Liverpool Fan in Peace (1 Viewer)

stupot07

He has 1 goal and 1 assist in about 17 games, the assist was from a corner

Yep.

Jacob Murphy 25 apps 8 goals 6 assists (plus x2 pens won?)

Ryan Kent 17 apps 1 goal 1 assist

Like others have said, pace to burn, can go past players with ease but lacks end product, always tries to take 1 more man on. He'll rip Exeter a new one, but will struggle in the PL against defenders who know how to defend 1-1. Good luck to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

chiefdave

He's got a lot of raw talent and hopefully one day will develop into a very good footballer. To be even talking about him being in the mix at Liverpool at this stage is crazy, he is nowhere near ready for that.

The concern would be that while he can get away with things at this level the expectation and pressure at Liverpool will be a lot higher. Hopefully Klopp pretty quickly realises he isn't ready and sends him back out on loan. Would be a shame to see his career stunted because he's been rushed through to save a few quid on the transfer market.

idm1975

No great loss, no end product from the lad, only decent thing was his goal against Barnsley, but I think Klopp will help his development and iron out his faults.

ps hands off Maddison, he's not for sale
To say he is no great loss is a bit harsh i think, has to be the most skillful player i have seen in a cov shirt for years. The end profuct will come and i am sure he will be a big orem league player in years to come.

stupot07

To say he is no great loss is a bit harsh i think, has to be the most skillful player i have seen in a cov shirt for years. The end profuct will come and i am sure he will be a big orem league player in years to come.

I wouldn't say he is any more skillful than Maddison, he is a good ball carrier at pace though. He is a loss because he gives us another option and more pace when we need fresh legs or Murphy needs resting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

J H Waters

He's got a lot of raw talent and hopefully one day will develop into a very good footballer. To be even talking about him being in the mix at Liverpool at this stage is crazy, he is nowhere near ready for that.

The concern would be that while he can get away with things at this level the expectation and pressure at Liverpool will be a lot higher. Hopefully Klopp pretty quickly realises he isn't ready and sends him back out on loan. Would be a shame to see his career stunted because he's been rushed through to save a few quid on the transfer market.

It's not about being cheap and saving a few quid on a player, it's about not rushing things and getting carried away with signing for signing's sake.
Say if Leroy Sané is the one Klopp want, but Schalke are adamant that they don't want to sell right now. Then you don't go and spend 10m on an "inferior" player you'll have to keep paid for 3-5 years.

As Kent is coming into a frustrating situation where fans have player fatigue and hang ups on certain players, like Lallana, Kent will at least initally be offered lots of leeway and patience as a young lad. I really think he'll offer a short term boost, like Ibe did last January, before going off the boil and facing a more difficult period. But we'll see. Klopp assessed the player in November during an international break and must have liked what he saw.

stupot07

I don't get what's happened to lallana, he was class before you guys signed him.

idm1975

Unfortunately we are not going to see it again for us but when he got the ball in space the opposition knew what was going to happen and it dropped them all back. His speed with the ball was fab and he proper scared defenders, his end product will come and he will be a top top winger.

J H Waters

I don't get what's happened to lallana, he was class before you guys signed him.

Well, the giant clusterfuck started with not properly replacing Luis Suarez and throwing wads of cash out on a mish mash of players. Then when Sturridge started to miss out on 3 out of every 4 games (or something), that made it all worse. In his last transfer window, Rodgers, scrambling around for a solution, went and bought Benteke from Villa for £32m. Who don't seem to get on well with either Lallana, Coutinho or Firmino.

The lack of a fast, mobile striker with good movement has often made the whole team look distinctly average, as everyone loses out. As big strong teams know there is no threat upfront, they can set up deep, have %35 possession, and smash LFC on the counter. Every. Fucking. Time. See Newcastle, Watford, Palace, West Ham, etc

LFC often have lots of possession, but no penetration. Sterile domination, get hit on the counter, get bullied out of the games.

Covstu

I think the boy will learn some missing elements in his game, he does have a lot to offer but as the others stated he is missing a final product and a bit of a football brain which will obviously come with time. Good look to him, it looks like you need something to give you better options upfront but Kent isn't ready for prem first team football just yet

J H Waters

I think the boy will learn some missing elements in his game, he does have a lot to offer but as the others stated he is missing a final product and a bit of a football brain which will obviously come with time. Good look to him, it looks like you need something to give you better options upfront but Kent isn't ready for prem first team football just yet

Today's bench vs WHU:
Bogdan
Smith
Allen
Toure
Brannagan
Randall
Lallana

Lallana as the only attacking player, and he's widely criticized for taking too many Cruyff-turns, dawdling on the ball and dragging the tempo down.
That bench is utterly shocking.

