Liverpool Fans booing the national anthem (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Not just a couple, sounded like the vast majority inside Wembley today.
Bad taste if you ask me, represents more than just the royal family in my opinion

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Would not sing the national anthem...such a miserable dirge. And wouldn’t stand for it...I’m a republican and would prefer an anthem about the country and not the monarch. But I have never booed it (or any other countries for that matter).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here!

Evo1883

I understand people's point of view, it's just really tacky and disrespectful behaviour

chiefdave

On twitter the Liverpool Fans seem to be saying they booed because they're scousers not English. I hope that's a wind up because that's absolutely mental if its the real reason.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
On twitter the Liverpool Fans seem to be saying they booed because they're scousers not English. I hope that's a wind up because that's absolutely mental if its the real reason.
Of course it's a wind-up! It's just like saying that the Irish aren't British...……. er…. hang on. :emoji_thinking:

clint van damme

Maybe it's because the British state colluded to try and blame them for the death of 96 of their own fans?

30 years battling the establishment to reveal the truth would certainly skew your opinion of them.

Macca

Just as bad before 89. Worst visiting fans every year. Mind you on a positive note could stop overrated scousers playing for England

clint van damme

Just as bad before 89. Worst visiting fans every year. Mind you on a positive note could stop overrated scousers playing for England

We're they known for booing the national anthem pre 89?
I can't recall. I know you're right about their general behaviour, was appalling though they were still treated horrendously over Hillsborough.

Covstu

Disrespectful wankers the lot of em. You stay silent rather than boo your countries national anthem. It’s like England fans who boo other countries NAs just no need for it

PurpleBin

Maybe it's because the British state colluded to try and blame them for the death of 96 of their own fans?

30 years battling the establishment to reveal the truth would certainly skew your opinion of them.

Without wanting to get into a Liverpool debate...again! This is pretty much the long and short of it.

Personally think it was a bad shout booing it. Silence would have sufficed.

PurpleBin

Some peoples ignorance astounds me. I know I appear to wind some people here up when I defend scousers but some of you need to read up about what happened. It's horrifying and the cover up even more so.

As Clint says...87 was bad. It could have been us.

Loads with no tickets? As was the norm back then?

Ah...forget it. Wasting my time!

Covkid1968#

Never known scousers to disrespect the national anthem!!!

PurpleBin

How old are you? Genuine question. I'm going to assume you didn't go to football matches in the 70's and 80's if you think bunking in, young and old wasn't happening everywhere back then.

Ever heard of the United fans - The Jibbers...? Or Inter City Jibbers I think "To Pay is to Fail" is their motto. They don't pay in any stadium...even now! No one wants to talk about that though I suppose.

Macca

We're they known for booing the national anthem pre 89?
I can't recall. I know you're right about their general behaviour, was appalling though they were still treated horrendously over Hillsborough.

Ah no what I meant was that their general lack of respect and behaviour was as bad before Hillsborough rather than being caused by it.

Though yes I agree treated awfully in respect of 1989

Skybluemichael

How old are you? Genuine question. I'm going to assume you didn't go to football matches in the 70's and 80's if you think bunking in, young and old wasn't happening everywhere back then.

Ever heard of the United fans - The Jibbers...? Or Inter City Jibbers I think "To Pay is to Fail" is their motto. They don't pay in any stadium...even now! No one wants to talk about that though I suppose.
To be fair your right went to my first match in 97 didn’t know all this happened thought it was just Liverpool fans braking in

Evo1883

Look il be honest, I'm ex army and would regard myself as patriotic.
The national anthem to me is more than just a symbol of our monarch.
It's represented by the people who serve and have served this nation, and also represents the sacrifices given.
I served with quite Alot of scousers tbh and never felt they hated the nation, they all seemed extremely proud to serve it, as did I.

To me its disrespectful to the people of Britain and the ones who have fell which ironically will be thousands from Liverpool too..

PurpleBin

It's represented by the people who serve and have served this nation, and also represents the sacrifices given.
I served with quite Alot of scousers tbh and never felt they hated the nation, they all seemed extremely proud to serve it, as did I.

To me its disrespectful to the people of Britain and the ones who have fell which ironically will be thousands from Liverpool too..

I agree they definitely shouldn't have booed. If they don't like it they could have stayed quiet rather than boo...far classier and still sends the same message.

clint van damme

Ah no what I meant was that their general lack of respect and behaviour was as bad before Hillsborough rather than being caused by it.

Though yes I agree treated awfully in respect of 1989

I agree about their general behaviour, in my opinion their fans were worse than most in my experience but I don't let it cloud my judgement regarding Hillsborough, that remark isn't aimed at you by the way, but some people do.

Covstu

Spot on, they would have been up in arms if it was a minutes silence for Paisley or someone and the opposition fans didn’t respect it.

PurpleBin

Spot on, they would have been up in arms if it was a minutes silence for Paisley or someone and the opposition fans didn’t respect it.

Evos point about military is fair but I doubt people who haven't served, myself included think about the song that way. Most see it about the Queen (hence the lyrics) so I don't think it's the same as a minutes silence for the vast majority (nor is it intended to be) but whatever...Agree they shouldn't have booed it.

Covstu

Evos point about military is fair but I doubt people who haven't served, myself included think about the song that way. Most see it about the Queen (hence the lyrics) so I don't think it's the same as a minutes silence for the vast majority (nor is it intended to be) but whatever...Agree they shouldn't have booed it.
Not comparing his past to a minutes silence but the point still stands

CJ_covblaze

Disrespectful wankers the lot of em. You stay silent rather than boo your countries national anthem. It’s like England fans who boo other countries NAs just no need for it

That always pisses me and a lot of others off. No matter what country it is I always stand quietly like most do. Personally think it’s disrespectful to speak during another country’s let alone boo.

Users who are viewing this thread