Liverpool Fixture Clash (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
So they play Villa in the League Cup and then in Qatar the next day.

It's madness really, you would think the Villa game would be moved to suit.

Covstu

They need to reform the league cup, take the teams out that are in European competition then this doesn’t clash with CL and Europa leagues. Would potentially help a better rotation of teams winning the cup and getting into Europe also

no_loyalty

What a hard life, earning thousands of pounds a week and having to play two games in two days.

CJ_covblaze

I dislike Liverpool a lot and they’re more than capable of putting out two different teams however I would find it very funny if they sent their U18s to play in Qatar. I’d love to be in the room containing the FIFA Executives when they saw that team sheet.

Terry Gibson's perm

I dislike Liverpool a lot and they’re more than capable of putting out two different teams however I would find it very funny if they sent their U18s to play in Qatar. I’d love to be in the room containing the FIFA Executives when they saw that team sheet.

It’s not a bad idea really they should be concentrating on the league, they should send kids or the vets team it’s a load of rubbish tournament just to keep fifa execs on the gravy train

pipkin73

I dislike Liverpool a lot and they’re more than capable of putting out two different teams however I would find it very funny if they sent their U18s to play in Qatar. I’d love to be in the room containing the EUFA Executives when they saw that team sheet.
From what iv'e heard, they are not allowed to, thus the poor quality team against Villa. Unless the seconds do well it's a freebie for Villa to Semi-Final. EUFA rules say you have to play the strongest team available for there competitions.

CJ_covblaze

From what iv'e heard, they are not allowed to, thus the poor quality team against Villa. Unless the seconds do well it's a freebie for Villa to Semi-Final. EUFA rules say you have to play the strongest team available for there competitions.

The same as the EFL’s rules then.

skyblue1991

Who's from UEFA anaylises the lineup & subs to deduce if its the 'strongest team avaiable'?

Liverpool could play the team that last played in the league against Villa in the Cup and rest the majority of them; the rationale of playing a second string in Qatar is because theve had to play two games in 24 hours!

I remember Ian Holloway getting stick when Blackpool were in the Premier League for playing a 'weakened' team (coinicendely against Villa); its all very subjective!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Covstu

This rule is bollocks in my view, if a manager wants to play his strongest team or a bunch of kids then that’s up to him and whether they want to win that game. In this game Liverpool are fucked either way on this one!

CJ_covblaze

Should point out that neither of these fixtures are in a UEFA competition.

no_loyalty

Currently Villa Reserves 3 Liverpool Youth 0

no_loyalty

HT 4-0, this could be an absolute hammering. I assume its the same Liverpool Youth who played in the Leasing. Com Trophy?

no_loyalty

Classic Liverpool, last minute winner.

Users who are viewing this thread