But whether Kent can cope with the level, like you say, that's another thing.

Finchy

I just hope the lad goes on to do well. The game needs players who can get the fans on the edge of their seats and Ryan Kent can certainly do that.
With a bit of fine tuning he COULD be a class act.
I wish him well and will follow his progress with interest.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

Hope he does well for you but I think it's way too soon to be putting him in the premier league

lifeskyblue

I think in w couple seasons he will be a premier league regular. At present it is his decision making...must learn when to take players on and when to play in a colleague. When that comes he will be frightening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheelfass

Whatever......he was a really good attacking option for us and scared the hell out of opposition defences. His final ball was mainly irrelevant but best of luck to him for his future with our thanks for his contribution to our promotion surge.

SBT

He's a good player, but he's missing a certain something, can't quite put my finger on it

He has pace, trickery, skill but no end product

Unbelievably skillful player needs to add an end product to his game.

He has a lot of pace of course but no end product.

Lots of skill and pace but his end product is abysmal

Same as what everyone else has said really, loads of skill and pace but no end product.

No end product and nowhere near ready for the Premiership!

No great loss, no end product from the lad

Like others have said, pace to burn, can go past players with ease but lacks end product

Kingokings204

So he has no end product. I agree.

He has all the skill and pace in the world but has no football brain at all. Loads of time to correct that of course under the right people and he couldn't ask for much better than mowbray and now klopp.

mechaishida

Yes, yes, no end product, bleeding hell lads...;)

To our resident Liverpool fans, who have my respect for in turn, respecting this forum: we haven't seen the best of Ryan Kent, not by a long shot, however this boy is a prodigy in the making...IF he devotes himself to studying the game, committing himself to teamwork, and working hard to get those crosses in.

True, he's no great loss as it stands, but that doesn't mean he isn't a future star. I think Klopp can get the absolute best out of him, and if he does, he'll be equally as good as Raheem Sterling. At least.

Best of luck anyway, lads, have faith in the Klopp-meister, he'll do the business.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Wish him every bit of luck in the future although I can't contribute anything more than what has been said. Great with the ball at his feet running at people, far above league one standard, final ball/finishing is far weaker than league one standard

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J H Waters

Yes, yes, no end product, bleeding hell lads...;)

To our resident Liverpool fans, who have my respect for in turn, respecting this forum: we haven't seen the best of Ryan Kent, not by a long shot, however this boy is a prodigy in the making...IF he devotes himself to studying the game, committing himself to teamwork, and working hard to get those crosses in.

True, he's no great loss as it stands, but that doesn't mean he isn't a future star. I think Klopp can get the absolute best out of him, and if he does, he'll be equally as good as Raheem Sterling. At least.

Best of luck anyway, lads, have faith in the Klopp-meister, he'll do the business.

:claping hands:
Thanks for the kind words, it´s interesting to interact with fans of other teams because of this whole loan scheme that´s going on across the leagues.

For his raw features, I think someone on Red And White Kop hit the jackpot when calling him a Reus light, a Reus mk II. (Not comparing quality wise at all!)

quote from RAWK in october:

3. Which youth players will benefit or lose out from Klopp's appointment?

I agree with Vork that Kent could benefit greatly; he embodies many of the traits Klopp likes in forwards (pace, excitement, risk-taking, and energy).

His being seemingly almost ambidextrous (taking corners with both feet?) is another interesting trait.

End product though, as is being said over and over again, that is a worry.

WestEndAgro

Great player with massive potential, he showed glimpses of outrageous skill, thanks for your short spell in Sky Blue I personally really enjoyed it PUSB

Hobo

Some of our fans make it sound like he never makes cross or a pass to another player. He does but not often enough. A lot of what he tries nearly comes off. Although he does occasionally totally over hit crosses

One strength he has is he is not phased by making mistakes he keeps going. I would not say he has no footballing brain, but sometime he gets his head down a bit when running at the opposition and needs to learn to look up a bit more and spot the options.

Off the bench he scares the opposition and they double up on him. This creates space for other players and Murphy has often has had his best period with the arrival of Kent. Some of our fans don't think that is an end product, but I do forcing the opposition to change tactics and shape. He is a very exciting prospect, but still has a lot to learn. I don't think he is ready for Premier League yet. But surround him with more experienced players and who knows? He keeps going that's for sure despite his errors!

