Live stream. (1 Viewer)

H

Huckerby

Just a thought, why do the club not have an option to watch games live on sky blue player? Can't be that expensive to setup surely and I'm sure a lot of people would pay for it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

There's a rule in the UK that no live football is broadcast between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturday afternoon. Was put in place as when matches started being televised there was a concern lower league attendances could be hit if there was an alternative to stay at home and watch a top division match.

Its why when Sky show European games they often can't show some of the first half live.

Skybluepiglet

Just a thought, why do the club not have an option to watch games live on sky blue player? Can't be that expensive to setup surely and I'm sure a lot of people would pay for it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This SHOULD be done for matches when they have sold out....no argument then ...for all clubs..if game is sold out with Bums on seats I can't see an y logic in not showing it..(although some may argue people would watch a stream instead of going to a different game I suppose)

chiefdave

Did see on twitter this week that Kieran is thinking of putting the whole of some matches up on Sky Blues Player (not live) as well as the highlights.

shmmeee

I'd love to be able to watch the whole of games I missed on SBP, I'd definitely sign up for that.

Wanderer

It would help with people who live outside of England. That would be a nice way to draw some foreign fans. And, seeing how Coventry is playing not just good football, but football that is pleasant for eyes as well...it would be a good move to provide it somehow. Here, you can watch Premier League, and a few matches of Championship, and that's it.

I know it wouldn't garner club a lot of, or any, money. But in the long run it's better to present yourselves to as more fans as possible. There are people, like me, who don't like Chelsea and Man Utd, or clubs that are good at the moment.

CovLis86

Likewise if they showed full length delayed games on sky blue player I'd sign up immediately. Living in Exeter, can't drive and play football most Saturdays I just don't get to see the games.

H

Huckerby

There's a rule in the UK that no live football is broadcast between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturday afternoon. Was put in place as when matches started being televised there was a concern lower league attendances could be hit if there was an alternative to stay at home and watch a top division match.

Its why when Sky show European games they often can't show some of the first half live.

Ahh right. Didn't know this - learn something new every day. Explains a lot actually. A mate of mine has a dodgy TV box and gets all the 3pm kick offs on it, but none of the normal channels every show it and I was like how on earth? This answers that too!

chiefdave

Ahh right. Didn't know this - learn something new every day. Explains a lot actually. A mate of mine has a dodgy TV box and gets all the 3pm kick offs on it, but none of the normal channels every show it and I was like how on earth? This answers that too!

I think I read somewhere that Ofcom were looking into the rule as obviously things have changed considerably since the 50s when it was introduced.

Live streaming of all games will happen at some point, just a matter of when. The technology is certainly there and pretty robust these days. You can sign up to packages for things like NFL, MLB, NHL, WWE and UFC to live stream their events in HD. Sure when the rights are due for renewal if there's money to be made for the teams at the top the rule will get changed.

pipkin73

Rangers and Celtic stream games for fans outside of the UK. Costs over 200€ a year to watch them all (so like a season ticket) and it means fans abroad can 1) watch all the games live, 2) contribute funds as if they still lived in the city. A BIG stream of money that we miss out on (sory but i have to say it (wind up( but could WASPS find a way of taking that money of us also))). and breath lol

chiefdave

but could WASPS find a way of taking that money of us also

Theoretically yes. Its not unusual for venues to charge a rights fee for filming for commercial use however I would expect that to be included in our rent as we need to provide footage for the Football League, Sky etc.

Astute

I think I read somewhere that Ofcom were looking into the rule as obviously things have changed considerably since the 50s when it was introduced.

Live streaming of all games will happen at some point, just a matter of when. The technology is certainly there and pretty robust these days. You can sign up to packages for things like NFL, MLB, NHL, WWE and UFC to live stream their events in HD. Sure when the rights are due for renewal if there's money to be made for the teams at the top the rule will get changed.

I can see it happening at some stage. The question would be how much would people be prepared to pay. I would happily pay about £230 a year. Fiver a game. Maybe more for cup games. But only if a lot of the money goes to our club.

shmmeee

I can see it happening at some stage. The question would be how much would people be prepared to pay. I would happily pay about £230 a year. Fiver a game. Maybe more for cup games. But only if a lot of the money goes to our club.

I'd pay a fiver a game to watch away games. I'd rather people turned up at home TBH.

ccfcway

Rangers and Celtic stream games for fans outside of the UK. Costs over 200€ a year to watch them all (so like a season ticket) and it means fans abroad can 1) watch all the games live, 2) contribute funds as if they still lived in the city. A BIG stream of money that we miss out on (sory but i have to say it (wind up( but could WASPS find a way of taking that money of us also))). and breath lol

i'd sign up tomorrow if cov could do that.

Users who are viewing this thread