who is now key to our central defensive pairing and the other would leave be Butterfield as the 1 experienced right back who can also play in the centre of defence and right midfield. If this Holmes is a left midfielder and Butterfield was played on the right that would be the two wide midfielders we have yearned for.

3 left backs, 1 of which (Hussey) who is always getting injured.

Just trying to put some balance on this

stupot07

I do see your point Otis but regardless of their ages they are on full time professional contracts and are part of the first team - don't forget that cranie as well as keogh can play there too.

We would be letting our best player an main goal scorer go and would be left with platt, rod and Cody. I would be really unhappy if we sold juke and brought in a defender.

We know we lack a bit of experience, know how and goals in midfield, and we know that we have limited options up front.

ccfc2011

What's the point seling him and getting a defender on loan

davebart

why on earth would we want Southampton rejects????? They were div 1 players last season and are not deemed up to Championship level this.

We've got plenty of our own div 1 standard players thanks very much.

personally I can't see anyone paying 3m for Duke. 1m maybe. and more than likely nothing if we take loan players in replacement.

jagman

To say why bring in a defender in i suggest you look at the league table, 26 goals conceded. Nearly half of them defender errors you would not see on a park pitch on Sunday morning. To think we have five central defenders on our books. I am fed up of being told by AT 'it was a silly mistake' ' we must lean from our mistakes' but we never do. Match after match the same, concedeing late stupid goals. I do not want to see juke go but we have only scored fourteen goals this seasons. O.k. he is our leading goalscorer but it's not saying a lot is it ?

Otis

so the solution to lack of goals is to get rid of your top striker?

But if and this is an if, a club offers you 2 million plus 4 players then that has to be good business for the club. 2 million without any players would be good business.

ICHAN

Maybe were going all out defensive for the rest of the season and hope every game is 0 - 0

jagman

O.K. he is our top striker but he is not setting the league alight is he? We will not win games while our defence is leaking like a sieve he does not score enough goals to counteract it. It must be tightened up.

stupot07

To say why bring in a defender in i suggest you look at the league table, 26 goals conceded. Nearly half of them defender errors you would not see on a park pitch on Sunday morning. To think we have five central defenders on our books. I am fed up of being told by AT 'it was a silly mistake' ' we must lean from our mistakes' but we never do. Match after match the same, concedeing late stupid goals. I do not want to see juke go but we have only scored fourteen goals this seasons. O.k. he is our leading goalscorer but it's not saying a lot is it ?

In 17 games we have been turned over 3 times - southampton 4-2, ipswich 3-0, millwall 3-0, so out of those 26 goals we have conceded 10 were in 3 games, the other 16 were in 14. Southampton are top of the table (2 of the goals were conceded with 3 teenagers in the back four) and millwall had beaten Ipswich and leicester 3/4 nil in the previous two games, ipswich were men v boys.

So if you take those 3 games out of the equation then although we have made silly mistakes that have cost us points we haven't conceded that many - 16 in 14 which is 1.14 goals per game. Last season second place Norwich conceded an average of 1.26 goals per game.

The fact is that those silly mistakes wouldnt have cost us points had we got the killer second goal, but unfortunately we have only scored 14 goals in 17 games which is 0.82 goals per game. To put this into context the teams that finished bottom 2 averaged 0.93 and 0.95 goals per game over the entire season.

Really for a mid table side you'd be looking to score around 52 which is 1.17 goals per game.

I'm sorry but our major problem is not being able to out score the opposition and get that killer 2nd goal that would pretty much guarantee picking up points.

ashbyjan

The dilemma is our defence makes a mistakes which cost us goals yet our strikeforce is totally toothless - in an ideal world you would take a couple of defenders on loan as part of the deal and spend a bit of the fee on getting in a striker on loan. But this is Cov so Juke will go for an undisclosed fee, no loans in as part of the deal and no other loans either.

jagman

Totally agree stupot but is Platty coming into a bit of form? two in two.
Has Cody been given a chance in the first team to get match fit ? I know he played at the start of the season but was he given enough time ?

OyJimmy

We could move Mcsheffrey up front and then revert to a more normal 4-4-2. Sheff looks better in more attacking positions as shown in our last game.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Slightly unfair.

5 right backs, 3 of which are kids, 1 of which who has only played one game, one of which who has been out inured for a long while now, 1 of which (Keogh) who is now key to our central defensive pairing and the other would leave be Butterfield as the 1 experienced right back who can also play in the centre of defence and right midfield. If this Holmes is a left midfielder and Butterfield was played on the right that would be the two wide midfielders we have yearned for.

3 left backs, 1 of which (Hussey) who is always getting injured.

Just trying to put some balance on this
Who says they will be any good, we have players who can play wide as Bell and Mcsheffrey have spent large time of there career in those positions...it is just they are no good there.

If they give us Schneiderlin, Connoly and Barnard then we might consider it.

stupot07

Totally agree stupot but is Platty coming into a bit of form? two in two.
Has Cody been given a chance in the first team to get match fit ? I know he played at the start of the season but was he given enough time ?

Platt has averaged less than 1 in 5 over his career I can't see him getting any more than 6 or 7 over an entire season.

Cody has played over 9.45 hrs of football for us in his 7 starts and 1 sub appearance. That it plenty of football, and other than 1 half against ipswich he has been pretty average, and contributes nothing to the teams general play, it's like playing with 10 men.

stupot07

We could move Mcsheffrey up front and then revert to a more normal 4-4-2. Sheff looks better in more attacking positions as shown in our last game.

We tried that the first couple of games of the season, really he hasn't played up front since the 2004-05 season and he's not quick enough anymore.

Otis

Could it be that if Juke goes and we don't get another striker in that we have to consider Eastwood?

stupot07

Personally I'd bring Freddie back in ad he is better than Cody and rod. I'm not sure I buy into the fitness issues reason, I think something else has happened.

ccfcway

Cody has played over 9.45 hrs of football for us in his 7 starts and 1 sub appearance. That it plenty of football, and other than 1 half against ipswich he has been pretty average, and contributes nothing to the teams general play, it's like playing with 10 men.

Now, whilst I dont agree with the tone of this, I do question why a player, who has played 10 hours of football is still not "match fit"

Otis

Personally I'd bring Freddie back in ad he is better than Cody and rod. I'm not sure I buy into the fitness issues reason, I think something else has happened.

Agree. Think there has been a fall out somewhere. For all his problems and potential poor attitude we need all hands to the pumps at the moment and he can produce something special that can turn games.

Users who are viewing this thread