Gazolba

Beating a Premier League defender is different to beating a L1 defender and even if you do get a shot off, the GKs are so much better and stop everything but exceptional efforts.

standupforcity

The most irritating player...lots of skill but dreadful end product. Very selfish...just not a team player. Hope he changes..if not, be prepared for a lot of serious frustration...

mechaishida

:claping hands:
Thanks for the kind words, it´s interesting to interact with fans of other teams because of this whole loan scheme that´s going on across the leagues.

For his raw features, I think someone on Red And White Kop hit the jackpot when calling him a Reus light, a Reus mk II. (Not comparing quality wise at all!)

quote from RAWK in october:

3. Which youth players will benefit or lose out from Klopp's appointment?

I agree with Vork that Kent could benefit greatly; he embodies many of the traits Klopp likes in forwards (pace, excitement, risk-taking, and energy).

His being seemingly almost ambidextrous (taking corners with both feet?) is another interesting trait.

End product though, as is being said over and over again, that is a worry.

Absolutely, in fact I've always advocated the loan system, especially in the last 10-12 years since a major percentage of FL clubs have struggled financially.

Indeed, he is as raw as it gets for a young player, in fact I nicknamed him 'Diet Ronaldo' for his multitude of skills and aggression. The lack of an end product was frustrating as a Coventry fan, but Liverpool fans should be quite keen to see how he fares in the PL - all it will take, for him to develop nicely, is a bit of one-to-one coaching to get his brain in 'teamwork' mode.

A year to 18 months, and this lad will be well on his way, I assure you. And I do admire Klopp's mentality of youth development, he has an almost 'old school' footballing outlook that encompasses the essence of what the game should be.

Personally, I think Liverpool's renaissance depends on the quality of unearthed youth talent in their system, not throwing money at ludicrously expensive imports. It's all well and good having a talismanic forward to drive the team on, a la Suarez, but the passionate drive of young players will bring unity and coherence to the team. And the fans, naturally.

Oh and by the way, just to echo the sentiment stated earlier, if Klopp signs our Maddison and doesn't loan him back to us, I'll find him and shit in his letterbox. :D

J H Waters

Absolutely, in fact I've always advocated the loan system, especially in the last 10-12 years since a major percentage of FL clubs have struggled financially.

Indeed, he is as raw as it gets for a young player, in fact I nicknamed him 'Diet Ronaldo' for his multitude of skills and aggression. The lack of an end product was frustrating as a Coventry fan, but Liverpool fans should be quite keen to see how he fares in the PL - all it will take, for him to develop nicely, is a bit of one-to-one coaching to get his brain in 'teamwork' mode.

A year to 18 months, and this lad will be well on his way, I assure you. And I do admire Klopp's mentality of youth development, he has an almost 'old school' footballing outlook that encompasses the essence of what the game should be.

Personally, I think Liverpool's renaissance depends on the quality of unearthed youth talent in their system, not throwing money at ludicrously expensive imports. It's all well and good having a talismanic forward to drive the team on, a la Suarez, but the passionate drive of young players will bring unity and coherence to the team. And the fans, naturally.

Oh and by the way, just to echo the sentiment stated earlier, if Klopp signs our Maddison and doesn't loan him back to us, I'll find him and shit in his letterbox. :D

Yeah, I´ve seen Jordon Ibe with the U18s absolutely taking the piss in playing a 1 vs 11 game, not passing at all, but he fell into line with a team game quickly enough.. Kent will come into a hierarchy (dysfunctional atm) where Coutinho is expected to be the showrunner..

All sorts of rumours going on, LFC interest in Maddison, LFC interest in that Dembele kid at Fulham... Not anything substantial so far..

There is a desperate lack of a) pace b) squad options c) confidence/bravery d) coherence/chemistry right now at LFC.
Can have no doubt that Klopp is looking darkly at some of the players thinking that they haven´t got the balls to stay longer than the summer.
Any side with a bit of muscle and nous can bully them out of the style.

How Kent will fare in this environment, who knows, but really.. It´s getting to the point where you have to turn every stone, because the established first teamers are doing a pretty horrid job of it.

mrtrench

All sorts of rumours going on, LFC interest in Maddison,

Most of the big clubs are rumoured to be looking at Madders; I think he's the best youth player we've ever produced and has the potential to become world class. Better than Sturridge (poetic license here as I never saw him play for our youth team); better than Wilson; Hately; Danny Thomas... He's got the skill of Kent (not the same but just as effective) but he also has a footballing brain and can shoot. His free kicks remind me of Beckham - he just passes the ball into the net. Alex Ferguson was checking on him regularly since he was about 14.

stupot07

Liverpool would ruin Maddision. If he is to go to any of the 'big' clubs he should go to Arsenal.

mrtrench

Liverpool would ruin Maddision. If he is to go to any of the 'big' clubs he should go to Arsenal.

