Liverpool Womens Hospital (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

Reading rumours that there was an attempted suicide bomber but that it exploded in the taxi before they made it in to the hospital.

Suspect dead and taxi driver fighting for their life.

Madness if true.

Covkid1968#

Checking with fam
Reading rumours that there was an attempted suicide bomber but that it exploded in the taxi before they made it in to the hospital.

Madness if true.
Checking with family in Liverpool to see if there is anything in it

clint van damme

Madness if true.

That's a very peculiar target if true.
But then someone prepared to carry out a suicide bombing isnt exactly rational.

LastGarrison

Just reading some of the comments on the Liverpool Echo site and supposedly two houses have been surrounded by the Old Bill, guessing the perpetrators family, and supposedly the woman was a bomber and the taxi driver got and locked her in when he saw the wires of the bomb.

Don’t know how true that second bit is but if it is then that man should never buy a pint in Liverpool again.

stay_up_skyblues

Just reading some of the comments on the Liverpool Echo site and supposedly two houses have been surrounded by the Old Bill, guessing the perpetrators family, and supposedly the woman was a bomber and the taxi driver got and locked her in when he saw the wires of the bomb.

Don’t know how true that second bit is but if it is then that man should never buy a pint in Liverpool again.

Frightening. The consequences if she’d got in the hospital don’t bear thinking about. Don’t they have a huge newborn ward there? Sickening to think.

And yes, if true the bloke should be showered with every honour and award possible.

clint van damme

Indeed. Incredibly brave. Same as the young lad who intervened London last night when an old woman was getting attacked and sadly lost his life.

There's some great people out there.

wingy

Wonder if it's related to poor treatment bad outcome at the hospital rather than just a random target terror event.
More of a grudge scenario.

David O'Day

Indeed. Incredibly brave. Same as the young lad who intervened London last night when an old woman was getting attacked and sadly lost his life.

There's some great people out there.

Not sure how true it can be as didn't they change the design of cabs s that the doors only lock when the pedal is pressed and unlock when stopped?

LastGarrison

It was a man not a woman and supposedly the taxi was on the way to the Cathedral and the taxi driver got suspicious and pulled into the hospital car park, away from the main entrance, so the hospital wasn’t the target itself.

Go Fund page has been set up for the taxi driver and is over 5k already.

Otis

What I am hearing (this is obviously just rumour) is that the passenger was a man dressed as a woman, pretending to be pregnant and that the driver became suspicious and locked him in the cab, but then obviously got injured in the blast.

God knows if that's true or not

Otis

It was a man not a woman and supposedly the taxi was on the way to the Cathedral and the taxi driver got suspicious and pulled into the hospital car park, away from the main entrance, so the hospital wasn’t the target itself.

Go Fund page has been set up for the taxi driver and is over 5k already.
Similar to what I heard then.

jimmyhillsfanclub

The details are few at the moment but imagine if the piece of shit got into the hospital. Horrible. The cabbie seems to be a hero.

its still not confirmed, but the rememberance service at the anglican cathedral was the more likely intended target.......

I really do hope the hospital wasn't the target.......My daugher was born, cared for & died there, and my two sons were also born there....

The place & the staff are amazing & I still donate to their wonderfully dedicated neonatal HDU.

That cabbie should be getting a George Cross. What a guy.

LastGarrison

If anyone is that way inclined the CCTV of the explosion is on LadBible on Insta.

The cabbie hadn't got out before the explosion and stumbles out after. Weird explosion as well and it is engulfed in smoke and actually takes a while for the fire to take hold,

Sky Blue Pete

If anyone is that way inclined the CCTV of the explosion is on LadBible on Insta.

The cabbie hadn't got out before the explosion and stumbles out after. Weird explosion as well and it is engulfed in smoke and actually takes a while for the fire to take hold,
Been removed

jimmyhillsfanclub

Rumour has it that it was just the ignition device that went off.....the main explosive failed to detonate.....

OffenhamSkyBlue

It's all very "Four Lions" - but not a laughing matter! Well done the taxi driver if he prevented something more serious. See counter-terrorism raided houses within a couple of hours, so interesting to know if the bomber was a person of interest!

Otis

Not sure on the cathedral. Could well be. Is it very close to the hospital? The police are saying the passenger asked the taxi driver for him to be taken to the women's hospital

skybluejelly

Hope the taxi driver makes a full recovery , and I hope the deranged fucker in the back really suffered as she burnt to death ..

OffenhamSkyBlue

Surprising to see that no-one was able to get an extinguisher on that fire until over a minute after it started (and another 15 seconds to figure out how to work it). There would have been one just inside the entrance doors, i suspect. And if there had been a foam one it would have been more effective than the water used.

I'm just saying this as they didn't know the circumstances at that moment, and needed to be trying to save a life.

chiefdave

Surprising to see that no-one was able to get an extinguisher on that fire until over a minute after it started (and another 15 seconds to figure out how to work it). There would have been one just inside the entrance doors, i suspect. And if there had been a foam one it would have been more effective than the water used.
I don't think any of us know how we would react in that situation. We'd all like to think we'd be the hero who rushes to help but when in the moment and you've just seen or heard a bomb go off you first reaction may not be to run towards it.

Users who are viewing this thread