I agree, Wenger has the track record of making these purchases come to fruition.

AFCCOVENTRY

Hi All,

you can probably tell what the thread will be about before you click the post...

So i've just heard the news that Klopp has decided to bring kent back into the first team picture at melwood. Have to say i'm not a big fan of this move..i believe as a young player develop and first team chances is the way forward...anyway, i think the reason behind this is that we've been completely horrendous this season and wants to add a bit of pace and directness into the fold (something lallana firmino and biglump can't provide).

Basically wanted to know from supporters who watch their team every game, how he's done? things he's done well in particular, things he can improve on (don't say consistency :p)

maybe we can loan you guys lallana for the remainder of the season?

also wish you guys the best for the 2nd half of the season, push on for promotion and HNY :D

P.s where are your xmas smileys at??

I am afraid he isn't going to make it in the premiership from what I saw. He has pace and trickery but he has no idea what to do with the ball when he gets bear the box. Just gives the ball away, can't cross and can't shoot.

You have to look at footballing brains and the likes of Murphy and Armstrong we have on loan at a similar age and from Premiership clubs have much more mature footballing brains.

I can see Kent being one of those players that bounces around in the Championship at most.

Last edited:

J H Waters

With all due respect, one word for this: supposition

The past is not the present.

The mess of Hodgson, Dalglish and Rodgers does not necessarily carry on with Klopp.
And Wenger, change has been in the air for ages now. How long is it before Guardiola or Simone (for example) come in, taking with them a huge Spanish influence?

In the medium short term, Tottenham is as good a place as any. Pochettino´s position looks stable, he´s willing to put Dele Alli straight into the side.
Man City, Chelsea and Utd have so much money that talents go there to die to a certain extent, but saying that Maddison will be ruined at LFC, well.. It could happen, but then Coutinho could go to Barcelona this summer, Lallana be shipped out and Firmino be found too lightweight. Klopp will make big adjustments to this squad to put his imprint on it.

shmmeee

You can't have Madders. Look what you did to Chris Kirkland. I wouldn't let a young player anywhere near LFC, they always seem to have injury issues and don't seem to come out with the understanding of the game of players from other big clubs.

Arsenal or Spurs for me if I was a talented kid in the game today. Or ideally none of them until you're good enough to be signed for the first team. Academy/U21 football is massively overrated.

mark82

I think Liverpool would be a good fit for him while Klopp is there. Maddison's biggest problem with making it at the top level is that he's a bit lightweight. That aside could honestly see him playing for England one day. We need to keep him as long as possible.

Kent.... Very exciting player, bags of potential but currently no end product. He's still very young so has time on his side. Lack of end product a bit like Ronaldo when first at United or Walcott when he was young. They've both done okay (of course plenty of other examples who've gone the other way). Has a high ceiling (England international) but a low floor (lower league player) - could still go either way.

J H Waters

I think Liverpool would be a good fit for him while Klopp is there. Maddison's biggest problem with making it at the top level is that he's a bit lightweight. That aside could honestly see him playing for England one day. We need to keep him as long as possible.

Kent.... Very exciting player, bags of potential but currently no end product. He's still very young so has time on his side. Lack of end product a bit like Ronaldo when first at United or Walcott when he was young. They've both done okay (of course plenty of other examples who've gone the other way). Has a high ceiling (England international) but a low floor (lower league player) - could still go either way.

We could sit here making cases for/against the "big clubs" all day, coloured by likes and dislikes.

With Klopp though, history shows he stayed 11 years at Mainz as a player, 7 years as a manager and 7 years at BVB as a manager.
Unless his reign crashes in two-three years, he seems the type to lay down roots in one place for quite a period of time.

So unless people believe there is something at Liverpool that inherently ruins players, regardless of who the manager is, then it's an odd thing to assume that such a move would automatically be the death of Maddison's top flight career.

Klopp was in charge of the club when Gotze, Reus and Lewandowski made their climb from potential to world stars.

Wilshere has had his career blighted by injuries, the Ox can't seem to get his career firing properly. These things can happen at any club.
What Tottenham and LFC have in common though, is that they to a certain extent are forced to put their trust in young players, being the 5th and 6th richest club in the league.

If you look here at the stats from Transfermarkt, they have the youngest average squads in the PL:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/startseite/wettbewerb/GB1

But like I said, any fan from the big 6 or whatever you want to call it could come in with a list of pros and cons. Chelsea has had Ruben Loftus Cheek rotting on their bench under Mourinho, but who knows how that may change with a new manager.

Users who are viewing this thread